Explain this thought process, please.

How exactly is it a bad deal for the country long term? Lack of medical care is a bad deal for the country long term. You are going to have to be more specific.

Cost

Which "people?" All people? Do you include yourself?

If I had meant all people, I would have said all people. The people of whom I am speaking are the majority. However, all people use heuristics in their thinking. But I am limiting this discussion to those which are used in making voting decisions.

Nobody seems to mind our bloated military budget which takes over half our money. Cut that in half and we will be fine.

Too much....for a loooong time

Evidently, you are having difficulty giving a rationale for your train of thought, as well as difficulty understanding the question. "In what frame" isn't limited to time. It's okay. Don't want you to get all upset trying to explain a rationale that you have never before taken time to consider. I'll stop asking you to explain.

If I had meant all people, I would have said all people. The people of whom I am speaking are the majority.
Do you have a low opinion of American voters?

Are the majority always wrong thinking?

Do you ever vote with the majority?

Were the majority wrong to vote for Obama?

However, all people use heuristics in their thinking. But I am limiting this discussion to those which are used in making voting decisions.
Does that include all voters?

Nobody seems to mind our bloated military budget which takes over half our money. Cut that in half and we will be fine.
I'm all for cutting out the waste, fraud, and abuse that goes on in the military. I'm not for depriving our military of things that they need.

Do you have a low opinion of American voters?

Are the majority always wrong thinking?

Do you ever vote with the majority?

Were the majority wrong to vote for Obama?

Does that include all voters?

Doesn't have anything to do with "low opinion." I have, in no way, placed a value judgement on anything. Nor does it have anything to do with "wrong thinking". That again is a value judgement, and I have not placed a value judgement in any form on any of this discussion. The majority are just what they are. The majority. And simply because the majority does something is no indication that they actually have a rationale for what they do.

I have already stated that if I meant "all" I would say "all".

However, I have yet to see more than a couple posts that sufficiently explain the rationale behind their political decisions or more than a couple that are even willing to examine, in depth, their decision making process. That, in an of itself, supports what I have stated.

I'm all for cutting out the waste, fraud, and abuse that goes on in the military. I'm not for depriving our military of things that they need.

And how exactly do you think that should be accomplished? And what would be the end effects?

And how exactly do you think that should be accomplished? And what would be the end effects?
Better tracking of inventories, cutting out bureaucratic layers, more care in handing out contracts, hammering those who commit fraud with harsher penalties, for starters. Tighter enlistment requirements would cut down on time and money wasted on people who will never make it to the field.

The end effects would be less taxpayer money wasted and more efficiency.

Better tracking of inventories, cutting out bureaucratic layers, more care in handing out contracts, hammering those who commit fraud with harsher penalties, for starters. Tighter enlistment requirements would cut down on time and money wasted on people who will never make it to the field.

The end effects would be less taxpayer money wasted and more efficiency.

Okay. Now, within our current system, how would you begin to institute these things?

Evidently, you are having difficulty giving a rationale for your train of thought, as well as difficulty understanding the question. "In what frame" isn't limited to time. It's okay. Don't want you to get all upset trying to explain a rationale that you have never before taken time to consider. I'll stop asking you to explain.

Explained in many of the Health Care threads.......But that is moot now

Conservatives Won!

At least enough to stop the funding for this bill. Hopefully 2012 will bring it's demise :)

Okay. Now, within our current system, how would you begin to institute these things?
Are you asking me for exact form numbers and department titles? Why?

Are you asking me for exact form numbers and department titles? Why?

I am asking you how you would begin to institute the changes you have recommended under our current system. Why? To see if the logic behind your proposed changes would actually be able to be implemented under our current system. Again, looking for rationale. It is all to easy to suggest changes that you believe would correct the ills. It is much more difficult to come up with ways to insitute said easy suggestions working within the system that must be worked within. If it can't be done feasibly, then it is useless to suggest it, or to make a decision based on it. And, if you don't understand how these things can and cannot be accomplished under our current system, you are not capable of judging whether the politician for whom you voted is proposing a viable plan. (The you is generic, so don't take it personally).

Explained in many of the Health Care threads.......But that is moot now

Conservatives Won!

At least enough to stop the funding for this bill. Hopefully 2012 will bring it's demise :)

More of the same. Still no rationale. Nothing but emotional response. Not a very stable thing to stake your future, and the future of your children, on.

Wirelessly posted

Am I the only one who doesn't consider Republicans as conservatives, nor Democrats as liberals?

Wirelessly posted

Because it seems to me if people don't have sworn die-hard party loyalty, politicians could jump ships without anyone noticing.

Last edited:
Back