Fake Sign Language Interpreter at Nelson Mandela memorial

joey-goes-oh-my-god-o.gif

Is that supposed to be me someday? I certainly hope not.

:shock: Well, I guess you could say that was just a figure of speech...

Actually it was just my practice of social skills...

Carry on. :wave:

Oh, okay. Although truth be told, I've always been likeable, and I have no frigging idea why, but people just cannot stay mad at me for long. Maybe it's my teddy bear personality? No clue.

Turned out he did know some

Attachments

• 988784_627980533926100_1413766719_n.jpg
    988784_627980533926100_1413766719_n.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 18
Holy smoke!

He once faced a murder charge in 2003 and also he committed several serious crimes including rape beforehand.

EXCLUSIVE: Mandela deaf interpreter accused of murder | eNCA

I wonder how he bypassed the security screening that the Secret Services used before he was on stage with Obama Barack.

Damn!

Maybe secret services don't bother to check since Jantjie is not from USA or they thought South-Africa already checked him. :dunno:

I guess when the once-in-ten-lifetimes world is oogle-eyed over us that this would be the optimal time to educate the world of the many facets of deafness that most know nothing about. Hurry and take advantage!! :lol:

Dude, you don't know the half of it! I remember a couple years ago some local college class printed out a thread and distributed it among the students for study. The class was Abnormal Psychology. No kidding. (I forget the name of the thread, though.)

Dude, you don't know the half of it! I remember a couple years ago some local college class printed out a thread and distributed it among the students for study. The class was Abnormal Psychology. No kidding. (I forget the name of the thread, though.)

Good and bad. Good that the deaf world is finally getting exposure, but possibly bad for me? By now, this thread has been seen all over the United States, and maybe, just maybe I get attention? Who knows?

Good and bad. Good that the deaf world is finally getting exposure, but possibly bad for me? By now, this thread has been seen all over the United States, and maybe, just maybe I get attention? Who knows?

I think it was a joke that this thread was shown on the news. If it was actually shown...nobody knows your real name. Only Alex would be thrilled to get the free exposure of his website.

Not one of your threads? :giggle:

I repeat.

Dude, it's not all about you. Don't be so self-centered.

:roll:

I repeat.

Dude, it's not all about you. Don't be so self-centered.

:roll:

I'm not TRYING to be self-centered-- I'm merely wondering what would happen a few months from now, and yes, I know it's not about me-- there are no "me-me's" here. I'm not selfish, but being curious, that's all, now that this thread has made national news. I don't want nor need the attention, mind you. I'm perfectly content leading a daily normal life, thank you.

I'm not TRYING to be self-centered-- I'm merely wondering what would happen a few months from now, and yes, I know it's not about me-- there are no "me-me's" here. I'm not selfish, but being curious, that's all, now that this thread has made national news. I don't want nor need the attention, mind you. I'm perfectly content leading a daily normal life, thank you.
I'm not saying that you're trying to be self-centered; it's your nature. You need to work at trying to be NOT self-centered.

Absolutely no one in the outside world cares what threads you post in. Zero. Trust me.

BTW, for someone who doesn't want personal attention it seems rather strange to me that you would use your real name as part of your screen name. That doesn't seem like seeking anonymity.

How has this thread made national news? I haven't seen it in the local news, newspapers or topic of the internet. I think you're making it bigger than what it really is. This thread is buried among hundreds of discussions out there.

Do you honestly think this thread made national news? If so, this thread wont be the central focus. Just a part of the bigger story.

Maybe not. I know that at least my state chapter of RID is putting forth even more effort to get state licensure of interpreters passed. They and our state NAD put out press releases to that cause and made calls to our state representatives. They are using this scandal to their advantage.

This is giving more of the general public an awareness of interpreting issues.

I think it is good in a way...make the world leaders realize the importance of interpreting.

Back