Facebook

Yep... sadly, people still compete for the most friends, most applications, and most groups.

Seriously, I see people who joined over 100 groups and have over 500 friends.

Come on, you talk to your friends... don't just add them and then ignore them. The same with the groups. Join the group, talk in the group.

TTT :gpost:

I have FB and have friends that I havent talked to in maybe 10 years! I love it. Great fun!

I dont use facebooks however I use hi5.com. hi5.com is pretty much same with facebooks.

I have one to, and everyone is free to add me as a friend, I also have myspace, same reason, some friends I have don't have both. want to add me, then just pm me for my page

20 applications? Too many!

I know some people who have over 50 applications... over 80 applications... even over 100 applications!

It takes me forever to scroll down just to post on their wall. So, I don't bother posting on their wall. If they are forcing me to wait for the page to load and scroll down just so that I can say "hi", then I'm not gonna bother saying anything. :(

tbh, I dont think 20 apps arent too many cuz I have 2 or 3 friends who have more than 50 apps, maybe 100 apps and it took me too long loading page to surfing their profile...

Hey people ! !

Finally, I m back again! lol..

Anyway, I love FB better than others. That is my opinion... FB is more clean than others... I found ALOT old friends there... Glad that Facebook is there on website!

:afro:

M-

you're madness over facebook.

20 applications? Too many!

I know some people who have over 50 applications... over 80 applications... even over 100 applications!

It takes me forever to scroll down just to post on their wall. So, I don't bother posting on their wall. If they are forcing me to wait for the page to load and scroll down just so that I can say "hi", then I'm not gonna bother saying anything. :(

too many applications, too much trouble. ugh, I have to keep click "ignore" over friend's request to me. grrrr - be patience. *click*click*

tbh, I dont think 20 apps arent too many cuz I have 2 or 3 friends who have more than 50 apps, maybe 100 apps and it took me too long loading page to surfing their profile...
If a person had 20 applications and you minimized all of them, it would still take up more than half a page. The Mini-Feed also shows anything that's been done in the applications. However, the updates through the Mini-Feed are usually "bigger".

For instance, if someone becomes friends with me... it will say "Bob has become friends with him." It's small. A tiny icon is used. That's it.

If someone threw a snowball at me using my "Snowball!!" application (if I had this application), it would show up on my Mini-Feed with a huge avatar that takes up 2 to 3 times more than the typical update.

If normal updates were made on a Mini-Feed, it would only take up less than half a page. With at least 20 applications, the Mini-Feed will likely take up more than one page.

The most popular feature is the Wall where people can "shout out" anything. The Wall is like walking in a public place and seeing your friend walk by. I see you walk by, I say... "Hey man! How are you? Long time no see!" Simple, eh?

Having too many applications is like you walking around with a bunch of boxes and bags. I see a person walking by with so much stuff that I don't immediately recognize you. So, I walk by and don't say anything to you.

Having too many applications is like the front yard of your house. You have one application... like the simple "Welcome" mat at your front door. I stop by your house and pay you a visit. You have too many applications... like lawn ornaments, huge plants and flowers surrounding your front door, Christmas decorations (Yep, some people still have Christmas applications in their profile even when Christmas is over.), etc... making your house seem very unwelcome. Do I feel like walking through all of that junk just so that I can stop by and say, "Hi"?

So, having too many applications makes me have to scroll down a lot just so that I can post on your wall. If you want me to say something to you, then allow me to say it quickly as soon as I visit your profile. Don't make me move the cursor to the right, scroll down... and scroll down some more... and scroll down some more... while I'm getting a headache seeing all of those applications shoved in my face... *groans* Never mind, I give up. *closes window* Gee... no post on your Wall from me! :(

too many applications, too much trouble. ugh, I have to keep click "ignore" over friend's request to me. grrrr - be patience. *click*click*
Those requests are usually from the same program. If you get an application request, block it. You won't get that request again. I had that problem... 2 or 3 times a day. Now, it's almost never. ;)

I had facebook for a year, but deleted it after an experience with a stalker. While, I lost contact with many people, I prefer to be in touch with those who also make an effort to remain in touch with me. Acquaintances come and go and I don't have energy to hold on to them when the paths clearly have diverged.

Jaden

I got too many emails from friends to urge me to join facebook several weeks ago. Very awkward for me how can I operate with this new site. I have been on the computer all the day yesterday to figure out how can I connect with those people who request friends with me.

However, I found alot of my old friends from college, work and classmate. I like Facebook better than myspace. It was fun to searching around other friend's lists and found them. :)

I had facebook for a year, but deleted it after an experience with a stalker. While, I lost contact with many people, I prefer to be in touch with those who also make an effort to remain in touch with me. Acquaintances come and go and I don't have energy to hold on to them when the paths clearly have diverged.

Jaden
How did that stalker bother you? You can simply make your profile private.

I joined Facebook on Friday night. Currently, I have 35 friends from my K-12 years, my college, and from work. Please pm me for my last name.

Hi SJCSUE

check your e.mail

Yep... sadly, people still compete for the most friends, most applications, and most groups.

Seriously, I see people who joined over 100 groups and have over 500 friends.

Come on, you talk to your friends... don't just add them and then ignore them. The same with the groups. Join the group, talk in the group.

I agree..I feel silly that I have all these friends on my facebook list and I dont talk to them. Oh well.

I use Myspace more but lately, I havent been using it much.

FB is the best! I like how it is clean and how you have more control on who view your profile and certain little things that you could control. I just love having FB! It also has helped me to get in touch with my relatives that I've not really speak much to, but now am speaking to more because of FB!

Sure, I have an account for myspace, but its purpose is to allow me to access some of people that I know's profile. Pfftt! Not too crazy about myspace.

As for applications on FB, there is a way to shorten all that applications, but who needs a load of applications? Ack! Good point Vampy, I'm pretty much the same. I try to keep my appliciation as easy as possible. :D

I have both facebook and myspace. I don't really prefer any of them over the other honestly. I find that old friends and some family members find me on facebook which is really great! I find it more convenient to keep in touch through facebook for the fact that I get emails letting me know what is new.

Back