Ever have a 'goth phase'?

My ex hubby gave me hell about a month ago about this issue.

I will go to the beginning...

My 12 year old daughter started liking those pink skulls last year and has been begging to wear T-shirts with them on it. My ex hubby paged me last year telling me that she isnt permitted to wear anything that has skulls on them. I didnt think too much of it. Come Christmas, my in laws got her a nice hooded zippered sweatshirt with those pink skulls all over it. It was cute and she loved it. So she returned to her dad's with it and he paged me giving me hell about it. He ordered her to throw it away. I was shocked...really pissed me off but it was a battle I wasnt going to engage with him. So, I told my daughter if she gets any of those clothes, leave them at my house.

Then, in Feb, she told me she was tired of her pink walls in her bedroom so I asked her what color she wanted her room painted. She said black because she is a huge fan of "Twighlight" andI was like no no..that's too extreme but I was willing to come up with ideas.Then about 2 months ago, I went to my friend's new house in PA. She showed me all of the rooms and one of them was her 9 year old daughter's room. The walls were pink with black window curtains and posters of "Twighlight". Her bed covers were white with black long stemmed roses. It looked so awesome. I paged her (she was with her dad) and told her that I knew how to make her room more Goth-like. I dont know why I picked that word..I didnt know what other word to use. My ex hubby apparently read it and flipped out about it. He said that I was leading her down a destructive path and that these people are outcasts, not successful in life, self-mutiliate and have depression issues. I told him to stop stereotyping and that I used the word to simply describe the style my daughter wanted for her room not to make her fully Goth.

Since then, he still gives me a hard time about it even saying that if she goes down that path, I am fully responsible. Whatever....:roll:

Back