Don’t Let The ACLU Remove The Crosses From Federal Cemeteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis said:
That's odd. I'm an ex-Christian. Yeah. Hmm?

I strongly believed in Christ for almost years, considered a career in ministry, did some youth group leadership, etc.

Oh, wait, is this your way of saying that since I'm not a Christian now, I never really was one? Hmm! Smart way to deny stuff! Yeah! You're sharp, man!
I don't know u personally, bec I don't determined about you. But see, being a christian, isn't how strongly you believe about Christ and church activities or going to church faithfully. Now, if you placed ur trust in Christ in your life, you are His. But if you fall away be either called carnal, or apostasy or backslidden. Just like you were born in a family, even your parents will say, you no longer in my family, but as a bloodline, you are still in that family. But the Lord will never say, you no longer a family. Like Jesus said, depart from Me, I NEVER knew you, He didn't say, I used to know you, but NEVER. See that is either a christian or never.

CyberRed said:
Buried differently ? :lol: They look all the same to me. People's bodies are the same as " dead " but, the true-believers or " born - again " Christians will go to the SAME heaven. Same place where Jesus Christ is. :)
There are some Christians who prefer to be buried with a tombstone without a cross or any religious references on it. When I say "whatever", I mean people who don't follow Christian religion.

any more ex-Christians?

Me, Dennis... and I am sure there are more ex-Christians.

me a ex-episcoplian now secular humanist.

hottiedeafboi said:
Enough of ur constant accussation and desipictable attitude. Either christian or never christian, there is no such ex christian.

I had enough of your proselytizism and your mindless faith. You're a JESUS FREAK and that's what sets you apart from most Christians I know!

hottiedeafboi said:
I don't know u personally, bec I don't determined about you. But see, being a christian, isn't how strongly you believe about Christ and church activities or going to church faithfully. Now, if you placed ur trust in Christ in your life, you are His. But if you fall away be either called carnal, or apostasy or backslidden. Just like you were born in a family, even your parents will say, you no longer in my family, but as a bloodline, you are still in that family. But the Lord will never say, you no longer a family. Like Jesus said, depart from Me, I NEVER knew you, He didn't say, I used to know you, but NEVER. See that is either a christian or never.

Nope. A Christian is someone who follows Christ. In your case, some deity you've only met in your imagination and said mystical things in some book apparently "knows me" and "will never deny me."

You're trying to fit your justification into words you've already said that are now immortalized with the internet. I "knew" Jesus Christ intimately. Now, with the realization that he doesn't exist as a supernatural power, there's nothing for someone else to "never have known me." To say such a thing would be a lie, and according to you, God/Jesus never sinned. So all you're doing is trying to shape your words and your predecessors' words into means to justify your hate, dislike, and discrimination against those who are not of your same belief or likeness.

I don't hate you. I dislike your brethren's message of ignorance and self-superiority. You're no better than a 2-bit dictator who oppresses the people by threatening harm to them if they don't follow your ways. Instead of actual physical harm, you threaten their spirituality, which I respect may exist, and I respect your right to believe in whatever you want to believe.

netrox said:
I had enough of your proselytizism and your mindless faith. You're a JESUS FREAK and that's what sets you apart from most Christians I know!
You are right, I'm a Jesus freak and you are wrong, bec you have no idea what is christian, you keep changing your attitude of saying no I don't hate christian, its creatism and no, not all christian I ahte, and no this and no that. The truth is you do hate christians bec you constantly angry bec I refuse to give up my faith and you think so call I win and you lose attitude, well, count me out if that what you are doing. Bec your attitude is very appalling, insulting , hatred and timidating. Its gonna have to stop. Apparently you must have problem with your dad. I met one deaf girl who was raise with her dad is a pastor, they both has big problem. I don't know what's going on at home. But her attitude is so similar to you, she's been rude to anybody and criticize people dress, threaten people lives and etc. Its not worth of doing so, but honest to say, you know about God, but never knew God, that's the difference there.

Dennis said:
Nope. A Christian is someone who follows Christ. In your case, some deity you've only met in your imagination and said mystical things in some book apparently "knows me" and "will never deny me."

You're trying to fit your justification into words you've already said that are now immortalized with the internet. I "knew" Jesus Christ intimately. Now, with the realization that he doesn't exist as a supernatural power, there's nothing for someone else to "never have known me." To say such a thing would be a lie, and according to you, God/Jesus never sinned. So all you're doing is trying to shape your words and your predecessors' words into means to justify your hate, dislike, and discrimination against those who are not of your same belief or likeness.

I don't hate you. I dislike your brethren's message of ignorance and self-superiority. You're no better than a 2-bit dictator who oppresses the people by threatening harm to them if they don't follow your ways. Instead of actual physical harm, you threaten their spirituality, which I respect may exist, and I respect your right to believe in whatever you want to believe.
You got big wrong idea about me. Look, its not I or you or anyone else by "performance". Its nothing I do to make me go to Heaven. Its what He did and His works. Right inspite of our different belief and not only that, I did say, I share and God does the rest. As I have notice, you have quoting by someone else, its bec, I'm a christian and my strong beliefs. And don't accuse anything wrong idea how you think I'm doing. And the degree, you see, I still stand in my faith, its my daily worship and growing knowledge of who Christ is, not just sundays and just listening the sermons. And not only that, its NOT imagination. I have seen how God works around me, and thru darkest times, I do failed in times, and I begin to see more. Many humanist theories what going on in this thread and the way they say and etc, that brought me even closer and stronger faith in the Lord. I don't compare you and me and don't ever get the wrong idea about me. That is the cruelest thing you said.

hottiedeafboi said:

You don't know this man's past, present, or future...and I don't think being rude to him will ever make him feel welcome among Christians.

In fact, looking at what he said elsewhere, it was just this kind of rude behavior that put him off in the first place.

I know how it feels, too. I left for a time too because of intolerant behavior--because of fellow Christians who had the gall to label me "unsaved" when they didn't know a thing about me. I only came back because people were welcoming to me and didn't treat me as less even though they were well ahead of me in their knowledge of the faith by that point. Remember the tale of the Prodigal Son...how did HIS father treat him when he returned, even after he'd squandered his inheritance and was dirt-poor?

Rose Immortal said:
You don't know this man's past, present, or future...and I don't think being rude to him will ever make him feel welcome among Christians.

In fact, looking at what he said elsewhere, it was just this kind of rude behavior that put him off in the first place.

I know how it feels, too. I left for a time too because of intolerant behavior--because of fellow Christians who had the gall to label me "unsaved" when they didn't know a thing about me. I only came back because people were welcoming to me and didn't treat me as less even though they were well ahead of me in their knowledge of the faith by that point. Remember the tale of the Prodigal Son...how did HIS father treat him when he returned, even after he'd squandered his inheritance and was dirt-poor?
Ok, I don't know what you see or thought what I am pointing out. Like a prodigal son, exactly. But something I may not think you understood what I meant. Ok, can you , mmm, how can I say it. Like what you see I'm saying as what you thought I meant. You know what I mean. It isn't a rejection phrase I point out or rude thing, the way I see, I think something there got wrong idea I'm saying.

hottiedeafboi said:
Ok, I don't know what you see or thought what I am pointing out. Like a prodigal son, exactly. But something I may not think you understood what I meant. Ok, can you , mmm, how can I say it. Like what you see I'm saying as what you thought I meant. You know what I mean. It isn't a rejection phrase I point out or rude thing, the way I see, I think something there got wrong idea I'm saying.

What bothers me is that when Christians fall away from the faith, people are so quick to say, "Oh, he was never faithful in the first place." I think that's like saying, "We don't want him/her back--they clearly weren't worth it." Since I know that God wishes as many people as possible to join Him in the afterlife, the LAST thing we ought to be doing as Christians is to say things like that. We don't want to be the resentful older brothers who couldn't stand it when the prodigal son's father ordered a banquet in honor of his son's return.

You can't know what a person's reasons are or what God will do in their life that we don't know about yet. We can't see the future; God can, and the LAST thing we want to do is to be a stumbling block He has to work around in His plans when we're supposed to be helping.

Rose Immortal said:
What bothers me is that when Christians fall away from the faith, people are so quick to say, "Oh, he was never faithful in the first place." I think that's like saying, "We don't want him/her back--they clearly weren't worth it." Since I know that God wishes as many people as possible to join Him in the afterlife, the LAST thing we ought to be doing as Christians is to say things like that. We don't want to be the resentful older brothers who couldn't stand it when the prodigal son's father ordered a banquet in honor of his son's return.

You can't know what a person's reasons are or what God will do in their life that we don't know about yet. We can't see the future; God can, and the LAST thing we want to do is to be a stumbling block He has to work around in His plans when we're supposed to be helping.
aah, gotcha. I'm glad you point that out, but this is not nearly what I meant. Very very true, when our brother or sister falls away we should bring them back, of course. What I meant is this, like when Jesus said I Never knew you meant, it never be a christian. Bec He didn't say I used to know you and there is no such thing ex christians. Bec if a person received Christ will always be a child of God, just like you are born in your blood family will always part of that family. Not sure if when I said Jesus said about Never, by thinking He actually said that to him. No. Not at all, I'm point out which is no such thing as ex. Yes, I'm very strong believe Prodigal Son, when Father sees his son fal back in sin and Father still waiting for his son comes back just like us. I never believe when our brother or sister falls away, we draw the line, and that's not how God teaches us that. Thanks for point that out and I make it clear of my saying

The truth is you do hate christians bec you constantly angry bec I refuse to give up my faith and you think so call I win and you lose attitude, well, count me out if that what you are doing. Bec your attitude is very appalling, insulting , hatred and timidating. Its gonna have to stop.

I don't hate Christians. What I hate is when religious people become apologetic about their religions and that their reasons are totally constrained to their Christian thinking. It's very annoying and they clearly lack empathy to human reasoning.

You don't know about me nor about my relationship with my father. My father was definitely not remotely like you and he was viewed as a saint by many people. Unlike many fathers of deaf children who don't communicate with their kids, my father took the time to learn to cue with me. He cued consistently. He supported me even during the period of my curiousity with occult (he bought me occult books as long as they were "clean and positive"). He had a wealth collection of works on Christianity. He has Flavius Josephus books. I decided to go for Christianity and was baptised.

A few years later after studying religions and their history, I gave up Christianity in favor of humanism. People need religion, a belief in something more powerful than them is inevitable. It is meant to happen. That belief is harmless per se.

It's been 12 years and I have NO regrets at all. I am a very happy secular humanist. I don't expect you to be a humanist, far from it. You need religion. But why tell us over and over about your God and how wonderful God is to you. We heard that many many many times. We got the picture!

You need to realize that every case you bring up about your God, there's someone who disagrees and you take it as an insult!

netrox said:
I don't hate Christians. What I hate is when religious people become apologetic about their religions and that their reasons are totally constrained to their Christian thinking. It's very annoying and they clearly lack empathy to human reasoning.

You don't know about me nor about my relationship with my father. My father was definitely not remotely like you and he was viewed as a saint by many people. Unlike many fathers of deaf children who don't communicate with their kids, my father took the time to learn to cue with me. He cued consistently. He supported me even during the period of my curiousity with occult (he bought me occult books as long as they were "clean and positive"). He had a wealth collection of works on Christianity. He has Flavius Josephus books. I decided to go for Christianity and was baptised.

A few years later after studying religions and their history, I gave up Christianity in favor of humanism. People need religion, a belief in something more powerful than them is inevitable. It is meant to happen. That belief is harmless per se.

It's been 12 years and I have NO regrets at all. I am a very happy secular humanist. I don't expect you to be a humanist, far from it. You need religion. But why tell us over and over about your God and how wonderful God is to you. We heard that many many many times. We got the picture!

You need to realize that every case you bring up about your God, there's someone who disagrees and you take it as an insult!
:gpost:

netrox said:

Well, it isn't a insult and doesn't matter how much you hear from some of about who God is and correct, I'm likewise, I have no power to convert you, but only mine position is to share. Well, I can't stop you from doing or believing but its based on conversation what we point out. Don't expect us know you all about you. As for me, but there's so much horific remarks you been said and reactions and no, in some ways you don't get it. Each of us learned different ways. Each of us stand who we believe and why we disbelieves, and no, the way we shared is no different you and some other do. The way I see, as of humanist can say as far they can say, but its more like, you do the talking and we keep our mouth shut. Yes, each of us has different responding. Its just christian, not what they say, its just christian that aggravate and even I get your point and you gonna have to listen to my point also. I'm me and you "netrox", you don't knoow me either, but getting the idea, that is very first time I know and reasoning of it. But don't name calling on anyone, it is inexcusable. I don't care if you are a christian or not. Harsh remark is inexcusable. Well I'm sorry about how you feel about this. Its like if I talk about how much my wife and how much I love her and she to me, would you get piss about it? It is the same way how I feel about God and what He did to me. Like I said one of the thread, the way of the humanist and stuff their behavior and the way they believe that what got me closer and stronger of my belief in God, bec their is so much I don't agree just like you don't agree and believe me and with me.

netrox said:

Let me stop you right there. Disagreements are one thing, and I think they have to be accepted. I know very well that not everybody in the world believes as I do, and I think that it's unacceptable to treat a person badly because of that. What I continue to find aggravating in your words is the way that you diminish those who believe as having inherently lesser minds. That's certainly the implication behind "lacking empathy to human reasoning." In fact, some readings of that phrase would then suggest that to you, the religious have the status of animals! I should certainly hope that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back