Does your kid act like they know everything?

My mom still trying to tell me what to do.
She told me to stay away from men and sex isn't great.

I told mom I want to marry one day, and she said Men are no good.

So I believe her.

I did ask my sister to join me to cook this Lasagna recipe, but
she said no, and went back to sleep, she sleep 15 hours a day :eek3:

Are you living with your Mom? If that is the case, it's time to live on your own. You are an adult and you can do whatever you want in your own life. About job, it's up to you to kick your ass till you get a job. About your sister, well that's her choice then just leave her alone. That's my suggestion. So it's up to you. Don't bring an old past and complaining and do nothing about it. You gotta move forward for a better life ON YOUR OWN!!! Good Luck!

Are you living with your Mom? If that is the case, it's time to live on your own. You are an adult and you can do whatever you want in your own life. About job, it's up to you to kick your ass till you get a job. About your sister, well that's her choice then just leave her alone. That's my suggestion. So it's up to you. Don't bring an old past and complaining and do nothing about it. You gotta move forward for a better life ON YOUR OWN!!! Good Luck!

Yes I live with my mom. I did move out and live in apartment by myself for a year...
And I was homesick and went back home with momma.

Yes I live with my mom. I did move out and live in apartment by myself for a year...
And I was homesick and went back home with momma.

Oh you were homesick and went back home with your momma then you shouldn't complaining at all.

Oh you were homesick and went back home with your momma then you shouldn't complaining at all.

I think I got schizophrenia... I don't think I can be able to go live out there.
Right now I am sad and depressed, I didn't come to this forum
to date someone or to meet with friends or anything...
I just don't have anything else to do... but be sad and just post stuff..
and I like to smile and laugh and joke around...

I don't think I should have children or be with a boyfriend or have a husband,
because I don't trust myself. It is better for me to just stay at home with
mom. Better Safe than Sorry.

I think I got schizophrenia... I don't think I can be able to go live out there.

That is a joy of life. Getting out and met people and do things that a lot of people don't do. I understand you don't want to leave your mama, but what will you do when the day comes and your mama passes away? You going to put her dead body in a chair in your house and act like it didn't happen? You really want to miss the joys of raising kids? Watching them roll over for the first time and then get pissed cause they can't crawl? Parents are protective and don't want their kids to grow up, but it must happen.

My mother was soo heart broken the day I was shipped to basic, but she knew I had to live my own life. Yes, I got home sick and everything too, but I didn't want to be stick with my mother till she died.

I have one friend that is the same age as me and still lives with his parents and he is proud of it. I really think it is sad. He almost bought a house and was going to move in with his at-the-time girlfriend. They didn't by the house cause they didn't have enough credit yet, plus he wanted to move into the basement of his parents house when they got married.

The point is, as long as your mother is telling you what to do, then you will never grow up. What you need to do, kick your sister in the ass and tell her that you and her are going to paint the town and have some fun.

No I don't believe you got schizophrenia. One of my brother's common in law wife, the mother of my two nephews has schizophrenia. She has been in hospital on and off for years and now has been staying in hospital for one year and two months plus. From what you were saying, it sounds like you have been depression and I can understand but there can be cured if you go see doctors about it.

The*Empress ... Btw, this thread is not proper to discuss your situation here. This thread title was asking "Does your kid acting like they know everything?" We both need the respect this thread starter. You can make your own thread to further discussing your situation if you want. Okay.

Star ... I'm so sorry for making it off topic. I won't make another post here.

That is a joy of life. Getting out and met people and do things that a lot of people don't do. I understand you don't want to leave your mama, but what will you do when the day comes and your mama passes away? You going to put her dead body in a chair in your house and act like it didn't happen? You really want to miss the joys of raising kids? Watching them roll over for the first time and then get pissed cause they can't crawl? Parents are protective and don't want their kids to grow up, but it must happen.

My mother was soo heart broken the day I was shipped to basic, but she knew I had to live my own life. Yes, I got home sick and everything too, but I didn't want to be stick with my mother till she died.

I have one friend that is the same age as me and still lives with his parents and he is proud of it. I really think it is sad. He almost bought a house and was going to move in with his at-the-time girlfriend. They didn't by the house cause they didn't have enough credit yet, plus he wanted to move into the basement of his parents house when they got married.

The point is, as long as your mother is telling you what to do, then you will never grow up. What you need to do, kick your sister in the ass and tell her that you and her are going to paint the town and have some fun.

:gpost:

When my younger cousin tries to outsmart me, I simply outsmart him back. ;)

you're not alone... as same thing my two teenagers and claim knew everything... I let them go... result.. *gulped* came back and you're right MOM! Even I say.. well.. well... Have you gone look your mirror lately? They refused answer it.. (chuckles) I knew too embarrassment.. Least, I'm glad they are learning and slow down... sometimes not even think twice..

I suggest you best let your teenager go... will come their conquestion face it!

Galaxy Angel,
I agree with u. I try not to control my 13 yrs old son. It is hard for me. I did teach him to be responsible. He told me when he turn 18 , he want to move out. I say ok when you turn 18 and need help borrow money and I told him no he cannot borrow my money. He had to do it on his own indepence when he turn 18. He had to learn to take care of himself and learn how to pay the billc etc... He think he knows everything.. I let him say it.

Galaxy Angel,
I agree with u. I try not to control my 13 yrs old son. It is hard for me. I did teach him to be responsible. He told me when he turn 18 , he want to move out. I say ok when you turn 18 and need help borrow money and I told him no he cannot borrow my money. He had to do it on his own indepence when he turn 18. He had to learn to take care of himself and learn how to pay the billc etc... He think he knows everything.. I let him say it.

Yup, you got it..

Let him go.. until change his mind... (pssst) he will look forward his conquestion.

(chuckles) No worry.. as long you can continue advice tip your teenager... as same mine..
(No pressure) that right! you got it!

My stepson think he know everything. but he got kicked out from school cuz sicssor (sp?) on student's lap. He got fired from his first job and he went jail for 3 week. Also many issue that he did very nasty. He thought we would take care of him and he can able stay for free. We already throw him out twice and we didnt care if he was homeless. We cannot help him anymore because he is already 19 years old.

We heard that he just got out from jail and he got a new job at Cici's pizza and he is trying fix his life. We don't know if he will stay with his job and learn to be resonbility. I asked him do you like your job then he said so-so.

:gpost:

It is so ture.. I try not to overprotective to my kids. My kids need to learn to be on their own.

Pacman is not my son...hahaha... He lives not far from me... He is only 18 and just graduated from HIgh school... he claimed he knew everything... I kept telling him he is too naive.. he does not know everything in real life...beside the educations...

I had heart attack three weeks ago... stayed in hospital for two weeks.. I am fine now.. thank you..

{Mod Edit: Previous comment within quote had been removed--}

Sorry to hear about your heart attack. Take it easy. I had atrial fib last year. Scary!

{Mod Edit: Comment removed as previous comment within quote had been removed--}

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't stay at home because of mom or to be near to my mom.

I stay at home, because life is too hard, and I can't get opportunity
to do whatever I want to do... so why bother to work hard for
something and you won't get anything you want after working hard.
My roommates jumped on me because I won't stop eating pizza
in my room.

I don't want kids, because I don't want my kids to live in this kind of
world... especially with perverts out there.....
Just leave my little babies in my ovaries and down the toliet
during period. Life is too much stress... I don't want my children
to face heartache and stuff.

Speaking of overprotective children,
I won't have one.

I tried to tell my nephew some thing about life... but he won't listen...
I tried to tell him there is no such thing as SECOND CHANCE in life....

Sorry for going off topic again... you can remove my post if you want to, MOD.

I didn't stay at home because of mom or to be near to my mom.

I stay at home, because life is too hard, and I can't get opportunity
to do whatever I want to do... so why bother to work hard for
something and you won't get anything you want after working hard.
My roommates jumped on me because I won't stop eating pizza
in my room.

I don't want kids, because I don't want my kids to live in this kind of
world... especially with perverts out there.....
Just leave my little babies in my ovaries and down the toliet
during period. Life is too much stress... I don't want my children
to face heartache and stuff.

Speaking of overprotective children,
I won't have one.

I tried to tell my nephew some thing about life... but he won't listen...
I tried to tell him there is no such thing as SECOND CHANCE in life....

Sorry for going off topic again... you can remove my post if you want to, MOD.

Empress,
If you are not a mother and why bother?? I did put the thread in first place.
I understand how you feel. But you are grow woman and you don't need to worry about your life. You are free and single and be happy .
Best thing is get out of house and enjoy with your life.
You don't have to have a kids, this is your body and your choice..

We did work hard and I think it is worth it. I love my kids very much.That is the way is.I do enjoy my life.

I have a friend who is single and she is enjoying her life. She have no kid and she don't want kid. It is her choice.. She is enjoy being single.
I enjoy being mother and I know it is not easy, but I love it..

Empress... you always post negative things here...You are not God.. you cannot judge everyone here... You are not perfect.. either am I....

It's natural for teens to have an "I know it all" attitude. That gives them the confidence they need to explore and challenge the adult world as they enter it.

Of course, it's a temporary feeling because they soon find out that they have a lot more to learn when they live in the "grown-up" world.

However, even if they believe they know it all, they should still express themselves with respect to others.

It's natural for teens to have an "I know it all" attitude. That gives them the confidence they need to explore and challenge the adult world as they enter it.

Of course, it's a temporary feeling because they soon find out that they have a lot more to learn when they live in the "grown-up" world.

However, even if they believe they know it all, they should still express themselves with respect to others.

I told my son be aware in real world..He say I know that. He thinks he know. I let him say it..

Despite all those off the point topic.. I would like to say that yes, my children(ages between 14 to 11) does think they know everything. I just laff and nod at them. If things gets too much and they become very pushy, I just simply let them get the taste of their life, I just guide them to the front door and tell them, if you think you know everything, by then you should be able to live on your own place, be able to provide self with foods, etc. Bye and I shut the door on them and shut off the front porch light. Of course, my children will say, No problem!! but after a while (usually within ten minutes) they will knock on my window and say I am soo sorry I dont know nothing and please let me back in. I just chuckle and let them in and tell them. Huh?? think you know everything. I dont think so!! They laff and say yea yea. However they still go back into Mr or MIss know it all attitude. So I think its normal for them to do that to their parents. Oh well!! :D

Back