Does your state....

In Kentucky, You are only required to have ONE license plate on your car.

Require One License Plate:
Alabama
Michigan
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
Louisana
Mississippi
South Carolina
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Nevada
Kentucky
Oklahoma

Require Two License Plates:
Washington State
California
Utah
Illinois
New York
Ohio
Canada(ALL of Provinces)
Minnesota

Need to know more:
Texas
Arizona
Wyoming
Alaska
Hawaii
Indiana
Oregon
Wisconsin
Maryland
Virginia
West Virginia
South Dakota
North Dakota
Arkansas
Missouri
Iowa
New Jersey
Delaware
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Maine
Vermont
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Nebraska
Kansas
New Mexico
Colorado
Montana
Idaho
And, Washington D.C., does they have their own license plates?

Maryland requires two license plates; front and back. The renewal stickers (month and year) are only placed on the rear license plate. :) Dave

Require One License Plate:

And, Washington D.C., does they have their own license plates?

Yep they do and require two plates. I got ticketed in MD for only one plate in front. So MD requires both plate on front and rear. ALSO , drivers are REQUIRED to have their rear's license tag light to be working , too!

Mexico require two license plates in rest of country.

Wyoming must have both! Front and back. If sheriff, highway, and city will stop them, one of either front or back is not there!

Virginia and DC require 2 license plates too, I just remember about long time ago.

Does your state require TWO license plates on the Car(front and back) or what?

Michigan require one license plate on the back of Car, don't have to use front of car because they can't afford more license plate, but they will set the law for that in the future for sure.

Washington REQUIRE TWO license plates on the back and front of the car.

I'm wonder about your states like, Maryland, Texas, Florida, any states that you live in do require TWO or ONE license plates on the car(front or/and back)

Odd thing, Washington State require TWO license plates on the front and back of the car and Michigan require ONE license plate on the back of the car, but Michigan's tickets cost VERY HIGH than all of the states which the newspaper said it because of one license plate on the car, they have hard time to reach who speed up or who don't wear the seat belt or something like that, another states with two license plates that tickets are more cheaper. That's weird.

Mississippi only has one tag on the back

Here in Germany and other Europe countries requires 2 liescne for front and back of car.

We may have a 2 license plate requirement here in California but it's being poorly enforced.

Richard

Iowa and Ohio (already mentioned in this thread) is required by law to have two plates.

Interesting info about license plates different states requires 2 or 1 wha..ever

DeafMonkey is correct.. canada are rest provinces requires 2 license plates.
*hate expense two plates* If you buy regluar two plates cheaper... If you wanna personal two plates cost lot of money.. I love to have my own personal two plates but $$$ *gluping looking my purse* forget it, ain't go for this stupid personal plates!

Back