Evolution vs. Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you believe in evolution or creation?

For me, I believe in evolution.

Moderator: We're here today to debate the hot new topic, evolution versus Intelligent Des---

(Scientist pulls out baseball bat.)

Moderator: Hey, what are you doing?

(Scientist breaks Intelligent Design advocate's kneecap.)

Intelligent Design advocate: YEAAARRRRGGGHHHH! YOU BROKE MY KNEECAP!

Scientist: Perhaps it only appears that I broke your kneecap. Certainly, all the evidence points to the hypothesis I broke your kneecap. For example, your kneecap is broken; it appears to be a fresh wound; and I am holding a baseball bat, which is spattered with your blood. However, a mere preponderance of evidence doesn't mean anything. Perhaps your kneecap was designed that way. Certainly, there are some features of the current situation that are inexplicable according to the "naturalistic" explanation you have just advanced, such as the exact contours of the excruciating pain that you are experiencing right now.

Intelligent Design advocate: AAAAH! THE PAIN!

Scientist: Frankly, I personally find it completely implausible that the random actions of a scientist such as myself could cause pain of this particular kind. I have no precise explanation for why I find this hypothesis implausible --- it just is. Your knee must have been designed that way!

Intelligent Design advocate: YOU BASTARD! YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!

Scientist: I surely do not. How can we know anything for certain? Frankly, I think we should expose people to all points of view. Furthermore, you should really re-examine whether your hypothesis is scientific at all: the breaking of your kneecap happened in the past, so we can't rewind and run it over again, like a laboratory experiment. Even if we could, it wouldn't prove that I broke your kneecap the previous time. Plus, let's not even get into the fact that the entire universe might have just popped into existence right before I said this sentence, with all the evidence of my alleged kneecap-breaking already pre-formed.

Intelligent Design advocate: That's a load of bullshit sophistry! Get me a doctor and a lawyer, not necessarily in that order, and we'll see how that plays in court!

Scientist (turning to audience): And so we see, ladies and gentlemen, when push comes to shove, advocates of Intelligent Design do not actually believe any of the arguments that they profess to believe. When it comes to matters that hit home, they prefer evidence, the scientific method, testable hypotheses, and naturalistic explanations. In fact, they strongly privilege naturalistic explanations over supernatural hocus-pocus or metaphysical wankery. It is only within the reality-distortion field of their ideological crusade that they give credence to the flimsy, ridiculous arguments which we so commonly see on display. I must confess, it kind of felt good, for once, to be the one spouting free-form bullshit; it's so terribly easy and relaxing, compared to marshaling rigorous arguments backed up by empirical evidence. But I fear that if I were to continue, then it would be habit-forming, and bad for my soul. Therefore, I bid you adieu.

I believe both creation and evolution in sametime. How can all christians figure where black skin, slaunt eye, flatbroad nose, white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes came from?? are those came from evolution or what? mmm...

Most christians have NO IDEA how those cause from..

I would suggest you to add poll in your thread...

I will be back with further post here later.

Evolution probably. As my belief with Buddhism, we believe that we evolutioned from a very very very small living thing that are living right now, which can be seen by a telescope. As conitnuing evolution, it don't stop. The more evolution it goes, it goes slower than the tiny living thing.

Every living things are around the earth do have soul, Buddhism believes. We are all create ourselves, even the earth, throughoutly natural. As water appeared on the earth, and sun blow the heat to earth, the living things came out, and continuing evoluting till as human as we are right now.

And then our enlightment evolutioned by us, and we became stronger than the natural, earth, sun, space, everything and create a beliefs. Now we can figure where will our souls go after the life. We are stuck in the cycles (Wheel of Life) and figure how to get out of it. We could be successfully reached our faith.

Speaking of Buddhism's science. That's why I like Buddhism, it is more focus on the reality than the fairy tales.

I believe both creation and evolution in sametime. How can all christians figure where black skin, slaunt eye, flatbroad nose, white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes came from?? are those came from evolution or what? mmm...

Most christians have NO IDEA how those cause from..

They have no idea because christians are not scientists.

And the answer to your questions concerning the various features of our face, etc: natural selection

A nice little video (but dumbed down) to explain what natural selection is.
(no need for audio or cc)
YouTube - Why Intelligent Design is wrong

***looks around the room and whispers***
ID (intelligent Design)

The scientist story was so absurd I found it hard to read.
There was a witness.
Any willful action is not a random event.
The scientist admits to having a soul.
If fact, the Scientist argued for 'Cause and Effect' and that an intelligent individual was the first cause.
How ironic that a scientist just argued for Intelligent Design.

How can all christians figure where black skin, slaunt eye, flatbroad nose, white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes came from?? are those came from evolution or what? - XBGMER

Changes within a species are very common. They occur all the time, a Christian who tries to refute such a claim has not done enough research.
However, this is a mixing of already existent genes. It is the sudden creation of a new gene which is the issue.

Evolution is propagated by mutations. Natural Selection propagating evolution would require that these mutations occur on purpose, however, mutations are completely random.

I have a few questions of my own:
How probable is bioneogenesis? (creating life from non life)
What is one example of a beneficial mutation?
What was the cause of the Big Bang?

Evolution.

And I LOVED the analogy story, xentar! Top notch!

I believe in the creation is from God. But as evolution theories and creationism theories both all in the mixed. Someway creationism theories I dont agree, but in evolution who doesn't believe in God and claiming its been creating without God is way off which I strongly disagree. But do believe there is dinosaurs and stuff, but as their claiming like 1 billion years or etc, I don't agree, that is there assumption, not a fact. It's been changing sooo many times. And is it that important? No. But good to study those, but trying to putting God aside, which is not appropriate and using God as a "religion" as a human made up, which is not so. And also, as I read, soooo many wrong idea about christianity and thinking not "experience" is way off, which is not true at all. Doesn't matter if you grew up in christian society, but lack of knowledge and the meaning of christianity what I see in here.

Moderator: We're here today to debate the hot new topic, evolution versus Intelligent Des---

(Scientist pulls out baseball bat.)

Moderator: Hey, what are you doing?

(Scientist breaks Intelligent Design advocate's kneecap.)

Intelligent Design advocate: YEAAARRRRGGGHHHH! YOU BROKE MY KNEECAP!

Scientist: Perhaps it only appears that I broke your kneecap. Certainly, all the evidence points to the hypothesis I broke your kneecap. For example, your kneecap is broken; it appears to be a fresh wound; and I am holding a baseball bat, which is spattered with your blood. However, a mere preponderance of evidence doesn't mean anything. Perhaps your kneecap was designed that way. Certainly, there are some features of the current situation that are inexplicable according to the "naturalistic" explanation you have just advanced, such as the exact contours of the excruciating pain that you are experiencing right now.

Intelligent Design advocate: AAAAH! THE PAIN!

Scientist: Frankly, I personally find it completely implausible that the random actions of a scientist such as myself could cause pain of this particular kind. I have no precise explanation for why I find this hypothesis implausible --- it just is. Your knee must have been designed that way!

Intelligent Design advocate: YOU BASTARD! YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!

Scientist: I surely do not. How can we know anything for certain? Frankly, I think we should expose people to all points of view. Furthermore, you should really re-examine whether your hypothesis is scientific at all: the breaking of your kneecap happened in the past, so we can't rewind and run it over again, like a laboratory experiment. Even if we could, it wouldn't prove that I broke your kneecap the previous time. Plus, let's not even get into the fact that the entire universe might have just popped into existence right before I said this sentence, with all the evidence of my alleged kneecap-breaking already pre-formed.

Intelligent Design advocate: That's a load of bullshit sophistry! Get me a doctor and a lawyer, not necessarily in that order, and we'll see how that plays in court!

Scientist (turning to audience): And so we see, ladies and gentlemen, when push comes to shove, advocates of Intelligent Design do not actually believe any of the arguments that they profess to believe. When it comes to matters that hit home, they prefer evidence, the scientific method, testable hypotheses, and naturalistic explanations. In fact, they strongly privilege naturalistic explanations over supernatural hocus-pocus or metaphysical wankery. It is only within the reality-distortion field of their ideological crusade that they give credence to the flimsy, ridiculous arguments which we so commonly see on display. I must confess, it kind of felt good, for once, to be the one spouting free-form bullshit; it's so terribly easy and relaxing, compared to marshaling rigorous arguments backed up by empirical evidence. But I fear that if I were to continue, then it would be habit-forming, and bad for my soul. Therefore, I bid you adieu.
QFT [Quoted For Truth]. And the 'Greatest post of this millennium' award goes to xentar.

'metaphysical wankery' is the perfect summary of repeatedly debunked theory of creationism.

I don't agree, it is not the truth. That is timidating comments and misusing christians POV.

I don't agree, it is not the truth. That is timidating comments and misusing christians POV.
So was Evolutionists' POVs. It was misinterpreted, misused, twisted, intentionally misunderstood, and so on by the creationism advocates.

Have you seen any thread how christian quoting as of evolution comments? Like what xentar using, is not how christian saying. There are christian include myself believe there is dinosaurs, but only disagreement is how many years ago, and also, we believe the world is round. We know what evolution teaches, but misusing and misquoting from christians as more like out of mock or anger or something which isn't appropriate way of using those comments where putting make up comments where christian does not say those thing.

Maybe evolution and creationism are both right... you know why?

Ever see Stargate SG-1? The territorial, scavenging aliens created human race to be slaves, and they demanded to be worshipped like gods. A real person like Zecharia Sitchin wrote such allegations of this that you can read about in his books. The humans adapted to climates, established civilization based on need and communication, etc etc. Obviously, there was some natural selection based on need, skill and genes that gave earlier ancestors an advantage in their environments.

I believe in the creation is from God. But as evolution theories and creationism theories both all in the mixed. Someway creationism theories I dont agree, but in evolution who doesn't believe in God and claiming its been creating without God is way off which I strongly disagree. But do believe there is dinosaurs and stuff, but as their claiming like 1 billion years or etc, I don't agree, that is there assumption, not a fact. It's been changing sooo many times. And is it that important? No. But good to study those, but trying to putting God aside, which is not appropriate and using God as a "religion" as a human made up, which is not so. And also, as I read, soooo many wrong idea about christianity and thinking not "experience" is way off, which is not true at all. Doesn't matter if you grew up in christian society, but lack of knowledge and the meaning of christianity what I see in here.

Evolution does not exist to disprove god. By your post above, you have demonstrated a classic mistake many people make. You may think you know what evolution is, but in reality you don't.

Evolution is a scientific theory. It explains the diversity of life on earth and is falsifiable. This is why in your eyes it seems to be "always changing sooo many times, etc". It is important to realize that this description is a model. Every such model is subject to change. That is how science works. The mechanical model of the cosmos developed by Isaac Newton was accepted as "reality" until Einstein blew it out of the water with a more comprehensive model. Was Newton's model "wrong" then? No! It's a good model. It is just limited, like all models must be.

Remember, creationism is a belief. It has no scientific evidence (THERE ARE NO PEER REVIEW PAPERS ON CREATIONISM in the scientific literature).

This is why godless science has delivered you the technological miracles of the first world which you ungratefully live in, while creationist have achieved exactly NOTHING in the last 2k years.

Questions :

Where did life come from ?

Where did the informations in cells come from ?

Evolution does not exist to disprove god. By your post above, you have demonstrated a classic mistake many people make. You may think you know what evolution is, but in reality you don't.

Evolution is a scientific theory. It explains the diversity of life on earth and is falsifiable. This is why in your eyes it seems to be "always changing sooo many times, etc". It is important to realize that this description is a model. Every such model is subject to change. That is how science works. The mechanical model of the cosmos developed by Isaac Newton was accepted as "reality" until Einstein blew it out of the water with a more comprehensive model. Was Newton's model "wrong" then? No! It's a good model. It is just limited, like all models must be.

Remember, creationism is a belief. It has no scientific evidence (THERE ARE NO PEER REVIEW PAPERS ON CREATIONISM in the scientific literature).

This is why godless science has delivered you the technological miracles of the first world which you ungratefully live in, while creationist have achieved exactly NOTHING in the last 2k years.
Let me get this clearer, there are different teaching of evolution and I know about evolution theories, all are not the same. There are some that doesn't believe there is God. In someway about creationism also has a different groups just as evolution. Like I said, if evolution put God aside or claiming their is no God, that is where I disagree. Do you think christians doesnt involve science and etc? There are christians involve and even christians doesn't agree everything about how creationism believes either. Another thing, I know you "think" or claim to "know so" bec I am a christian, which relate I don't know anything. That is very common bickering that has been doing throughout the thread. Not just you, others as well as some of them are commenting about " christians lack of understanding".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back