Does your kid act like they know everything?

I can't wait till that happens, then I will let them pay room and board, food, and everything. They earn their money wit chores, they don't do it, they get no money. No money, no special things. It just a normal thing, I remember doing the same thing to my own mother

It's natural for teens to have an "I know it all" attitude. That gives them the confidence they need to explore and challenge the adult world as they enter it.

Of course, it's a temporary feeling because they soon find out that they have a lot more to learn when they live in the "grown-up" world.

However, even if they believe they know it all, they should still express themselves with respect to others.

*nodding agreement*

Let them collect their experiences but they will remember their parent's words... but... we (parents) could be wrong sometimes...

Depend on teens's talent...

If I see what I disagree to then let him know and explain why I'm disagree... I make sure that he aware that I'm boss...

Sometimes my sons brought plenty of news/information what we didn't know... and listen interesting their talk... One example of all is special offer on computer tarif... I use to have DSL connection with 24 hour limited in computer and extra phone cost...until my son told me about special offer about computer tarif... Everything in fix price for monthly... I can phone or fax with unlimited hours to anywhere around Germany. I was like :confused: because it sound pretty illogical... I would not prove him wrong but go and check with Telecom. Yes, Danny is right... We change agreement contract that my sons able to phone as long hours as they wants.... Internet (DSL connection) and phone for around Germany in one price... It was happened last September 2006. I thank my son for save EUR 35 to 40 for to join new computer/phone tarif...

Soon, my son will be 14 yrs old on this April. I have notice he changed alots. I try not to worry about him. I have to trust him and sometime he try to get away with it. But, its not going to happen to get away with it. His voice change a little bit and his hair grow long. I want him to get his hair cut, but he refused. So, I let his hair grow. I let my son to cook dinner for himself. He told me he know how to do it. I treat him as an adult now. He likes that, when I treat him as an adult. He will be in high school this summer. Oh boy, time go fast! Sometime, I don't know how to do it other thing and I ask my son he know how. He help me too. I can be wrong.

Well,
It been 7 years that I fought my dad that I know better than him and he fought me that he know better than me..
Sometime he was right...
Sometime I was right..
We still fighting over outsmart thing..
It is good thing to me because that help me to education myself :P
:wiggle:

My daughter will be 10 this March...*shaky legs* I am NOT ready for this phase!!!!!!!!!! It feels like yesterday when I was doing that to my mom and now my mom is saying "Hahahaha your turn is coming soon!"

Judging from my daughter's personality, she is most likely gonna be a toughie when she hits that stage cuz she is so stubborn!

My daughter will be 10 this March...*shaky legs* I am NOT ready for this phase!!!!!!!!!! It feels like yesterday when I was doing that to my mom and now my mom is saying "Hahahaha your turn is coming soon!"

Judging from my daughter's personality, she is most likely gonna be a toughie when she hits that stage cuz she is so stubborn!

ooh,
HAVE FUN WITH UR DAUGHTER! haha :P :dance2:

Pacman is not my son...hahaha... He lives not far from me... He is only 18 and just graduated from HIgh school... he claimed he knew everything... I kept telling him he is too naive.. he does not know everything in real life...beside the educations...

I had heart attack three weeks ago... stayed in hospital for two weeks.. I am fine now.. thank you..

{Mod Edit: Comment removed--}

I hope you're feeling better SxyPorkie! Sorry to hear about your heart attack.

Back to topic--I think we should be able to freeze kids when they get 14 and wake them up when they are 25! Then we would avoid all that know it all stuff!:giggle:

Very funny!! My daughter is 4, she think she is right and I'm wrong. I laugh so hard!! Anyway, she was telling me that my hair is blue. I told her no my hair is not blue. She say it is, I want my hair blue. She pointed my hair conditioner, she though for hair color.lol. I say no that hair conditioner and she say no, that hair color. I told her no, that is hair conditioner to make your hair soft. And she gave me a look, still thinking it is for hair color. I let her say it.:giggle:

:rofl: Star that's soo cute! Kids say the darnest things sometimes, and it's sure is funny.

My mother has this idea that there is, what she calls, a "straw fairy". On a child's 12th birthday, the straw fairy sneaks into the parent room while they are sleeping, inserts a straw into their ears, and sucks out their brains. The straw fairy does not return the stolen brains until the child reaches their 25th birthday. Amazingly, my parent's straw fairy was late in arriving and they did not become intelligent again until I was at least 30. Luckily, they now know EVERYTHING once again :)

:rofl: Star that's soo cute! Kids say the darnest things sometimes, and it's sure is funny.

Yes, it does when kids say that. I laugh so hard myself whenever she say cutest word. Anway, I remmy when my son was young age about 8 yrs old ( I think). Anyway, he knew what we have been up to. He say, "Mom I know why you and dad lock the door in your room and it because you guys have sex!" I went like:eek3: . I laugh so hard! I told my husband about it. He say nothing and he think it is funny too.:giggle:

Back