Drugs....

I have NEVER smoked, snorted, or injected any form of drugs.

All the people who uses tells me to stay that way, I do not understand why?

posts from hell said:

Same here, I never took a puff of a cig at all. I have never snorted up anything except for water by accident while in the swimming pool. I have never injected any form of drugs into my body either.

It takes a strong person to resist it. But I cannot say the same for many others.

jazzy said:
Banjo said:
It takes a strong person to resist it.
QUOTE]

For me it was more alike self-displcine instead of being strong.

It takes a strong person to have a good sense of self-discipline.

PurpleRose71 -- congrats on staying clean! :hug:
lilredridinghood -- thank u! :hug:

TweetyBird said:
i do use weeds sometime, i have reason cuz of my back painful so need weed and it help me more relax... that what dr say... i am not drug person..

Tweety -- saying u "need weed" is a sign of addiction IMHO and i agree with eternity's comment abt finding other avenues that helps with back pain -- if u say "thats what dr say" last i checked the state of Alabama doesnt recognize medical marijuana use yet only in California and the other 10 states and its being debated now in the US Supreme Court -- i cite the source: http://mapinc.org/norml/v04/n1706/a04.html and i quote: "The Supreme Court's decision is likely to have an impact on California and the other states that permit marijuana use for medical reasons: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont and Washington." (posted Nov 30, 2004) so im wondering why is ur doctor saying u should be using weed for ur back pains knowing its still considered illegal in the eyes of the law -- no law abiding doctor would risk his/her practice telling patients to use drugs that are not recognized as medical in any state

posts from hell said:

posts from hell -- the WHY u are asking -- coming from a former user, i have said that myself to those who has not used drugs to stay drug free cuz it makes their life more stable -- YES life is a challenge, but it must be handled in the best way possible, not using! i would not want to see someone start using cuz i would know they would wind up in a whole shitload of problems that would come hand in hand with using -- police busts, family problems and etc etc -- so it should be clear enuf on why we former users or current users (who are wise enuf to accept the "no" if they try to put pressure which is WRONG to do) to not want u to start up using -- often times when ppl start using weed they "graduate" to more potent drugs like coke, crack, heroin, speedballs and etc etc and that leads to a much more fucked up life

Cheri said:
How do u feel about peers using drugs?

Some peers think it is so cool to use drugs, but the reality is that Drugs effects their personality such as Becomes disrespectful, is verbally and physically abusive Is angry a lot, acts paranoid or confused, or suffers from extreme mood swings Seems depressed and less out-going than usual
Is secretive and lies about what he/she is doing and where he/she is going Is stealing or “losing” possessions he used to value Seems to have a lot of money, or is always asking for money....Withdraws from the family and family activities..

I have also noticed some College Students using drugs too, My question is why and how we could help them get the help they needed before too late?

Discuss please. :ily:
Cheri, what is your definition of 'drugs'? If it is man-made drugs then yes, I agree with you that it is bad for everyone.

But if it is 'natural' drug, that will be different story.

I admitted that I did smoked the marijuana when I was in HS & out of HS for few years, for some reason, it helped me concentrate on studying and increase the awareness for sport games much better than non-smoking (I recieved average 3.4 GPA, so rumor about using marijuana causes poor performance in school is totally false). The results vary on the individuals. I haven't smoke for maybe two or three years and I didn't regret that I stopped it. It is quite easy to stop smoking marijuana, it is baby stuff (the rumor about can't stop smoking is totally false too). Why did I do that? Cool? No. To be part of the crowd? No. It is all about curiousity. I wonder what does it feel like when I smoke so I decided to give it a try and liked it ever since. I never go any far than just smoking marijuana. I was determined to not go any more than marijuana and I kept my words. My pals did some dangerous stuffs like snuff the coke, smoke the crack, pop a PCP, etc. I quitted because I am quite tired of being paranoid about cops (and also my best friend [gal] hassled me about it so I gave in and stopped). Holland legalized it and they rarely have any problem, that said all. I smoked maybe one joint per week, that's it. People said that I haven't changed when I smoked the marijuana, I mean like.. attitude, behavior, etc.

Many famous elite warriors in old civilizations used the natural drugs to boost their awareness & quickness, the history shows that it aid them won endless numbers of the battles. You have to remember that people in old civilization is 2 or maybe 3 times stronger, tougher and smarter than us in present. That said all, really. Oh yes, well-know people like... Da Vinci Leonardo, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Aristotle, etc etc had been using these natural drugs to relax, to boost their awareness, and other things. What is the different between old civilization and modern civilization? They (old civilization) tend to not abuse... unlikely some people nowaday. I forget the name of books, these books contains many information about famous people (in old civilization) who used the natural drugs like marijuana, mushroom and other things to boost many things. Native Americans smoked the marijuana too for special events. Have they ever abuse these? No.

Unfortunately that nowaday, natural drugs are corrupted. Manijuana is known to be corrupted by adding cocaine, paint thinner, borax, etc... In old times, these aren't corrupted by these artificial chemicals. That's why I state above that I do agree with you that man-made drugs is bad.

Know what is ironic about these? Simple drug like aspirin killed more people than 'high' drugs together. Yet people blamed on wrong drugs. That got me confused and always did. Malpractices in hospital alone killed nearly 13 times more than cocaine PER year. Can anyone find the irony in that?

All things, tools and substances can be bad or good, it is depend on how you plan to use. Man-made 'high' drugs i.e. cocanie and man-made drugs i.e. aspirin is automatically bad for you. I completely agree with Cheri but natural drugs? No. I don't think it is bad for anyone. The history itself proved..

In fact, I am prepared for anyone to judge me or make some remarks toward me because I smoked marijuana in my young time :P But I do support the 'idea' that it is bad for everyone because they simply don't know how to control themselves. It is same thing for drinking the beers. Same old story.

Cheers!

Edit: btw, I never smoke the cigarettes, I HATE IT and the smells is far worse than anything else. That's why I tried so hard to not go into any bars that allow smoking. Second Edit: Oh yes, it is not my intention to offend any of you smokers :x

Last edited:
Gals & Guys, I honestly will tell anyone or my future child(ren) that drugs are bad for anyone, even marijuana. Conception of 'control yourself' is already beyond many people.

I will never wish that I haven't smoke, I didn't regret it at all but according to laws, it is wrong to use. I am allowing the law to define the right or wrong conception for now.

TweetyBird said:
i do use weeds sometime, i have reason cuz of my back painful so need weed and it help me more relax... that what dr say... i am not drug person..

I heard on the radio them talking about marijuana being legalized as prescription drugs...ha ha ha ha ha :laugh2: Not laughing at it, just funny how they talk about it. I am aware it could help some people.

Medical Marijuana has been proven only to induce vomitting that is caused by a side effect of chemotheraphy.

Now..... Tell me the other ways it does HELP?

Only two states that I am aware of has legalized this: California and Colorado.

The catch is: You have to purchase it on the streets. The dealers can get in trouble for selling you the product. But you don't.

For all you know, there could be green ajax in the little packages.

Also, one time I was with friends and my kid driving down to a city that is approximately two hours away.. One hour into the trip my friend said "I have to say somthing" I suddenly knew it wasnt going to be good. "I brought my weed with me." ::silence:: The first exit was 1/4 mile away. Thank goodness. I abruptly took the exit, told that person to get out or drop the stuff on the spot.

The person was not HAPPY with me. But you know, I have a kid in the car, and I am NOT going to allow anything bad to happen.

That person later on respected my decision and went as far telling me that they will not do that again.

Hey posts from hell, all I know is that I read an article that some patient with cancer found that marijuana helped them cope with the pain. That was in California, and they want to legalize it for medical reasons. That's all I know, but I wonder because they didn't say that other drugs didn't help that person with cancer. We have to be careful what we read, and I don't like that they leave parts out.

Im 17 and i used drugs untill a few weeks ago. I would do pills and smoke and i had did coke 2times but cost to much so i mostly smoked and snorted pills. I quit because i wanted to go into the national guard so i needed to test clean and it cost to much. I think its good that your trying to reach out and get people to quit but drugs are like cigeretts when you become an addict its hard to quit. Im glad i quit tho because now i dont have to worry about getting busted. good luck with what your trying to do.
Daniel

eternity said:
drugs?

I gotta to love viks

Tweetybird -- I find that is really silly idea that you had to take some weeds to solve your back problem? It doesnt work that way.

Why your back hurts?
1- didnt have calium enough
2- trouble with disc or vertebrate -- you ll need to see neurologist
3- overweigh can cause backache.

Actually, Eternity. It does work that way! There have been studies that prove that marijauna use can help certain medical conditions.

Having said that, I'm against recreational drug use. Several years ago, a dear friend of mine got addicted to coke and speed. Went downhill fast, and ended up committing suicide. So, I'm not someone who supports the recreational use of drugs. But, I think we need to keep an open mind to the medical marijuana issue, because, that does have some merit to it.

Oceanbreeze said:
Actually, Eternity. It does work that way! There have been studies that prove that marijauna use can help certain medical conditions.

Having said that, I'm against recreational drug use. Several years ago, a dear friend of mine got addicted to coke and speed. Went downhill fast, and ended up committing suicide. So, I'm not someone who supports the recreational use of drugs. But, I think we need to keep an open mind to the medical marijuana issue, because, that does have some merit to it.

Actually Eternity it is legal here too. My two friends have bad backs and are given marijuana by their doctor. It works much better than painkillers. Marijuana totally relaxes the nervous system and muscles.

It is very common knowledge around here as Oregon is one of few states that gives out marijuana for medical usages too.

Bad backs are not always because of spine/vertabrae or weight or what not - there are other issues going on too such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, degernerative disc diseases, etc.

man are you sure

Thats hard to believe that are you sure your friends are not making that up, becuz if thats is the truth why are cops from all over are arresting people all over the world , are you sure they re lying Imean iam judst making a suggestions.I mean will they make a hbit becuz of there back pain then happen to drive a car and kill someone when they run an errand. so they show the officer sorrry i have a card here says dr orders .. I find that hard to believe can you shedd some light on that plse .

posts from hell said:
Medical Marijuana has been proven only to induce vomitting that is caused by a side effect of chemotheraphy.

Now..... Tell me the other ways it does HELP?

Only two states that I am aware of has legalized this: California and Colorado.

The catch is: You have to purchase it on the streets. The dealers can get in trouble for selling you the product. But you don't.

For all you know, there could be green ajax in the little packages.

When my father was diagnoised with colon cancer -- his doctor gave my mother a special card allowing her to legally purchase marijuana for him to suppress the side effects of chemotherapy he went through. (Yes, it's in California) and it did help him in some ways -- but it wasn't always successful, though.

Meg said:
Actually Eternity it is legal here too. My two friends have bad backs and are given marijuana by their doctor. It works much better than painkillers. Marijuana totally relaxes the nervous system and muscles.

It is very common knowledge around here as Oregon is one of few states that gives out marijuana for medical usages too.

Bad backs are not always because of spine/vertabrae or weight or what not - there are other issues going on too such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, degernerative disc diseases, etc.

Yes. Thank you for the assist, Meg. There are quite a few conditions that could benefit from the use of medical marijuana. Among them, AIDS, cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, glaucoma and I'm sure others.

I do believe there is a distinction between the use of marijuana to ease suffering and those people who take drugs to get high. Many people have stated that when they have used marijuna for medical reasons, they DO NOT get high. The drug just helps alleviate the condition that person is suffering from.

Back