DOD Asks: How Would You Feel Showering With Gays?

There is problem about GLBT population is much minority and they don't treat same equal rights as straight people do, especially in military. :roll:

Look at UK, Canada and some NATO countries allow openly gay soldiers to serve in military.

Worry about gay soldiers to being harassed or put down? What about update the harassment policy to protect gay soldiers from being harassed or put down but I know it won't completely rid of harassment issues because some people choose to be homophobia.

I see DADT as unfair and discrimination, even my father, retired from Marines agreed with me.

I believe that gay soldiers should have choice to openly about their sex orientation and I don't know if increase of harassment or threat may happen but for me, if I want serve in military so I rather to keep sex orientation closeted (privately), just like I do in real life after situation with homophobia students in 5 years ago.
There is already a strict harassment policy already. If a soldier goes through the right channels and there is any kind of harassment(sexual or not) the person or group gets UCMJ actions on them(court marshaled, extra duty, loss of pay, jail time, kicked out of the military, etc...). As long and the soldier is abiding to the DADT policy, they are covered. DADT policy goes both ways too. I can not go up and ask another soldier if they are gay, lesbian or bi. If I do, then they could get me in trouble for that too.

Now, there some soldiers that cross the line, and it could be the fact they either think their soo called friends would understand, or their battle buddies trying to have some fun and things get out of hand.(which probably happens when the gay-bashing happens). There a lot of young people that their first true time away from family is in the military. Most either never had gay friends or just never been aware of it till they left their homes. They also have the high school mind set still and still do their clicks in the military. That is where the DADT policy suppose to protect the soldier, not put them down.

There is already a strict harassment policy already. If a soldier goes through the right channels and there is any kind of harassment(sexual or not) the person or group gets UCMJ actions on them(court marshaled, extra duty, loss of pay, jail time, kicked out of the military, etc...). As long and the soldier is abiding to the DADT policy, they are covered. DADT policy goes both ways too. I can not go up and ask another soldier if they are gay, lesbian or bi. If I do, then they could get me in trouble for that too.

Now, there some soldiers that cross the line, and it could be the fact they either think their soo called friends would understand, or their battle buddies trying to have some fun and things get out of hand.(which probably happens when the gay-bashing happens). There a lot of young people that their first true time away from family is in the military. Most either never had gay friends or just never been aware of it till they left their homes. They also have the high school mind set still and still do their clicks in the military. That is where the DADT policy suppose to protect the soldier, not put them down.

Have you heard about situation with gay sailor in California, in between Los Angeles and San Diego?
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...ld-you-feel-showering-gays-8.html#post1669097

Now, I see DADT as already broken and need something to change.

Thank you for being proud to serve in military and support our country, also thank you for not questioning or investigating at anyone about their sex orientation or personality. That's how is respect and mature of you. :)

Have you heard about situation with gay sailor in California, in between Los Angeles and San Diego?
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...ld-you-feel-showering-gays-8.html#post1669097

Now, I see DADT as already broken and need something to change.

Thank you for being proud to serve in military and support our country, also thank you for not questioning or investigating at anyone about their sex orientation or personality. That's how is respect and mature of you. :)

No problem. I did read it, and his sister also told him to report the issue to his chain of command. The way it sounds, he never did that. It also sounds(I am not saying it is true) that the unit was lacking the classes on EO and harassment classes. I am more leveled headed on that cause I been around bigger cities and small ones that had gay/lesbians. I also worked with a lesbian at my McDies job I had before I joined(and I was sad she was a lesbian, cause she was hot). Since I married my wife, she had a few gay/lesbian friends. I have no problem with them. I do joke and tell my wife's female friends, if they want to, they could have sex with my wife, all I ask for is that I can watch.

Now, there are a lot of other ppl in the military that not had the experience with them as I do, and they don't know how to react.

As a straight woman, I don't care if the other women in the showers are all lesbians. I'm not.... and no one is trying to jump my bones in the showers... so who cares?

Some people seem to think that all gay people are just waiting for the opportunity to jump the first person they see...which is so beyond ridiculous. I've had women come on to me, but I have yet to have ONE woman not back off when I told them I was not interested. Wish I could say the same for men...many of whom seem to think there must be something wrong with a woman who is not flattered by their attentions!

I wouldn't be as cautious in the locker room at a sports club then I think I would be as say, a prison or an actual gay club. When I started working at the sports club years ago, the men in there just didn't give a hoot about walking around naked in the locker room. It might be uncomfortable at first, but after awhile its just to a means to an end. Get showered and go about your way.

I'd imagine being in the military might be a bit different and not as much of a "threat" if the soldiers have enough personal space to get showered. Of course you're going to feel uncomfortable if it's shoulder to shoulder.

I've been approached by gay men (not naked lol) and all it takes it simple No.

as someone who has been a gym member at golds spa in the past i can attest to the fact that gay sex is very active in the showers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is why i quit. effing freaky in there

as someone who has been a gym member at golds spa in the past i can attest to the fact that gay sex is very active in the showers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is why i quit. effing freaky in there

whoa, seriously? o.O

They would do it in a such public place, in front of everybody?

fecking A. way tooooo common, with hard ons and all. shower stalls, steam room shower room. see them lurking around. same with public parks. you see them lurking in parks. i used to have a big mean dog so wasn't bothered but did see them.it is so common it gets talked about in hearing forums. makes me wonder if they are really gay or sex freaks. aids spread thru america exactly for this reason, risky sex. and reports have been that it is creeping back again- high risk sex since aids has been "controllable"

fecking A. way tooooo common, with hard ons and all. shower stalls, steam room shower room. see them lurking around. same with public parks. you see them lurking in parks. i used to have a big mean dog so wasn't bothered but did see them.it is so common it gets talked about in hearing forums. makes me wonder if they are really gay or sex freaks. aids spread thru america exactly for this reason, risky sex. and reports have been that it is creeping back again- high risk sex since aids has been "controllable"

Lol, those kind of sex aren't my style. ^_^

Um, I am not sure I follow what you're trying to say. What does it have to do with homosexuality?
It was an example of how fraternization is punishable in the military, whether it's homosexual or heterosexual.

losers

It was an example of how fraternization is punishable in the military, whether it's homosexual or heterosexual.

still goes on. with the women getting the worse of it.

Back