Does alldeaf.com...

hmm.. a little. Ofc, alldeaf.com is so wonderful to visit this place! :D

Lately, I haven't really enjoyed coming here due to the discussions jillio and jackie have been having and some remarks made to me and vice versa. Funny thing is that the Deaf community here in my town won't talk to me or even say hi to me because I'm very oral. At the same time, the hearing people could be nicer, which means that I'm alone a lot and bored out of my mind.

I've come to loathe the wranglings that have been going on, but at the same time, I have school work that I must attend to during the week, or else I lose my funding for next semester. Funding for me is based on semester by semester, so I need to concentrate on my classes and assignments.

That said, I used to love coming here all the time, but, like I said, some people have made it difficult for me. This has nothing to do with Alex or any of the moderators, so I have to squelch that rumor before it starts. Perhaps the one person I like chatting with here is Maria. I think she rocks!

*coverin' your mouth * Shhh ! :lol: Now, I am :Oops:.

But, thanks anyways. :D Gee ----> :scatter:

Maybe things will change for the better if you could be nicer to them too? What I read from your past posts... I think you're too harsh on these people by putting them down because of their poor English grammars, questioned their knowledges, and used your bigot attitudes toward to some ADers that turned many people off. If you stop doing that, people might be nice and show respectful for you. If you want to have the respects from people, you have to earn it. Good luck! :)

Well, to be quite frank my English grammers aren't that perfect, either. I would rather to see an oral person like Pek1 to learn ASL as if, that ASL are not that perfect in English grammer, either. It is either writin' or signin' -- makes no difference. It's either gettin' to know me as a person or there's always a door out there to walk out. :)

Well, to be quite frank my English grammers aren't that perfect, either. I would rather to see an oral person like Pek1 to learn ASL as if, that ASL are not that perfect in English grammer, either. It is either writin' or signin' -- makes no difference. It's either gettin' to know me as a person or there's always a door out there to walk out. :)

I agree.

By the way, I don't have perfect English either. I'm doing my best to have better English grammar.

True, and we are actually bonded within the international deaf community, aren't we? :D
Yeah and that's the really cool thing! Also with being younger than most people on here i love that everyone knows what i go through and has really good advice.

Maybe things will change for the better if you could be nicer to them too? What I read from your past posts... I think you're too harsh on these people by putting them down because of their poor English grammars, questioned their knowledges, and used your bigot attitudes toward to some ADers that turned many people off. If you stop doing that, people might be nice and show respectful for you. If you want to have the respects from people, you have to earn it. Good luck! :)

I have stopped doing that, as I read a letter in Ann Landers by an english teacher that did that and a "little bird" told her to knock it off. I'm getting better and really trying to hold my keyboard in check. I changed my signature and the phrase under my avatar.

Very well put, Maria. May I add, to, that there are some here on forums that write as they would sign and that just throws me off, as I have to rewrite it in order to understand. So far, Maria, you have been perfect. :) MetroGuy03, I haven't ever had a problem with yours. And I never, ever look down on someone because asl is their primary speech. To learn the correct way vs. asl way is very confusing and, to put you all at rest, I still occasionally stumble over my english and butcher words or say it the wrong way. I've embarrassed myself far too many times to take myself seriously! LOL!! Best example I can find, so far, is this thread http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/28109-many-deaf-people-turned-down-finding-job-3.html#post827376 of ways not to write.

Last edited:
Very well put, Maria. May I add, to, that there are some here on forums that write as they would sign and that just throws me off, as I have to rewrite it in order to understand. So far, Maria, you have been perfect. :) MetroGuy03, I haven't ever had a problem with yours. And I never, ever look down on someone because asl is their primary speech. To learn the correct way vs. asl way is very confusing and, to put you all at rest, I still occasionally stumble over my english and butcher words or say it the wrong way. I've embarrassed myself far too many times to take myself seriously! LOL!! Best example I can find, so far, is this thread http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/28109-many-deaf-people-turned-down-finding-job-3.html#post827376 of ways not to write.

Thanks! :) One of threads I saw a while ago that you critized someone's english grammar but you did apolopized for that. Again, you seen like you got my points. No worries. It is OKAY to challenge people but it is not always good idea to put people down like that. I did that in the past and I embrassed myself too.

Yeah and that's the really cool thing! Also with being younger than most people on here i love that everyone knows what i go through and has really good advice.

True, we, a lot of people, here provide good advice! ;) Yet, alldeaf.com has it all.

But peeps, lets get back to topic!

There's no such thing as "perfect" language. Language is a way of communication. I speak japanese to my mother, english to my father and sign language to my wife. I learned SEE first then when I went to DODD schools in Okinawa, I learned ASL. So it's just a way of communicating to others to they can understand your feelings and who you are.

There's no such thing as "perfect" language. Language is a way of communication. I speak japanese to my mother, english to my father and sign language to my wife. I learned SEE first then when I went to DODD schools in Okinawa, I learned ASL. So it's just a way of communicating to others to they can understand your feelings and who you are.

Good comment, yet a question for you! Do you feel like home on alldeaf? ;)

Do I feel like it is a home ? :hmm: I will say no. I would love to read their posts and learn somethin' from them.

When I first joined this AD, I felt it like a home to me because, it was new - but then after a long run, I am gettin' used to it and I don't feel like it is a home. I have other things to do in real life around here since I can't decorate, or sweep, or wash or shoppin' or anythin' in this AD to make it feel like a home, except avatar and signature image .... aaaand, maybe themes. :D

Do I feel like it is a home ? :hmm: I will say no. I would love to read their posts and learn somethin' from them.

When I first joined this AD, I felt it like a home to me because, it was new - but then after a long run, I am gettin' used to it and I don't feel like it is a home. I have other things to do in real life around here since I can't decorate, or sweep, or wash or shoppin' or anythin' in this AD to make it feel like a home, except avatar and signature image .... aaaand, maybe themes. :D

That is a good point, you have there Maria.. Everyone has their own opinions, for me, this AD is like home, where we can post, chat and discuss within the international deaf community.. this alldeaf.com forms a strong bond of the international deaf community of over 14,000 deaf, hard of hearing and hearing people who shares their experiences in our well known forum around the world ;)

It's great to be able to hear from you all on Alldeaf. But the real home is with the family (my wife and 2 daughters). I am blessed to be able to be part of AD and learn from everyone.

Ditto... I feel same way... it is my home... every one have different grammars.. so big deal... i understand them.. if i dont.. i re read to understand their grammars.... I dont have perfect english and grammars either... I am only a human being...

I love ALLDEAF because we are like family even when we don`t agree with each other.:bowdown:

naw not really. I come here less than i used to for several reasons. one is too much drama (as if i need more drama in my life lol) other is that i am not making alot of friends here so why bother. so i just come if i am bored and have nothing else to do to read posts and reply to some.

I love ALLDEAF because we are like family even when we don`t agree with each other.:bowdown:

Hehe, yeah I was thinking when was the last time most families get along well all the time, so why should everything be perfect here? :giggle:

Actually.. I do feel about this site as reconsider my home? Depends my mood swings and love to checking what's up the news or anything update... Love to come and feedbacks..
Of course, I've met Real Life w/other AD'ers who went AD caucus. Sometime I've seen some AD'ers have no respect each others or being disrespecting and also making me tick off.. easily.. Why can't everyone have to learn respect their pov feedbacks and no need harshly everyone or being egoist "Know it all" Really not necessary.. As long this site keep run smoothly and friendly site..

Went well..
Keep your chin up.. :)

Back