Easter Basket Ideas

Because this thread didn't say "No Jews Allowed" on it. :)

That is a good one! But it not what we meant, If you really are against having anything to do with Christan holidays I would think this would the last thread you would want to comment on!

That is a good one! But it not what we meant, If you really are against having anything to do with Christan holidays I would think this would the last thread you would want to comment on!

Just a guess, but she made some snarky comments early on (in response to the Bling Basket) and since then has just been replying to other people who replied to her.

Just thought of something...

"World" basket filled with toys or small things from different countries.

Just thought of something...

"World" basket filled with toys or small things from different countries.

I would be careful with buying things from different countries , like China.
I gave my granddaughter a pail that came with a shovel and toys to play in the sand and put candy and dye Easter eggs in the pail too.

whatdidyousay! said she celebrated Easter because her father grew up poor. Well, my grandmother survived the Holocaust and I don't celebrate Easter...? I think a "cultural thing" explanation would have been fine. I have a couple of Russian friends that open gifts on New Year's and they are Jewish - it's something their father wanted to keep. I have other Russian friends who don't give a stink about presents on New Year's. I was just asking.

If you aren't Jewish, it's hard for you to understand why some Jews don't do Christmas/Easter/secularized Christian holidays. I'm 100 per cent atheist and I send my son to Jewish school and there are no Easter bunnies here. So yes, it seems weird to me.

I'm not against Christian holidays. That would be silly. I do wonder why a minority of Jews decide to celebrate them, though.

Easter just seems to be the most weird, since that was traditionally a time of pogroms and anti-Semitic laws...Passion plays...Jews killed Jesus and that sort of thing.

Does anyone have more ideas for Penguins theme?

So far I had came up with....

Oldest son-stuffed penguins, Either Wii or DS Happy Feet any else to add?

Youngest who is 17 months old...I've came up is Stuffed Penguins, Happy Feet DVD movie any else to add? I am trying to brainstorm to add some.

Of course I'll add their favorite candies/snacks etc.

Not sure if I'll use tradtional basket or other kind...

You could get Swedish fish to "feed" the penguins! Not the greatest idea, but it's all I have.

I think different holidays can mean different things to different people, as we've read in the previous posts. Just because it is a "religious" holiday doesn't mean those are the things one is celebrating in that day. For a lot of people certain holidays mean celebrating and enjoying your family.

Oh good idea...I'll explain that to my oldest kid! LOL! My hubby love that kind of candy...me gag!

You could get Swedish fish to "feed" the penguins! Not the greatest idea, but it's all I have.

"Spring Cleaning!" Like a mini broom/dustpan, duster, and sponges!

:laugh2:
I love this idea! My kids probably wouldn't, seeing as how I'd expect them to use it, but who asked them? Best Easter for me ever. Ha!

*disclaimer* I wouldn't actually do that, but thinking it over it sounds exactly like the type of thing I'd find in MY Easter basket if I still got one.:roll:

Back