FBI wants palm prints, eye scans, tattoo mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not such a bad idea, Texas itself is a huge state. It should be able to stand on its own as a nation. States can secede from the USA if they want to.
I hope they have better luck than my state of South Carolina did. :giggle:

It's becoming quite clear that the government is trying to create a country with total information awareness and such. They will collect all sorts of data and more. What they will do with the information is a guessing game despite their claims to using it to track down the terrorists and criminals.
Data collection and manipulation is the name of the game in this information generation, eh?

The Nazi government passed a law requiring the followers of Judaism to register and wear armbands to identify themselves. Then the information was used to hunt down and kill the Jews. Who's to say they won't use the information for similar reasons? Like say, the Muslims? Not saying they would, but never say never.
I've been concerned about the registering of firearms for years. If a future totalitarian US government decided to chuck the 2nd Amendment, and collect up all the privately owned guns, all they have to do is access the gun registration data base. They can easily find all the legally owned guns that way. :(

What was one of the first things the Nazis did after identifying the Jews? They collected all their firearms from them.

If you are willing to give up liberty in exchange for security, you deserve neither.
Sounds familiar:

"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty."
--Benjamin Franklin

You're in good philosophical company. :)

I agree with Banjo's over-all point.

Vampy,

I believe if this does happen, and right now I cant see it happening. I can see them doing the same thing they do with driver's licenses and many other things.

When you go to get your passport or some other type of identification, this will be added on to that identification and they will just up the costs for each of us, thus paying for it ourselves.

I can see the need for it, but yet I dont want the government having anymore control over our lives than they already do.
Yeah, it will add another layer of bureaucracy, another stack of new forms to process, and more fees added to each step.

:eek3: Meaning when, I go to the Ladies room they will know!
How do you know they don't already? ;)

American government just want more control over the people by keeping tabs on them. I guess the ol' Social Security card isn't as secured as it was before. Next thing you know they will be Micro-chipping us.
Did you know that originally the Social Security card had printed on it "not for purposes of identification"? Also, it was very rare for a child to get a SSN before age 16 years. Now all US babies get one at birth. The military didn't use the SSN for identification until 1970.

How are they doing it for money?

Well it's strange, but governments do LOVE the criminals. They earn alot of money from the criminals, if they caught more criminals, they fine and charging them alot of money, the more criminals, the more money they get.

Governments can be too dirty sometimes, no wonder some of us called the polices as "pig" lol ;)

It's becoming quite clear that the government is trying to create a country with total information awareness and such. They will collect all sorts of data and more. What they will do with the information is a guessing game despite their claims to using it to track down the terrorists and criminals.

The Nazi government passed a law requiring the followers of Judaism to register and wear armbands to identify themselves. Then the information was used to hunt down and kill the Jews. Who's to say they won't use the information for similar reasons? Like say, the Muslims? Not saying they would, but never say never.

If you are willing to give up liberty in exchange for security, you deserve neither. As far I am concerned, people are continuing to give up more rights rather than getting them back later. In the end, everyone will realize the horrific mistake they made in letting the government do everything without consequences.
It's all probably cuz of Bush.

Well it's strange, but governments do LOVE the criminals. They earn alot of money from the criminals, if they caught more criminals, they fine and charging them alot of money, the more criminals, the more money they get.

Governments can be too dirty sometimes, no wonder some of us called the polices as "pig" lol ;)
How are they making money off of criminals? They actually lose money... court costs... prison fees (food, cell, etc)...

How are they making money off of criminals? They actually lose money... court costs... prison fees (food, cell, etc)...

And don't forget, they use it to pay for the polices. If the polices doesn't caught enough of criminals, then polices don't get enough of money. That's why the polices are so piggy.

Banjo writes:
Because you are my neighbour, and I'm a concerned neighbour. The actions your government take sometimes affect my country too as well. Politically and emotionally, that is.

Yeah I have a neighbor like that...a nosey neighbor.

Banjo writes:
Canada is a sovereign nation. We monitor our own airspace and waterways. Although, we are an ally of the U.S., and collaborate with them. We are to assist each other on both sides if needed. But from what I know, they do not patrol our airspace and waterways. Maybe the international waters, but not the Canadian ones. That's our territory to patrol. We don't even allow American submarines to patrol near the Canadian waterways by Arctic ocean.

And yet Canada doesn't have the intelligence to know who is entering their country as 3 Canadian immigrants had Al-Qaeda ties that tried to enter the United States and were arrested at the American border.

Secondly, the United States recognizes the borders of foreign nations and does patrol the waterways, airspace within 12 miles of the said border. So...in a nutshell, we can have an American submarine off of Nova Scotia as long as its not within the 12 miles of Nova Scotia shoreline.

Bango writes:
I expect the drones to believe every word the government feed them without questioning the motives. Do you think they are going to include just the criminals and terrorists' personal information without including the citizens' personal information? I am not talking about the current technology, what I am saying is that this will pave the road to a more advanced system where everybody's personal information will be included.

Please, let's be realistic.

After all, the US government did say that the SSN would be only used for one purpose for ever. Today, it is used for many purposes.

It's dangerous when the people don't see the need to question the government's motives. Not enough Germans did back in the 1930s and 42 million lives were wasted over a situation that could had been prevented in the first place.

Your country wasn't attacked, ours was. Therefore we have every right to have the latest in technology in terms of tracking down criminals and terrorists.

Those that scream civil liberties are usually the ones that are hiding something.....

Banjo writes:
That's not such a bad idea, Texas itself is a huge state. It should be able to stand on its own as a nation. States can secede from the USA if they want to.

Not the largest state and wouldn't be able to support itself.

Reba writes:
I've been concerned about the registering of firearms for years. If a future totalitarian US government decided to chuck the 2nd Amendment, and collect up all the privately owned guns, all they have to do is access the gun registration data base. They can easily find all the legally owned guns that way.

I believe that certain people should have guns and certain people shouldn't, hence the Brady Law.

Reba writes:
"Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty."
--Benjamin Franklin

If he was alive, he would agree to a more secured nation. Oh, wait a minute, the one that suggest a turkey for the emblem is dead.

PuyoPiyo writes:
And don't forget, they use it to pay for the polices. If the polices doesn't caught enough of criminals, then polices don't get enough of money. That's why the polices are so piggy.

And then something happens to you and who do you call? The police.

PuyoPiyo writes:

And then something happens to you and who do you call? The police.

Yeah true, the polices can be very helpful for us, but in somehow they would just pick us out if we did anything wrong even though we doesn't actually need help, example, speeding, marijuana, curfews, etc..

And yet Canada doesn't have the intelligence to know who is entering their country as 3 Canadian immigrants had Al-Qaeda ties that tried to enter the United States and were arrested at the American border.

Oh, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of terrorists within your country. It's still easy to get into your country. I should know because I visit the USA quite often. Never had a problem getting into the USA, heck sometimes I don't even have to show my ID. That's no longer true anymore, I will have to show my driver's license and birth certificate at the border from now on, which I've always done whenever asked to. The American/Canadian border is hardly secure, it's a joke.

We do arrest terrorist suspects, but they aren't reported to the mainstream media since it's confidential information. Nobody is perfect, we can't always spot a terrorist suspect even if someone else could. It's the same the other way around. Remember, you live in a country where major headlines concern Britney Spears and some other celebrities like Paris Hilton. Pretty everything get reported in your country including information that were supposed to be confidential in the first place. Honestly, I don't think we should have reporters travelling with the military in Iraq and other countries because it put the soldiers at even more danger when they already are.

Secondly, the United States recognizes the borders of foreign nations and does patrol the waterways, airspace within 12 miles of the said border. So...in a nutshell, we can have an American submarine off of Nova Scotia as long as its not within the 12 miles of Nova Scotia shoreline.

Doesn't matter, they do not patrol for Canada. It's their habit to roam everywhere even into territories they aren't supposed to enter. Remember what happened with Iran? Americans were taken prisoners because they were not too far from their territory. Yes, Americans didn't do anything wrong, but they were still taken as prisoners because of the tension between the US and Iran government.

Your country wasn't attacked, ours was. Therefore we have every right to have the latest in technology in terms of tracking down criminals and terrorists.

Americans are still entitled to their rights as stated in the constitution. For the last decade, their rights have been compromised more and more for "national security" purposes. This is just another step to taking some of people's freedom away for good.

Those that scream civil liberties are usually the ones that are hiding something.....

Let's discuss your bedroom activities then since you are openly homosexual. Sodomy is still illegal in some states, even though it is unconstitutional, it's still illegal. What? Would you rather not discuss it? Well, that's hiding something. If you don't mind discussing it, that doesn't matter because most people would rather not discuss their intimate details with the public. People like their privacy.

I am quite familiar with world history and the government participating in certain activities can be recognized as a threat to the citizens of a nation. It's not about what you have to hide, it's about keeping your rights rather than losing some.

Soviet-controlled nations banned a lot of novels, movies and more. If a person was caught with a copy of a banned novel, that person will be taken in for hours or days of questioning and tortured too as well. Maybe even killed if they feel threatened by your ideals. They even sent people in people's places to put in hidden microphones and listen to every conversation you shared with people within your place. They will take notes of it.

I could go on and on about why people have and should preserve their rights. You do not either deserve liberty nor security if you are willing to give up your rights.

I believe that certain people should have guns and certain people shouldn't, hence the Brady Law.

Careful there, you are echoing the Nazi government's agenda. You do show some signs of being a fascist/communist. This is what the Nazi government did to the Jews. They took their weapons away and then proceeded to kill them, rob them of jewelery and such. People are still given the right to bear armed for a good reason. To protect themselves from the government when it becomes a tyranny.

If he was alive, he would agree to a more secured nation. Oh, wait a minute, the one that suggest a turkey for the emblem is dead.

If he was alive today, he would smack some sense into you. He was one of the most outspoken men when it came to liberty and national security.

You have made it quite clear that you support certain ideals of fascism. Not liberalism or any sorts.

How do you know they don't already? ;)

Did you know that originally the Social Security card had printed on it "not for purposes of identification"? Also, it was very rare for a child to get a SSN before age 16 years. Now all US babies get one at birth. The military didn't use the SSN for identification until 1970.

No.. I did not know that. I find it interesting because when my children where born I got SS card for both due to filing taxes, and you are required to have a Social Security card to claim your children on your taxes.

Now I understand Banjos post. On how the government can say one thing and manipulate it to being something else...

I would appreciate it if you could show a little more respect for the police officers who put their lives on the line for you and me.

This is what I think about that:

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - Homepage

All the Founding Fathers and those involved with the writing of our Constitution are dead. So should we just chuck the whole thing?

BTW, the bird he suggested was the native-to-North America wild turkey, not the Butterball that we see now.

I would appreciate it if you could show a little more respect for the police officers who put their lives on the line for you and me.

Allright, I am out now. Sorry if I was insulting, even though my grandpa himself was used to be a police..

Speaking about Amendment

If the Government or President want chuck out those Amendment or the 2nd Amendment. It doesn't matter how many Amendment that removed or add. Once they did that to Amendment and we lose those freedom that equal all.

It how we create first past history that fountain Amendment for USA become Freedom in specific. Yes we need the law such as prevent and keep thing control unless we welcome the crazy people to hurt us.

Amendment is what we need watch out. If they are thinking about removed Amendment. RUN and get out of their land because then they will control you for good!

My college time and the teacher is worried too much about Amendment. I can see and clearly that could possible.. we don't know when and why.

They simple answer want is money.

The more bad people there are, the more policemen needed. The more policemen needed, the more money needed. There's no profit to be made anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back