Fay

Hmm, doesnt seem like Fay is being upgraded to hurricane anytime soon. Heh, Fay is making everyone wonder. My father thinks we won't be in its path.

I am in Fort Myers area as I can see heavy rain outta here. Strong wind, too and yet, it is still warm outside. It's going to be my first time to experience this since I moved down here from Alaska.

Oh wow, you moved around alot ? What is next ? Massachusetts ? ;)

Hmm, doesnt seem like Fay is being upgraded to hurricane anytime soon. Heh, Fay is making everyone wonder. My father thinks we won't be in its path.

She is over land; that's why. A tropical system needs water to sustain it. As long as this storm remains over land, it won't intensify. In fact, it will probably weaken through time. :)

Oceanbreeze is right. The longer a storm is over a land, the weaker it will become.

It is starting to get breezy in where I am. Fay is still south of us and it will probably be weak by the time she comes nearer to us.

:shock: Jesus, that was dangerous!
Some people do not care about keeping themselves safe from these kind of storms :roll:

I survived hurricane Andrew, a CAT 5 storm, and ever since I have had a serious respect for such destructive weather. What a massive, distructive hurricane Andrew was...incredible.

oooo, that has to HURT!!! Retard is the right word!! I'm definitely showing my guy the video! Hurricane parties are great but not to do anything dumb.

You know what's funny? I came down to Miami for my intership right after Andrew. LOTS of devastation. We had plans to go see my aunt in Port Charlotte the day Charley struck Charlotte County four years ago. A lot of schools were gone forever. It was at least a year and half for new schools to be put in their places. Never mind the destruction of stores, buildings, even the roads for the past few years.

Ivan was in 2004. The year of the major four. I WORRIED about that one,with so much glass in my old Miami townhouse long before it smashed up Cayman Islands. I just had a very bad feeling about that one. Sure it did. And was heading straight for the Miami area before it suddenly shifted to the west and right up to the Panhandle where it wreaked more devastation like Andrew there.

Remmy Islandgal, I was gonna come down one more time to visit before my baby came along but decided not to being so late in pregnancy. Then I fell at work--and took a whole weekend in the hospital for fetal monitoring. What a very relaxing weekend except for not being able to talk to you down there while Ivan was approaching your home!!!!! That sucked!!! September 11-12 Ivan struck. I still get goosebumps thinking about Ivan.

oooo, that has to HURT!!! Retard is the right word!! I'm definitely showing my guy the video! Hurricane parties are great but not to do anything dumb.

You know what's funny? I came down to Miami for my intership right after Andrew. LOTS of devastation. We had plans to go see my aunt in Port Charlotte the day Charley struck Charlotte County four years ago. A lot of schools were gone forever. It was at least a year and half for new schools to be put in their places. Never mind the destruction of stores, buildings, even the roads for the past few years.

Ivan was in 2004. The year of the major four. I WORRIED about that one,with so much glass in my old Miami townhouse long before it smashed up Cayman Islands. I just had a very bad feeling about that one. Sure it did. And was heading straight for the Miami area before it suddenly shifted to the west and right up to the Panhandle where it wreaked more devastation like Andrew there.

Remmy Islandgal, I was gonna come down one more time to visit before my baby came along but decided not to being so late in pregnancy. Then I fell at work--and took a whole weekend in the hospital for fetal monitoring. What a very relaxing weekend except for not being able to talk to you down there while Ivan was approaching your home!!!!! That sucked!!! September 11-12 Ivan struck. I still get goosebumps thinking about Ivan.

Yea, I remember. Memories of Ivan will be forever in my mind. I still shudder whenever I think about it.

I live in Jacksonville, (NE FL), yesterday it was projected to go into the atlantic, become a hurricane, and the turn and hit us head on… but this morning it isnt supposed to hit us directly… who knows. I am at work now. LOL!!! Ya gotta love corporate life! I came in super early because I am a team lead and we knew people would be out because they closed the schools. I will be covering their work. This morning when I woke up the wind was howling but not too much rain. Really dark though, ominous. For my FL family everyone be safe.

The winds stopped blowing around midnight. It's sunny and gorgeous out. Fay may boomerang into the Gulf and back into the western part of FL after crossing over N. Florida.

We're all good here! A good practice run for the BIG one someday.

Good riddance, Fay.

I am with you on this.

Fay has dumped so much rain on us and caused some severe floodings in several areas in Florida. It has rained so much in my area but thankfully no floodings though. She has caused my children's school to close 3 times with her sneaky path! I was getting weary of her.

My heart goes out for the people who have lost their homes :(

Nice weather around here. Sunny and slightly breeze this morning. Had a few puddles around the neighborhoods .. but, they are about to dry up. Did walk through the water on the street with my bare feet. :lol: It was nice feeling, thou -- been a long time to remember this feeling since my childhood. LOL

Yeah, I know how you guys feel about being " weary " -- life goes on, right ? :)

Hey, Maria, were you at Hurricane Patty's for dphh in St Augustine recently? I dunno, just for some reason..

I was sad to see some people losing their houses, too. My eyes were glued on the morning news the day after Fay left my area.

Hey, Maria, were you at Hurricane Patty's for dphh in St Augustine recently? I dunno, just for some reason..

No, sweetheart. I've never been there since I landed in Fort Myers from Alaska last July 26th - been in here for a month now. Will visit some cities one of these days.

I was sad to see some people losing their houses, too. My eyes were glued on the morning news the day after Fay left my area.

Aww, that's really sad. Wonderin' if the insurance agencies could afford to cover their losses ?

TS Fay was quite one despite being a TS... just strong winds and lot of rains.

Ours was lucked out this time due to Fay (eye) heading northwest-west about 45 minutes sw of our place. Only we faced about 35-50 mph winds and series of raining but no flooding in my area. It's actual "nothing" like those big 4 in 2005. Just lot of branches and leaves were left on the road, lawns, and roadsides plus several floodings nearby was pretty much done here.

There is another one developing underway so will keep eye on it especially in next several days later.

Historically, Jax had only one direct hit by a hurricane back in 1962 while one passed by real close back in 1989. It was rather a surprise here, but we do expect one may comes direct someday - way overdue.

Although we also had two powerful after-effects by TS Charles (weaken when it crossed Fla on its way north) and the same with the Ivan (think that was the one or maybe Frances? I forgot which one lol).

So sorry for others who were unfortunate and frustrated caused by the Fay... although it was actually a weaker one. I thanked Fay for the cool and wet days esp in the month of August which usually gets quite hot. lol

Back