DOD Asks: How Would You Feel Showering With Gays?

I have to admit that I am a bit modest, but I don't feel any different as far as showering with straight vs homosexual. I think it's rather silly that people are hung up on sexuality. The next thing you know, you will be interrogated to make sure you aren't still in the closet! :giggle:

I was always a very shy and timid girl...and at school, there were no shower doors or toilet doors....I refused to take a bath for about a week, finally broke down and got in there, but hugged the wall....I had never seen a naked girl or boy...until I was a teenager....(my family were very modest)....to this day, I can describe some of the girls in the shower....some really shocked me by their huge breasts....nipples....hair...etc....I still feel uncomfortable undressing in front of someone...(even the doctor).

I was always a very shy and timid girl...and at school, there were no shower doors or toilet doors....I refused to take a bath for about a week, finally broke down and got in there, but hugged the wall....I had never seen a naked girl or boy...until I was a teenager....(my family were very modest)....to this day, I can describe some of the girls in the shower....some really shocked me by their huge breasts....nipples....hair...etc....I still feel uncomfortable undressing in front of someone...(even the doctor).

Showering mo problem......Urinals without dividers and stalls without doors I hate.

Ahhhhh! Here is a basic issue.

Freedom means allowing someone else to do something you personally do not approve of.

Morality means not being allowed to do something you see no harm in.

Are we a nation that permits individual freedom or are we a moral nation that enforces proper conduct?

Are we a nation that forces people to accept something they view as immoral?

Yes.

Despite being bisexual, I always uncomfortable when I go to public restroom or shower, I prefer private bathroom.

Despite being bisexual, I always uncomfortable when I go to public restroom or shower, I prefer private bathroom.

Same, but more out of safety than modesty, because I'm trans and blind. Makes me an easy target.

Are we a nation that forces people to accept something they view as immoral?

Yes.

The military is something you sign up for. No one's being forced to do anything. If there's something you oppose, you can always just not sign up.

The military is something you sign up for. No one's being forced to do anything. If there's something you oppose, you can always just not sign up.

Yup, agreed, if you don't like sharing in restroom or don't want public shower so don't join military.

Yup, agreed, if you don't like sharing in restroom or don't want public shower so don't join military.

ok, I won't.

Oh wait, military does not like deaf, but they like homosexuals.

Ban the military!!! :eek3: :giggle:

im rather not share shower with same sex couple like same sex marriages NO WAY!!

i remind my friend lives in KS told me that my 2 classmates had gay but i dont wanted follow that!! HELL NO but its totally frick!!

ok, I won't.

lolity... although the government (including military) is the #1 employer of deafies.

I changed into a swimsuit in front of my girlfriends who are straight, bi, and lesbains today...until this thread, I never gave much thought of it and to me, it is like "oh well.."

Pictures or it didn't happen.......

But people who have already signed up can be stuck with rules that change after they've joined.

ok, I won't.

I know that you're joking but the military doesn't base anything on likability. :)

No offense but I think its pretty funny when straight ppl who are not comfortable around gay ppl or lesbians or bis whatever..wtf makes u think ur good enough that they like you in the first place? Grace and I had a gay guy work at the bar we work at and one of the bartenders was like omg i think he keeps checking me out and hitting on me..grace told him straight that trust me he wasn't his type and gay guys don't go for guys like him..he looked offended actually ... Just because we are same sex and are in a same sex bathroom and ur naked doesn't mean we think your attractive JUST because you're a girl...i can tell you I could care less if I see a guy or girl naked in front of me ...if i'm not attracted to them I'm not attracted...I wish ppl would stop thinking that just cuz u are in a showerful of gays and you "drop the soap" that they actually want you lol..get over yourself

No offense but I think its pretty funny when straight ppl who are not comfortable around gay ppl or lesbians or bis whatever..wtf makes u think ur good enough that they like you in the first place? Grace and I had a gay guy work at the bar we work at and one of the bartenders was like omg i think he keeps checking me out and hitting on me..grace told him straight that trust me he wasn't his type and gay guys don't go for guys like him..he looked offended actually ... Just because we are same sex and are in a same sex bathroom and ur naked doesn't mean we think your attractive JUST because you're a girl...i can tell you I could care less if I see a guy or girl naked in front of me ...if i'm not attracted to them I'm not attracted...I wish ppl would stop thinking that just cuz u are in a showerful of gays and you "drop the soap" that they actually want you lol..get over yourself

What about people who like privacy? Should you force them to shower publicly? Should you force straight men to shower with gays?

Should restrooms be integrated? Is segregating public restrooms unconstitutional?

Where are the boundaries? Do you view people who wish for there to be boundaries as petty?

Why?

damn right Alicia.

what's up with this homophobia? 21st Century now and still homophobic with same misconception/taboo from Medieval age? :roll:

What about people who like privacy? Should you force them to shower publicly? Should you force straight men to shower with gays?

Should restrooms be integrated? Is segregating public restrooms unconstitutional?

Where are the boundaries? Do you view people who wish for there to be boundaries as petty?

Why?

um... if the people have problem with that - then they should not join military.

Back