Drunk and drive

Bad timing for me. Tomorrow marks the 3rd anniversary of the death of Lance Shetler. He was killed by a drunk driver on his way home from work where his three children were waiting for him. The drunk was Mark Pierce, former University of Arkansas running back and lifetime loser.

Lance was an inventor and held a few patents in the medical field. He is the reason we have defibrillators on aircraft now....and he was still young. He is dead now because Mark Pierce decided to have a few beers and shots while playing golf and then drive to an Outback Steakhouse (only a mile away) His alcohol fueled decision making led to his attempt to pass a car on a sharp curve which resulted in a head on collision killing Lance instantly.... Amazingly Pierce, a very strong man, was able to run from the scene on foot despite a broken leg.

Pierce ended up getting 15 years. The Shetler family was awarded $1 million in it's lawsuit against the golf course. A cab would have been less than $10.

These kinds of stories happen all the time. Very sad.

These kinds of stories happen all the time. Very sad.

Yes way to often. This one bothered me more because I left that same course and took that same curve about a minute before the accident. I was on my way to a hockey game (Stars vs Sharks) I would have been at the course practicing still if not for the game. I was "friends" with the bartender/beverage cart girl....he tipped her over $800 that day. She showed me the cash as I was walking out, she was very excited. My last words to her that night were "be careful, don't let him drive." I saw Pierce on the course several times, he was an obscene ass.....you could almost see this coming. He denied being at the course but he had stolen one of the coolers from the course in order to take more beer on the road.

Just disgusting.

DoVip, care tell us why you are bragging about getting away from this terrible crime? There is no justice in bragging on what you have just done. You already have disgusting us.

You may not realize that this is truly an insult to injury to some of the readers out there that MIGHT be victim of exact nature of your crime, they may have been injured, their loved ones lost to stupidity that could have easily avoided without any excuses.

Again, this is still unacceptable!

DoVip, care tell us why you are bragging about getting away from this terrible crime? There is no justice in bragging on what you have just done. You already have disgusting us.

You may not realize that this is truly an insult to injury to some of the readers out there that MIGHT be victim of exact nature of your crime, they may have been injured, their loved ones lost to stupidity that could have easily avoided without any excuses.

Again, this is still unacceptable!

I have known:
  • Someone killed by drunk driver
  • Someone that died and they were the drunk driver
  • Someone critically brain damaged by drunk driver
  • People that have died from alcoholism, including a family member

Nothing to brag about in this list. Lots of tragedy and loss on this list. If this thread makes anyone think, it is a good thing. I can only hope it does.

I'm just speaking up for those victims.

Supposedly, you are a victim, would you appreciate hearing what OP just said?

I have known:
  • Someone killed by drunk driver
  • Someone that died and they were the drunk driver
  • Someone critically brain damaged by drunk driver
  • People that have died from alcoholism, including a family member

Nothing to brag about in this list. Lots of tragedy and loss on this list. If this thread makes anyone think, it is a good thing. I can only hope it does.

Thank you all for you support. Next time, I won't do it again. ;-)

Admin/Mods: Thread is closed.

There isn't "Next time". So, I hope you learn valuable lesson this time not ever sip and drive.

Thank you all for you support. Next time, I won't do it again. ;-)

Admin/Mods: Thread is closed.

Wait! Closing this thread? Hmmm perhaps its best to leave it open to remind everyone the somber reality that drink and drive does not mix well especially for this coming Saturday night!

We all can show pledge that we aren't going to put alcohol and wheels in blender for this weekend and forever.

3 of my friends were killed by drunk driving and they were all in their early 20s. One was driving drunk and she lost control of her car on a sharp curve. That was back in 1995. She was 23 years old. The other two were in a car together when a drunk driver ran a red light and crushed their tiny car, killing them instantly. That was back in 1997..they were 23 and 22. If they had lived, they could have been married with children or in careers or both. I will never know. I miss them so much to this day.

i am very sorry everyone who losing people crash car accident. this very sad thing, that why drunk drive not light issue. YOU NEED FUCKING RESPONSIBLITY DRINKING. i did noticeing some people is feel angrys bec they lose someone who they loves from drunk drive or crash by drunk driver. not mixing alcohol with drive, it very bad idea. think about how many people is kill by stupid driver every year bec they fucking moron not responsibility. it is very sad thing.

i am very sorry everyone who losing people crash car accident. this very sad thing, that why drunk drive not light issue. YOU NEED FUCKING RESPONSIBLITY DRINKING. i did noticeing some people is feel angrys bec they lose someone who they loves from drunk drive or crash by drunk driver. not mixing alcohol with drive, it very bad idea. think about how many people is kill by stupid driver every year bec they fucking moron not responsibility. it is very sad thing.

I used to be so angry at my friend for getting killed because she decided to drive ho,e drunk after clubbing. Now, I am not angry...just a lot of regrets because we had known each other since we were babies. If she had lived, maybe our children would have been good friends like mine are with our other best friend. Just more of being sad that she died for something that was preventable. It has been 16 years but the image of her beautiful face is still fresh in my mind. She died on Christmas Eve and I got the news on Christmas day. Around his time of the year, I think about her a lot. Oh well...

two beers and two jack daniels and two goldschlager. That's all but i did drink a lot of water..

I heard your body weight can have an effect on how fast you get drunk. You had a lot to drink! I am glad you get not get hurt or end up causing an accident! People need to be careful with the new year coming up!

You can get free rides in parts of Massachusetts too. I hope you get rides in every states and that people will use it !

Even luckier he wasn't in TX..... You can still get hit here if the officer feels you had enough to be impaired. Plus that close you would most likely be hauled in for a blood test.

Same in California.

Yea, it's sad that ppl get killed by drunk drivers. 3 yrs ago, a drunk driver killed his two buddies not too far from my home. They all just got out of highschool,19 and 20. The driver was speedin around the curve and hit trees. Git this, he called 911 and told them his friends are dead. I visited the site and it didnt look bad at all. The pick-up truck flipped.

I'm more concerned about the texting and driving to be quite honest. DON'T DO THAT SHIT! :nono:

Back