Does your state....

WhisperHorse

Reaction score
Does your state require TWO license plates on the Car(front and back) or what?

Michigan require one license plate on the back of Car, don't have to use front of car because they can't afford more license plate, but they will set the law for that in the future for sure.

Washington REQUIRE TWO license plates on the back and front of the car.

I'm wonder about your states like, Maryland, Texas, Florida, any states that you live in do require TWO or ONE license plates on the car(front or/and back)

Odd thing, Washington State require TWO license plates on the front and back of the car and Michigan require ONE license plate on the back of the car, but Michigan's tickets cost VERY HIGH than all of the states which the newspaper said it because of one license plate on the car, they have hard time to reach who speed up or who don't wear the seat belt or something like that, another states with two license plates that tickets are more cheaper. That's weird.

TweetyBird said:
in alabama is only one tag back

Not Tag... License Plate, with the letter and number on back you know??? Does your state require TWO or ONE?

Sweetheart said:
Not Tag... License Plate, with the letter and number on back you know??? Does your state require TWO or ONE?
ohh duh sowwy too much on my mind.. gee my mind is not straight.. rme.. anyway.. yea require ONE... forgive me?

TweetyBird said:
ohh duh sowwy too much on my mind.. gee my mind is not straight.. rme.. anyway.. yea require ONE... forgive me?

That's alright! I don't blame you ;) thank you! :hug: of course, I do forgive you :kiss:

Require One License Plate:
Alabama
Michigan

Require Two License Plates:
Washington State
California(Sequoias said)
Utah(Sequoias said again)

2 here in California---we got LOTS of prisoners to make them! LOL!

Sweetheart said:
That's alright! I don't blame you ;) thank you! :hug: of course, I do forgive you :kiss:

Alabama
Michigan

Washington State
California(Sequoias said)
Utah(Sequoias said again)
thanks.. and Georgia one, tenn one, miss one, florida one, LA one

Alabama
Michigan
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
Louisana
Mississippi
South Carolina
North Carolina
Pennsylvania

Washington State
California
Utah
Illinois
New York

Last edited:
Both mean the same thing, in the south people call it tags, while in north and elsewhere call it plate. No difference, I know because I used to live in the south and it is their way to call it... TAGS...

Sweetheart said:

Alabama
Michigan
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
Louisana
Mississippi
South Carolina
North Carolina
Pennsylvania

Washington State
California
Utah
Illinois
New York

20 states require only one license plate on the rear.

Most states that require both front and back aren't really picky about it. However, if you were pulled over for speeding (or a different reason) and started giving the cop a hard time... then he just might give you a ticket for not having a license plate on the front. ;)

Yeah that is why I notice it some usa car have only one drive license it make me hmmmm why one ? should have two.

Here all across canada must have 2 licenses for any vehices (spelling)

In state of Nevada I think 2 but I need to ask Judy. I forgot since I moved out of Nevada in 1997. I'll come back on this when I get more info in a while.

Back