Evolution vs. Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a pretty poor example of Darwinian Human evolution from a scientific perspective, because:
So you're now moving away from evolution into human evolution? In your post, you explicitly stated that evolution is science fiction. Are you referring to all type of evolution or human evolution?

1. A virus is not human life or the evolution of; a virus such as influenza is just merely an infectious disease.
Of course a virus is not a human life, that's not the point here. I'm not sure why you're trying to twist things around. As I already mentioned you just simply stated "evolution is science fiction". If you're talking about humans then you need to make yourself clear. You need to understand evolution applies to everything, not just human.

2. There are only 3 types of Influenza, a, b, and c and they are not mutations of one another they are variants of the same virus, orthomyxoviridae. Furthermore, even different subtypes of influenza, which do exist, are not mutations their technically serotypes, which is something much different then a mutation.
Can you cite your source? I'd like to verify this myself.

Influenza B virus is almost exclusively a human pathogen, and is less common than influenza A. This type of influenza mutates at a rate 2–3 times lower than type A[01] and consequently is less genetically diverse, with only one influenza B serotype.[02] As a result of this lack of antigenic diversity, a degree of immunity to influenza B is usually acquired at an early age. However, influenza B mutates enough that lasting immunity is not possible.[03]

[01] Nobusawa, E; Sato K (Apr 2006). "Comparison of the mutation rates of human influenza A and B viruses". J Virol 80 (7): 3675–8. PMID 16537638.

[02] Hay, A; Gregory V, Douglas A, Lin Y (Dec 29 2001). "The evolution of human influenza viruses" (PDF). Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 356 (1416): 1861–70. PMID 11779385.

[03] R, Webster; Bean W, Gorman O, Chambers T, Kawaoka Y (1992). "Evolution and ecology of influenza A viruses.". Microbiol Rev 56 (1): 152–79. PMID 1579108.

3. Darwinian human evolution is not based on mutations of viruses it’s based on a common ancestry; for example, humans being descendants of primates or some type of primate species.
No of course not, simply because I wasn't talking about human evolution in the first place. You're not fooling anyone here.

So you're now moving away from evolution into human evolution? In your post, you explicitly stated that evolution is science fiction. Are you referring to all type of evolution or human evolution?

Of course a virus is not a human life, that's not the point here. I'm not sure why you're trying to twist things around. As I already mentioned you just simply stated "evolution is science fiction". If you're talking about humans then you need to make yourself clear. You need to understand evolution applies to everything, not just human.

Can you cite your source? I'd like to verify this myself.

Influenza B virus is almost exclusively a human pathogen, and is less common than influenza A. This type of influenza mutates at a rate 2–3 times lower than type A[01] and consequently is less genetically diverse, with only one influenza B serotype.[02] As a result of this lack of antigenic diversity, a degree of immunity to influenza B is usually acquired at an early age. However, influenza B mutates enough that lasting immunity is not possible.[03]

[01] Nobusawa, E; Sato K (Apr 2006). "Comparison of the mutation rates of human influenza A and B viruses". J Virol 80 (7): 3675–8. PMID 16537638.

[02] Hay, A; Gregory V, Douglas A, Lin Y (Dec 29 2001). "The evolution of human influenza viruses" (PDF). Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 356 (1416): 1861–70. PMID 11779385.

[03] R, Webster; Bean W, Gorman O, Chambers T, Kawaoka Y (1992). "Evolution and ecology of influenza A viruses.". Microbiol Rev 56 (1): 152–79. PMID 1579108.

No of course not, simply because I wasn't talking about human evolution in the first place. You're not fooling anyone here.

Everything I stated about influenza is on the site you originally gave me,

see: Influenza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Evolution" is a very broad term that can refer to any kind of evolution: chemical, human, stellar,etc.. so me specifying "human" is not deception, as you have implied it is.

see: evolution - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Everything I stated about influenza is on the site you originally gave me, my source is your source.
If your source is wikipedia then what you wrote is contradictory. Your source does not agree with you.

If you think I failed in this analysis, please point out specifically where in the wiki document, supports what you wrote.

"Evolution" is a broader term that can refer to any kind of evolution: chemical, human, stellar,etc.. I was just merely specifying, so there was no confusion, when I said human evolution. It is humans we are talking about after all is it not?
I'm aware that evolution is a broad term. But I was talking about Influenza. Why you jumped into the evolution of human and how I supposedly failed to support darwinism's theory on human evolution concerning a virus has nothing to do with... influenza, where I talked about mutations how the virus evolves.

Let's break it down again.
Evolution is science fiction not scientific fact.
You made a sweeping generalization that evolution is science fiction.
I came in with my post on Influenza to illustrate a simple concept of evolution.
Anything on the evolution of human falls outside the scope of my original post.
Which brings back the original question, what does influenza have to do with "Darwinian human evolution"?
Absolutely nothing.

And I like to add that I don't believe in electrons, quarks or black holes because I have not seen them with my own eyes.

/sarcasm

I can show you a black hole if the price is right. :naughty:

ahhhhh universe!

It is temendously large. While the outer limits have not been measured, it is estimated to be as much as 20 billion light years in diameter (at speed of 186 miles per second). there are an estimate one billion galaxies in the universe and an estimate 25 sextillion stars. The Milky Way in which we live contains over 100 billion stars and is so large that even traveling at speed of light would require 100,000 years to cross its diameter. Light travels in one year approximately 5.87 x 10,000,000,000,000 miles; in 100,000 years that would be 5.87 x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles or 587 guadrillion miles to get across the diameter of a single galaxy. If we drew a map of the Milky Way galaxy, and represented the earth and sun as two dots one inch apart (thus a scale of one inch equals 93 million miles, the distance between sun and earth), we would need a map at least four miles wide to locate the next nearest star, and map 25,000 miles wide to reach the center of our galaxy. without doubt this is a rather impressive universe!

:bowdown: This is what I like hearing about. Just thinking about how big this universe is is mind-blowing. It's a number we cannot even begin to begin to comprehend.

:bowdown: This is what I like hearing about. Just thinking about how big this universe is is mind-blowing. It's a number we cannot even begin to begin to comprehend.

You know, which reminds me... I think when it comes to billions of anything (years, lightyears, parsecs, bacteria, atoms), a lot of people are not going to understand it and think that any theories relating to it are utterly crazy and baseless.

To quote the chick on House, "it's like trying to teach the theory or relativity to a sheep."

I guess I am going to off point away from "Who create God", I am going to ask more tougher question that makes me feel discomfortable with the faith:

Who create the void before the God?

This question always give me headaches somehow.

I guess I am going to off point away from "Who create God", I am going to ask more tougher question that makes me feel discomfortable with the faith:

Well, do you and anybody got an answer to this age old
question? A BIG NOPE!! so give it up!
We will never, never, never, ever know the answer, probably
not till we die, uh, im not gonna say so not to piss off the
naysayers, heh.

Well, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. So who created energy?

Well, energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. So who created energy?

Isn't the question kind of contradicting itself?

For one to say energy cannot be created, and then ask the question who created energy is ..well.. kinda of an oxymoron.

God is Energy. God is LIGHT. Thus produces His Word to bring out livin' things through His Mouth as He speaks.

God is Energy. God is LIGHT. Thus produces His Word to bring out livin' things through His Mouth as He speaks.

Could you show me the bible passage where it says "God is Energy"?

I'm REALLY curious to where you found that.

Isn't the question kind of contradicting itself?

For one to say energy cannot be created, and then ask the question who created energy is ..well.. kinda of an oxymoron.

That was actually my point. It is a self-defeating question.

That was actually my point. It is a self-defeating question.

I actually responded because you left it open with a question, and I wanted to make sure other knew it was a rhetorical question. Didn't want them saying "Well, God, duh!"

"self-defeating question" I like that phrase better. I was trying to come up with a proper usage but couldn't think of one. I'll have to remember that next time. :D

Creationism is a fairy tale for the weak minded cultist followers, imo.

Not so fast. It is possible that energy can be created or destroyed thanks to the weird science of quantum mechanics.

"It is all around you, yet you cannot feel it. Its effects may have lit up the Universe in the big bang but today just lights up your office. It is the source of everything, yet is nothing. Such are the paradoxical features of one of the hottest topics in contemporary physics - the vacuum. It is proving to be a wonderland of magical effects: force fields that emerge from nowhere, particles popping in and out of existence and energetic jitterings with no apparent power source."

Energy from nowhere!

Uh, that site is biased toward creationism and tries to proves the existence of God.

Click on the 'back' button at the bottom and you'll see topics ranging from:
A Scientist's Thoughts about Redefining our Concept of God
Dark Matter And God Particle Within Reach
Reality and Consciousness (From Science to God)
Opening Science to Spiritual Realities
Scientific Proof of the Existence of God

And so on. Each of the article tries to subtly put creationism into the articles or pull articles from another website that supports God.

Not so fast. It is possible that energy can be created or destroyed thanks to the weird science of quantum mechanics.

"It is all around you, yet you cannot feel it. Its effects may have lit up the Universe in the big bang but today just lights up your office. It is the source of everything, yet is nothing. Such are the paradoxical features of one of the hottest topics in contemporary physics - the vacuum. It is proving to be a wonderland of magical effects: force fields that emerge from nowhere, particles popping in and out of existence and energetic jitterings with no apparent power source."

Energy from nowhere!

And, no one can destroy gravity. The only way to turn off the gravity is swim in the swimming pool or do crazy stuff in the plane or on the roller coaster for a few seconds and also go in the outer space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back