Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Theater movie

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yagazn

Reaction score
DVD movie or Theater movie?

I heard Ddeaf/Hhoh who prefer most DVD movie at home cuz Theater movie not have CC but have small rear window (I dunno what it's called, I'm not sure) some of them don't like rear window. Theater movie with CC showing once a month.
I thought it's not fair cuz most hearie go to theater movie any day. Limit to Ddeaf/Hhoh for theater movie with CC in some area.

I wish all theater movie with CC anywhere in the world.

If I were a millionaire, I want to own a big theater movie with CC for all Ddeaf/Hhoh even handicapped too. (Hearie welcome too). I also want to add IMAX and big THX sound even vibration in all seats. (I will make a better designer for seats)

I would put up a name "DHHimage" on my theater movie. But I doubt that's not going to happens. Cuz I don't have that kind of money to buy the business. I was dreaming about this. I saw everyone looks happy and smile, it makes me feels good to see them enjoy movie with CC at my theater movie.

BTW, I know some Ddeaf/Hhoh who cannot afford to go to theater movie for the price like $9 or $10 in the evening after 6pm.

DVD: can watch again, again, and again. nobody bother or spill the sodas, no more stomp on popcorns on the floor..

Theater: only once and wasted 7 bucks per ticket to watch. you know what is like, enough said.

DVD: can watch again, again, and again. nobody bother or spill the sodas, no more stomp on popcorns on the floor..

Theater: only once and wasted 7 bucks per ticket to watch. you know what is like, enough said.

going to movie theatre is great moment with someone :naughty:

Personally, I prefer my home theatre because I have a big white screen mounted onto the wall. This way, I can use my projector to project movies onto the screen. That way, it feels like a theatre only without all the annoyances.

Personally, I prefer my home theatre because I have a big white screen mounted onto the wall. This way, I can use my projector to project movies onto the screen. That way, it feels like a theatre only without all the annoyances.

he forget to add one thing in his bath. that is a beauty.:naughty:
thumb463x_diamondbathtub-1_aBOd8_12.jpg

^ I would love to have that!! :lol:

And I rather watch DVD movies at home so I can pause it whenever I want if I needed to go to the bathroom or pop up some popcorn :D

I prefer DVD than theater because of the super-high prices that they have at theaters.

When I first went to RIT in 1999, a movie ticket for an evening show only cost me $6.25 each. By the time I left RIT in 2007, the price was $9 each.

So, my friends and I usually go when it's a popular movie that's OC. For instance, we want to see Indiana Jones 4 when it's OC. :)

i would going with dvd movie because more easy for me have with CC

In Cabot,Ar and North Little Rock,Ar theatre have no CC but i did went movie and no CC and i tried to ask movie manager for CC and refuse but need to respect for deaf people but i did watch CC in KS when i was in school at KSD they sucessfully they later have no approve for that i dont like that because im raise deaf in my life i never begged at movie manager! and still ingore at deaf people that stupid!

i would going with dvd movie because more easy for me have with CC

In Cabot,Ar and North Little Rock,Ar theatre have no CC but i did went movie and no CC and i tried to ask movie manager for CC and refuse but need to respect for deaf people but i did watch CC in KS when i was in school at KSD they sucessfully they later have no approve for that i dont like that because im raise deaf in my life i never begged at movie manager! and still ingore at deaf people that stupid!

Sorry about that. I had the same experience here in california, it happened a long time ago. But today, some theater movie showing CC but not everyday just limited time (I know). That's why I was dreaming about own a big theater movie for Ddeaf/Hhoh even wheelchair. Now I understand that they prefer DVD movie at home cuz it has subtitle in it. But some DVD movie with no subtitle like "Mad Money" which is recently new.

That's why I'm posting this is because what I want to know which they prefer DVD movie or Theater movie. Now, I understand why and it's true cuz most Ddeaf/Hhoh prefer DVD movie with CC also feeling comfortable at home and yeah for the price is expensive at theater movie which I understand too. But I want hearie to know what we pick either DVD movie or Theater movie. For hearie people to learn about this because Theater movie is never limit to hearing people because they can hear without CC. What about how Ddeaf/Hhoh people feels about Theater movie without CC. Good things to have DVD movie with subtitle at home. (How grateful it is to have DVD movie).

Any of you who read this, so please vote which DVD movie or Theater movie. (Not enough vote).

between watching a dvd on a 25" screen in a brightly lit room, and a 35mm print on a 50' screen in total darkness with huge surround sound, i'll take theaters any day.

problem is, i hate having to deal with other peoples' bullshit at the movies: talking, texting and talking on cell phones, crying babies, the occasional verbal or physical confrontation.

James Cameron's Avatar is opening in December of next year on 3d IMAX. i'm thinking about buying every single ticket in the house so i can enjoy it uninterrupted.

DVD is definitely the way for me to watch movie. At home, I can watch it without being interrupted and enjoy the movie all the way.

The thing is, at the theaters - It annoys me from time to time when someone who happens to be taller or bigger sits front of me and I can't even see the whole screen, much less being able to read the open captions. Also, with the rear-view captioning, it is bothersome because I'd have to squirm in my seat or fidget the rear view to adjust it in a rightful postition to get comfortable and to be able to read the captioning.

DVD is definitely the way for me to watch movie. At home, I can watch it without being interrupted and enjoy the movie all the way.

The thing is, at the theaters - It annoys me from time to time when someone who happens to be taller or bigger sits front of me and I can't even see the whole screen, much less being able to read the open captions. Also, with the rear-view captioning, it is bothersome because I'd have to squirm in my seat or fidget the rear view to adjust it in a rightful postition to get comfortable and to be able to read the captioning.

at theater, you can cut the head off and enjoy the rest of the movie. OR when you have someone that you love, you can do whatever you want with him, understand, sit way way way back against the wall. TMF.

I prefer to watch DVD movie at home, more freedom to pause the movie to take a break, going to bathroom, popcorn even on raining days during winter, wrapped up in a blanket.

The movie theater is annoying, especially some people using cellphones during the movie as ya can see cellphones lights going on.

Both of them are good to me, I prefer to watch DVD (will be BD in later) at home because of CC and can pause or rewind if you don't understand about what they said.

Movie theater has higher resolution, it make looks more DLP and HD, however you can watch BD movie if you prefer HD.

I prefer to watch DVD movie at home, more freedom to pause the movie to take a break, going to bathroom, popcorn even on raining days during winter, wrapped up in a blanket.

The movie theater is annoying, especially some people using cellphones during the movie as ya can see cellphones lights going on.
I rarely have that problem... it also depends on where I sit.

I don't really have any preferences for where I sit. Some friends prefer the front area... some prefer the middle area... some prefer the back area. For me, it doesn't matter.

If I were in the front area, I wouldn't have to put up with seeing the lights come on from those cell phones.

However, in a deaf theater... deaf people don't use cell phones.

Oh, wait... they use mobile devices! Argh! ;)

Back