Ever have a 'goth phase'?

This is how i dress when my parents are not around because if i dress like this around them i get disowned.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 33
I don't know if I ever had a goth moment. There was a time when I often wore black clothes, but it was because those clothes happened to be there. For instance, my uncle gave me his old leather jacket. It was black. I used to like the LA Raiders football team. Their clothes and hats are black. My mom always preferred black pants. She got me black jeans instead. I applied for a job once while wearing black shoes, black jeans, black LA Raiders T-shirt, black leather jacket, and black LA Raiders cap. At first, people thought I was goth... I just happened to be wearing those clothes that day.

Today, I prefer black because it goes with anything and doesn't get dirty easily. If I had tan pants, a red shirt wouldn't look good with it. If I had a green shirt, a navy blue vest wouldn't look good with it. But, black looks good with anything. Oh, white does too... but it gets dirty too easily... especially with grease from pizzas and wings. :(

:rockon:
I never really went through a "goth phase" or anything. I am more on chameleon mode permanently, I enjoy dressing (more or less) like those around me. If my good friends wore purple all the time, I'd try to wear that color a lot. Because gothgirl and I are friends and spend a lot of time together, I wear black a lot. (I also like it cause it is hard to stain.) But I do like some goth music, and I likey the style a whole lot, I'd much rather live at the Munster's or the Addams' than with all the people from Mayberry or on Wisteria Ln.

My parents got over it, my dad even likes the lip ring now

My parents are so strict when it comes to it though. I work for my parents and there is a goth guy who works for them (one of my good friends) ad they have no problem with the way he dresses for work but I got sent home from work because i looked like that picture minus the lipstick. now the guy who workds there looked even worse. I was quite angry. but yeah my parents told me if i continued to dress like that I will get kicked out and disowned forever.

i used to be a gothic and still have pic of me being gothic. (i refuse to dye my hair black but otherwise everything else i defnitely will do heh) now... i m more of casaul gothic and SOMETIME weekend warrior when i have money to go somewhere. (getting pretty rare now) reason for that is cuz i do not want to be a bad model role to children and also there are people that i sometime visits that arent so flexible. i simply do not have enough energy to deal with their shyt so i simply keep the way i wear for right places such as clubs or at home.

btw if u want to know what i look like you may go to www.myspace.com/sweetspice06 ...that one is my favorite pic when i was wearing gothic clothes full time and listening to gothic rock etc.

Reba - wow.... you look COMPLETELY different from each picture. My entire youth - i look exactly the same.... until I hit end of teenager. I finally broke out of that baby face look!

It went from :giggle: to :mad2:

and to answer your question, OP - nope I've never had any goth phase. I was pretty consistent throughout my youth with similar clothing style - simple jeans and shirt (and also Al Borland Flannel shirt :lol:). My life was basically like The Wonder Years, I think - busy riding bike around the neighborhood, playing hockey on street, etc.

Reba - wow.... you look COMPLETELY different from each picture. My entire youth - i look exactly the same.... until I hit end of teenager. I finally broke out of that baby face look!

It went from :giggle: to :mad2:
Yes, I went thru many hairstyles and phases. :lol:

Early 80's I was a street punk, listened to bands like Black Flag, Stiff Little Fingers...hung out in underground clubs, lived in band houses. Had a mohawk (hair is already naturally black), had piercings before they were in and cool, wore lots of black with my old leather jacket. Yup, wild and crazy teen age years. We never called it Goth back then, it was more dark grunge before grunge became coined and labelled. Still go see the bands, still fit into the black mini skirt, but my hair is long and I wear less makeup. I usually just dress up like this to go see old punk bands, run into a bunch of other old fogies there and laugh about the old days. Day to day now I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal (just not all black anymore).

:giggle: Oh No, I was never goth when I was a teenager.... I was achually afraid of them!

I'm was far from being Goth... I was quite the oppoiste, I was preppy/Skater girl. I wore a lot of pink colors... and I was quite cheerful. lol :D

As for now... I'm not afraid of goth people.... and I'm still not a goth person, never was and never will be. I quite like colorful colors. :D

I used to be 'goth' but it was more 'emo' than goth really as I had an emo haircut, dyed my hair jet black with hot pink tips, since I was already pretty pasty in the skin department, but instead of skintight jeans I wore the big jeans to hide my bones. (this was when I was at my lowest weight of around 105 pounds on a 5 foot 4inch frame.) In the wintertime I would wear a black peacoat all the time with black gloves with the fingers cut out with black nail polish. My scarf was a deep red color, and I wore a misfits beanie with a skull on it (I still have the beanie, but not sure what happened to the scarf and peacoat as they were incredibly warm for a stick thin person!)

I don't have any pictures from that stage I don't think but I know I was very depressed and I too had a shitload of stuff on my plate for a 18 year old. Little did I know I'd go from goth to momma wearing maternity clothes in about a year. :shock:

I am into Emo and goth clothing. I love skulls and cross bones, flames black widow. My bowling bag has flames with skulls and cross bones, my bowling shoes is all black with spider web on the sides with black widow. It glows with black light.

I have skull jackets, shirts, bandannas, my nike shoes is bright green, black and white with black widow on it. My hair right now is deep chocolate cherry. I am dying it plum/black in a few weeks. I am getting a hair cut where the from of my hair is long and the back is shaved with some spikes.

I am working on getting black nail polish. But I do wear some regular clothes when I dress up and all. I love punk/emo things. I am not afraid to color my hair or anything like that.

Lets say I hid my likings of goth/skull things for years when I met my hubby. Just this year I broke out of my shell cuz he pushed me to the point I just don't care.

I am into peircings on lip and tongue as well as the ears. I am working on getting criss cross industrial peircings. I love tattoos too. I need to take pics of me.

Just so yall know I dyed my hair. It is not midnight ruby color. I love it. I look better with darker hair. I might get another color with it for my friends wedding coming up. Not sure what color. But I need to take a picture of me though.

I only dressed up as a goth once for Halloween social night at Deaf school when I was a teenager. :)

Hehe, maybe that's why I became a terp. I get to wear lots of black! ;)

More black; my "yoga" phase (I think I was 18 then):

I cannot believe you went through those phases!

I was expecting you to be raised a clean cut conservative lady!

I went through a "skater" phase. Decided it's not for me.

I did study religion and occult. Was fascinated with them.

I never went thru any of those phrases. I just went in a boring phrase. :lol:

That makes it seem like goth is a phase just like the teenage phase to hate your parents. I dont feel like that is the right thing to call goth. Goth is a lifestyle. When you decide or life decides for you that you can no longer dress the part you become

1) A Weekend Warrior: A person who dresses norm 9-5 M-F, but paints their nails black and gets gritty and goth on Friday and takes it all off on Sunday Night.

2) A Casual Goth: Still listens to the music but dresses like a norm.

To say it is a phase can in some goth circles be a huge insult. A bigger insult to those who are 40-45 and still goth.

<Raises hand> I am #1. I work at a school so I dress like a good mom at work and then at night the corsets come out!

Back