Dry and Store - Is It Worth It?

aikifrodogrrl

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I pick up my new HA's in a couple of weeks (yea). Some people have reccomended dry and store has the best way to keep your HA's going for long time. What do people think?

Thanks

That's what they say, but it usually depends on how you wear your hearing aids.

My hearing aid is over 10 years old and it still works. I've jumped in the swimming pool with it. I've left it outside in the rain. I've taken a shower with it. I've left it in the parking lot. I've sweated a lot with it. My sisters' two dogs chewed on it. I've dropped it more times than I can count. Yet, it still works just fine. BTW... I never used that Dry-N-Store thing. My parents did get me one, but I just left it sitting in my drawer. I don't even remember what happened to it. :dunno:

Of course, it's up to you. Maybe, your hearing aid is different than mine and will need it. ;)

Fly Free said:
:rofl: Vampy

i have that thingie too and NEVER use either it go figure :lol:

i just open up the battery part to preserve the battery.. and of course keep it out of children and dog's reach! lol

my old dog ate my hearing aids when i was in highschool.. i still have the leftovers.. miss her :(

Last edited:
my old dog ate my hearing aids when i was in highschool.. i still have the leftovers.. miss her :([/QUOTE]
Seriously, your dog ate your HA's, ha ha, lol. Funny

JesKlu said:
my old dog ate my hearing aids when i was in highschool.. i still have the leftovers.. miss her :(
Seriously, your dog ate your HA's, ha ha, lol. Funny[/QUOTE]
my dog also did eat my HA too.. dogs love to chew on it because ur body fluid is on it.. just like dogs like ur socks, tissue, underwear, shoes..

Dog eat HA? :eek:

aikifrodogrrl,
Hello everyone,

I pick up my new HA's in a couple of weeks (yea). Some people have reccomended dry and store has the best way to keep your HA's going for long time. What do people think?

Thanks

True, I heard alot about this.
I cant say anything further because I dont wear HA for over 25 years. :Oops:

aikifrodogrrl said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks

ABSOLUTELY!

No kidding, we used to have the little jar of beads, you know, and my son, well let's just say he'd jump in the tub, stay in the rain, his HAs would go thru the wash, and they'd be in the shop constantly. Then we invested in that Dry n Store. It was worth every penny. No matter what he does, I just pop them in there, push the little button, and they come back to life. I also use it if my watch stops because it gets wet or whatever.

It's definitely worth it!

Yah my dog did the same thing, she would chew on my HA when I was little, now she stopped,

I never use the dry and storge thingie either, its lame and a waste of time, "take your hearing aids out, take the battery out, take off the mold thingie, put them in the container, and close it" blah blah blah, i never used it, my HA works fine and it had been through the washer and dryer already..

I never used that dry store thing. my mom got it....been sitting there for years eventually I threw it out and mom never asked.....whats the point?

My dog have chewed on it, I have sweated more than you can count, my HA is 12 yrs and still running...am looking for new HA....I think they wanna you to buy them for them so they can earn your wasted money.

LOL!! This thread is hysterical with what your HA's have gone through!!! I've worn mine in the shower, in the rain, left them on the counter, left them in the bathroom while i have a long hot shower for half an hour, i wear them in the blazing hot weather and leave them in the sun. They're just fine.

Personally i've never heard of this Dry and Store thingy. You have to totally disassemble your hearing aids it sounds like, that's too much effort. Putting them in and taking them out is effort enough, but TAKING THEM APART EVERY NIGHT!!?!?! :wtf: lol can't do that. They're best just turned off laying on my dresser.

My dog ate my heaging aids twice... :ugh: I reccomend the dry store if your climate gets really humid, otherwise I don't think it's necessary. It is good to have in emergency situations where the aid does get wet. For example when your friend push u in the swimming pool when you have your aids on...

I got the dry and store thing, used it once and it didn't work. Left it in the drawer and then about a year later I threw it away, not worth it imo

We talking about the Dry jar? The jar with those desiccant beads or something else? I just have the dry jar. don't really see the need to really invest in stuff like that. Besides, keeping it on the radiator (in my dorm room) dries it out QUICK!

I have the Dry & Store and use it EVERY night. This past summer I shorted out two hearing aids by sweating! Now I use it every night, I also use the sweat sock for my aids too.

You can make one with a large empty mayo jar half filled with rice and add an inch or so of gause pads and then put the HA's in a small sock and put them in the jar and close it tight.

That's as good as one of those expensive machines pushed by the HA industry.

i never used it for many years.. and i dont even bother to used those dry & store.. like people were saying , same here.. i went to the pool with it, shower , rain.. everything.. and it is still good! but now i think that maybe it is worth it .. ( i better start doing mine.. ) smile

Back