Does Anyone have plans for the Fourth of July Weekend ?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
going to the Taste of Minnesota on 4th of july.. Hey pinkystery, megaladon, tinystrawberry, aquamedian.. GO to the Taste of Minnesota!!!!!! i'll be there with my Woman.

Great - would be cool to meet you guys, if we ever can find each other :dunno:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
going to the Taste of Minnesota on 4th of july.. Hey pinkystery, megaladon, tinystrawberry, aquamedian.. GO to the Taste of Minnesota!!!!!! i'll be there with my Woman.

Pinkystery? Pinky mistery? lol..

=O You have a woman!! Shame on you for not telling me..

Taste of MN ... meh.. You have to have a bit of money to go, which we lack. I also work Saturday 10-4 but I'm off Sunday :P I'd like to go! I havent been there since like 99 or something.. And I would like to go with a group, save money on parking, ya know? :P

DeafSCUBA98 said:

U finally got a women?
Too bad I won't be there, I'm going to be at the lake with my family and my boyfriend.

I'll catch u sometime :) Have fun!!! :bump: when we have a chance!

I finally came home from Mississippi to watched my best friend play softball tournment last sat.... oooooo this sooo shyt HOTTEST outside!!!!!! wow!! but i really enjoyed chatted with deaf people there.... my best friend's team won 3 place yayayayaya!! i am excited!!!! so i got more tan on me.. hehehe!!!!!! :D

What a weekend- went to Bear Lake, but not without missing the route to there, so I took a very long route around the mountains to Bear Lake! Ha ha ha, but it was a nice drive though.

We hiked Naomi Peak (9979 feet, 1900 elev gain) and loved it. Stayed in Idaho overnight where it ended up raining so hard. Didnt think fireworks would happen but my bf said he heard them. Oh well.

Today, we went to Paris, Idaho to see some LDS Tabernacle, then to Minntenoka Cave, then Bear Lake beach and hiking at a trail before heading back to SLC. it was nice weekend.

I just got back from downtown Rochester. We picked a different location this year than the last two years. This time, it was louder. However, it rained a lot so we were taking cover from the rain most of the time. By the time it ended, it started pouring. My friend and I were soaked. :eek:

i have lot of fun today my mom and my nice and my faince and i went to Niagara falls IN NY lot of people there and there is 4 of fireworks there when the fireworks is done it was rain all hard and we stay at the tree but lot of poeople push us what a rude to do that we are try to stay where we are we don't wants to got lost we stay there about 10 min then walk to the car and it still raining

Yeah thats one thing I dont understand about Utah, they wont let fireworks happen on a Sunday, so they made sure it happens only on a Sunday. Ugh... it even happened in Idaho where I was staying at, fireworks on a Saturday. Oh well...

kuifje75 said:
Yeah thats one thing I dont understand about Utah, they wont let fireworks happen on a Sunday, so they made sure it happens only on a Sunday. Ugh...

huh? ....I'm not quite sure if I understood your post there, first you said ' they won't let fireworks happen on a Sunday , but made sure it happens only on Sunday '..... :confused:

Opps, I forgot to post what I was going to say at the beginning heh....

We went camping Saturday late afternoon with friends across the street ( it was kinda of a last min. plan ) ....Roadrunner and I slept in the tent, and the children slept in the camper....We went boating and watch the most amazing fireworks by the biggest lake ( it was awesome )....We played horseshoes, took the children to the playground, had a fire, doing alot of other things....We had such a great time, hoping to go again soon! :mrgreen:

^Angel^ said:
huh? ....I'm not quite sure if I understood your post there, first you said ' they won't let fireworks happen on a Sunday , but made sure it happens only on Sunday '..... :confused:

LOL! I didnt notice that error until you mention it now, thanks ^angel^ for asking!

What I meant, they don't let celebrations happen on Sundays because it is a day of Sabbath or rest, so weekend festivals usually happen on Friday and Saturday, then Sunday nothing. So, no fireworks on Sunday, except for a few people who made their own fireworks. (it is legal in Utah though)

Nothing special.

Yeah, it´s my free day (American Public Holiday) today. (I work for under American Government, that´s why I´m able to use both American & German public holiday).

Kim, my new kitten would of die if I didn´t have American Public Holiday. She´s very lucky to find us as her new family. :mrgreen: I found her this morning.

Ohhhhhh, Now I got it, it the same thing here, we had a hometown festival and it started on Thursday to Saturday and the July Fourth is on Sunday but we had the fireworks shown on Saturday instead of Sunday, that why we left to go camping with friends because I wanted to see the fireworks on Sunday where it suppose to be on that day!...I know how you feel there Kuifje75....

except for a few people who made their own fireworks. (it is legal in Utah though)

Oh yeah, I notice a few people in our home area did that too and yes it is legal and in Ohio too .....

I understand about fireworks in the neighborhood. It boomed until 2 am twice on Saturday and Sunday. :pissed:

Go figure....it's legal in the state of Ohio to purchase fireworks but illegal to 'shoot' 'em off in the state...the clause (or loophole for that matter) is that upon purchasing fireworks, you have to sign a document verifying that you are immediately leaving the state with the fireworks....I find this absurd and very much tempting many people to shoot off illegal fireworks....but in Iowa where I came from...there are certain kinds of fireworks that you can legally use...but the 'catch' is...you can purchase these fireworks in a neighboring state such as Missouri....now who 'voted' these idiots to pass these frivolous and absurd laws??? :dunno:

In Utah, it is legal to ignite fireworks ONLY WITHIN FIVE DAYS of special holidays, such as Jan 1, Chinese New Year, 4th of July, Pioneer Day, I forgot what else. The rest of the year, you can't even find fireworks anywhere. A lot of Utahns do go out of state such as Nevada and buy fireworks. There is a law also restricting which types of fireworks might be used, no more than 15 feet in height, and not spreading too far out (I think 10 feet).

This year, due to drought conditions, fireworks were forbidden in certain neighbourhoods of SLC to avoid brushfires on the mountains. There are signs all over my neighbourhood, forbidding fireworks "north of 11th Avenue" which is funny because I live on the southern side of 11th Avenue! Ha ha ha...

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=5&sid=101520

Last edited by a moderator:
It is illegal to for anyone to light fireworks within the city limits but it is okay for high school to have 3 BIG fireworks stands inside the city limits. When I was coming home from work, someone shot roman canon balls at my pickup. :madfawk:

Yes, We have seen fireworks from neightbor and it is allow them do that.. I was surprise about that because I think cheaplike sparklers but real fireworks. :jaw:

back in the heydays before fireworks got too dangerous we always had either sparklers or just sparkling Stars shows in our streets now no more, due to a stupid teenage kid on our street setting off thruout the whole street Cherry bombs and blew up alot of poeple's mailbox and alot of people's front yard were toiliet papered and what have you so enuff was enuff! dang! at least it's done! And now only we have the fairground shows thats it, * thats when i was living in california* here we're alllowed to have eveyrthing BUT must watch the kids and pets SO i had to stay home cuz not wanted to have plms with lilo and pad so far it was good :)

Back