Fake Sign Language Interpreter at Nelson Mandela memorial

They are so busy spying on us that they neglected to watch their own.

Whoa. Murder? Rape? Why isn't he 6 feet under? Or better yet, in a prison so tough he wouldn't survive a day there? The point here is, he shouldn't have anywhere near the US President.

thamsanqa-jantjie-photos-3.gif

9 Thamsanqa Jantjie Photos - Fake Sign Language Interpreter Funny GIFs

Just so we're clear.... how did he get away with murder and rape? Last night South African police came to pick him up, and he refused to go with them. Well, not for long. They'll FORCE him to go, if they haven't already done so.

Does anyone believe his story that he had a schizophrenic episode?

I don't know anything about the illness so it's hard for me to judge.

I doubt it , I really don't think he would had been in that control of his emotions if he was having schizophrenic episode . I know someone that was not able to move or talk when they where having a schizophrenic episode. She had to have two men help her walk , it was very sad , she was a very gifted artist.

OH MY GOSH!!! Do you have the news on?? I just saw this thread shown on CNN saying "Deaf up in arms about recent imposter" and showed pics of this AD thread!!! I turned to Fox and they did too!!! :eek3:

So does this mean we're all "world famous " now ???

I doubt it , I really don't think he would had been in that control of his emotions if he was having schizophrenic episode . I know someone that was not able to move or talk when they where having a schizophrenic episode. She had to have two men help her walk , it was very sad , she was a very gifted artist.

I have it, and prior to 2003, I didn't have the right medicine combination, but for the last 120+ months, I've been taking the right meds that keeps me quite stable, albeit very powerful meds. Not everyone can take the combination I'm currently taking, as the doses are too strong for most people to handle (my meds at nighttime alone are over 2,000 mg-- enough to knock out most of you for a LONG time).

Mostly professional interpreter know what to do need interpreter for deaf people include cert also plus world interpreter need cert if no cert they can't interpreter for services and mores need for dr and lots mores on appt for deaf people needs..

I have it, and prior to 2003, I didn't have the right medicine combination, but for the last 120+ months, I've been taking the right meds that keeps me quite stable, albeit very powerful meds. Not everyone can take the combination I'm currently taking, as the doses are too strong for most people to handle (my meds at nighttime alone are over 2,000 mg-- enough to knock out most of you for a LONG time).

That's quite a strange thing to brag about. Tourette's and schizophrenia?? Don't lay it on too thick the bs starts to get really stinky.

I'm wondering how much we had to do with the security? It's not our country, not our event. I have no idea how that works, not something I've ever thought about or looked into. Do they just trust that the country the pres is visiting is doing proper security screenings? Or do we get involved? That seems a little pompous and rude.

Last edited:
I watched the video. Appears to me that he's signing "Deaf, letter, arrive, conversation" over and over. O_o
I am only in ASL3 and I can do a better job than that! C'mon, Africa, get with it.

That's quite a strange thing to brag about. Tourette's and schizophrenia?? Don't lay it on too thick the bs starts to get really stinky.

I'm wondering how much we had to do with the security? It's not out country, not event. I have no idea how that works, not something I've ever thought about or looked into. Do they just trust that the country the pres is visiting is doing proper security screenings? Or do we get involved? That seems a little pompous and rude.

What if there was the call, "Is there a doctor in this stadium?" Do you totally trust that the first person to bounce up is a certified doctor? I have the feeling that a LOT of stuff in that country is bogus, for political reasons. The disappearance of the company that begat the bogus interpreter is just the tip of the iceberg, perhaps. Folks, I think this is just the beginning.

I'm wondering how much we had to do with the security? It's not out country, not event. I have no idea how that works, not something I've ever thought about or looked into. Do they just trust that the country the pres is visiting is doing proper security screenings? Or do we get involved? That seems a little pompous and rude.

The winter Olympics is going to be in Russia in 2014 , I hope the Hell we're going to be involved in keeping our teams and reporters safe.

What if there was the call, "Is there a doctor in this stadium?" Do you totally trust that the first person to bounce up is a certified doctor? I have the feeling that a LOT of stuff in that country is bogus, for political reasons. The disappearance of the company that begat the bogus interpreter is just the tip of the iceberg, perhaps. Folks, I think this is just the beginning.

Oh I'm not saying they shouldn't. Just wondering if they do, it would be diplomatic toe stepping, because I have no idea. Like going over to someone's house for thanksgiving and taking over the cooking and telling the house how to stuff or the bird or something. Do we try to respect hosting countries capabilities or do we take over the process? I have no idea.

Personally I don't think the company "disappeared" I doubt if it ever existed, I think the guy lied.

I'm wondering how much we had to do with the security? It's not our country, not our event. I have no idea how that works, not something I've ever thought about or looked into. Do they just trust that the country the pres is visiting is doing proper security screenings? Or do we get involved? That seems a little pompous and rude.

No bragging from me here-- just stating the facts, that's all.

Just so we're clear.... how did he get away with murder and rape? Last night South African police came to pick him up, and he refused to go with them. Well, not for long. They'll FORCE him to go, if they haven't already done so.

Whoa. Murder? Rape? Why isn't he 6 feet under? Or better yet, in a prison so tough he wouldn't survive a day there? The point here is, he shouldn't have anywhere near the US President.

Supposedly he wasn't arrested because he wasn't mentally fit... the schizophrenia was his defense and they couldn't keep him. I think I'd be more concerned or curious about how they take care of people with mental illness in Africa knowing that.... sociopaths? In he US we put them in a facility if they plead mental illness as a defense for forced therapy... not let them loose like it looks they did for him...
Mandela Memorial Sign Interpreter Reportedly Once Accused Of Murder | Roland Martin Reports

There are some forms of schizophrenia which don't respond to any sort of medication whatsoever no matter how high the dose. And other forms of schizophrenia which even if you heavily medicate their baseline is very low, so they can't get better than "their normal." He might also be so "off" because he can't get health care for the medication and therapy.... there's no official health care policy in SA like we have Obamacare and Medicaid. Their answer in Africa is mostly just to institutionalize... and I'm sure the guy put on his charm and kept himself out of an institution because "behaved normal enough"??

Supposedly he wasn't arrested because he wasn't mentally fit... the schizophrenia was his defense and they couldn't keep him. I think I'd be more concerned or curious about how they take care of people with mental illness in Africa knowing that.... sociopaths? In he US we put them in a facility if they plead mental illness as a defense for forced therapy... not let them loose like it looks they did for him...
Mandela Memorial Sign Interpreter Reportedly Once Accused Of Murder | Roland Martin Reports

There are some forms of schizophrenia which don't respond to any sort of medication whatsoever no matter how high the dose. And other forms of schizophrenia which even if you heavily medicate their baseline is very low, so they can't get better than "their normal." He might also be so "off" because he can't get health care for the medication and therapy.... there's no official health care policy in SA like we have Obamacare and Medicaid. Their answer in Africa is mostly just to institutionalize... and I'm sure the guy put on his charm and kept himself out of an institution because "behaved normal enough"??

Well, either way, he shouldn't have been up there, period.

A lot of people don't believe that is what he has and that he's using that as an excuse for defending himself.

The Same Old Oppression

As sad as it is, how wonderful that it was at Mandela's memorial that this occurred? Think about it! Mandela represented FREEDOM FROM OPPRESSION. How ironic that a fake interpreter would be there. This marks the day Deaf become less oppressed! It's a good thing overall!

This blog post explains it:
THE SAME OLD OPPRESSION

Back