Doctors: Ted Kennedy has malignant brain tumor

Again, is it forbidden for us to tell her that this thread is about Ted´s health issue, not his past background? I hope I make my post clear.

The fact still remains that he was never charged with anything except leaving the scene of an accident. The evidence is not there to prove that his blood alcohol was over the legal limit. Nor do we know what his state of mind was immediately following the accident. Many, many people who are involved in such an accident do not think clearly and lucidly immediately following the event. It is not unusual at all for a car to be found in a ditch or a creek, and the driver to be found walking stunned down the road.

The time for trial was at the time of the accident, and that trial never happened for what ever reason. To attempt to try him and find him guilty at this point in time, particularly without access to evidence, based on nothing more than second-hand supposition, is absurd.

The events of that evening, while perhaps cause for skepticism, were never brought up for charges. The time for legal prosecution has long passed. He is innocent in the eyes of the law, and all the MOday morning quarter backing isn't going to change that fact. The issue nowlies between him and his God. Leave it there.

There you go, Jillio! you said better than i can!!
:thumb:

I am with those that this thread has nothing to do with what happened to Mary Jo Kopechne. If any of you want to discuss about that subject then why don't you create a thread about it?

I am with those that this thread has nothing to do with what happened to Mary Jo Kopechne. If any of you want to discuss about that subject then why don't you create a thread about it?

Good question! someone brought that up and it just escalated
from there...geez.
This thread was about Ted Kennedy's serious illness only..
and then some people had to bring up his past, but why?

We all mistakes in our lives but so what? we are human.
:roll:

Mod's Note:

This thread is going offtopic. Please stick to "Ted Kennedy has malignant brain tumor".

As for other subjects such as "Mary Jo and Nicole & Ron". Please create a new thread.

Kennedy clan´s history

The fact still remains that he was never charged with anything except leaving the scene of an accident. The evidence is not there to prove that his blood alcohol was over the legal limit.
Senator Kennedy's Confirmed Alcohol Consumption
( July 18, 1969 ~ 4:30 PM - 11:15 PM )
(Alcohol consumption based on statements by witnesses. Actual amounts may be higher)

4:30 PM

( 3 ) - Rum and Cokes aboard the Bettawin - (witness: Stan Moore )

6:00 PM

( 2 ) - Heineken Beers at the Shiretown Inn - ( witness: Joseph Gargan )

7:00 PM

( 1 ) - Rum and Coke in hot tub at Lawrence Cottage - ( witness: Jack Crimmins )

8:30 PM
to
11:15 PM

( 2 )* - Rum and Cokes at the Party - ( witness: Ted Kennedy )

http://www.ytedk.com/chapter1.htm

Nor do we know what his state of mind was immediately following the accident. Many, many people who are involved in such an accident do not think clearly and lucidly immediately following the event.
He didn't report the accident until the next morning, more than eight hours after. That's not "immediately" after the accident.

Also, he had enough presence of mind to contact his two lawyers before calling the cops. Certainly they could "think clearly and lucidly."
YTedK:Ted Kennedy, the truth about Chappaquiddick, and more...

It is not unusual at all for a car to be found in a ditch or a creek, and the driver to be found walking stunned down the road.
He wasn't found "walking stunned down the road." See:

9:25 AM
- Senator Kennedy was still on the phone at the Chappaquiddick landing when Markham observed a tow truck's flashing lights aboard the ferry and headed for Chappaquiddick. He went inside the ferryhouse to bring the vehicle to Ted's attention, an indication that the accident car had been discovered at Dike Bridge.
- Gargan expressed his belief that it was now essential to report the accident. "You've got to do what I've been saying all along. Get your ass over there and report it as fast as you can."

9:50 AM
- Steve Ewing's father, Harvey Ewing, was the Martha's Vineyard bureau chief for The New Bedford Standard-Times. When he heard about the accident at Chappaquiddick, he had gone to the landing to cover the story, and arrived just in time to spot the Senator on board the ferry and headed for Edgartown.
- Before the ferry had docked, Kennedy jumped off and went striding up the street at a brisk pace. The Senator looked "in fine shape," Ewing recalled, "smartly turned out in light blue pants, white polo shirt and canvas deck shoes."
YTedK:Ted Kennedy, the truth about Chappaquiddick, and more...

The time for trial was at the time of the accident, and that trial never happened for what ever reason.
The "reason" was because Kennedy plead guilty, and was given a suspended sentence.

BTW, he was also driving on an expired license but that was ignored in the charges, and none of his previous driving record was mentioned during the hearing.

To attempt to try him and find him guilty at this point in time, particularly without access to evidence, based on nothing more than second-hand supposition, is absurd.
The judge did find him guilty, so that's been done.

... He is innocent in the eyes of the law
No, he was found guilty (although the charges and sentencing were very light).

..The issue nowlies between him and his God. Leave it there.
I'm fine with letting God take care of him. But that doesn't mean I'll be part of the cover up or denial of what happened. We aren't all fooled by the Kennedys.

While Mary Jo was someone's daughter, her parents seem to be satisfied with whatever resolution they came to.
I don't know that they were satisfied. Maybe they were afraid or intimidated or gullible or paid off. They're dead now, so we'll never know.

Had they not been satisfied with the legal out come,they had civil court with which to seek further justice. They did not.
You need to remember the event in context of its time. Sure, people now sue left and right for everything. Back then, people weren't so bold, especially middle aged, middle class people who trusted their government and authorities to do the right thing.

It is quite presumptuous to think that we should tell them what is right or wrong in the case of the death of their daughter.
No one did that. The parents are dead, and Mary Jo was an only child, so there were no siblings to take up the cause.

Yes, the public does have the right to question criminal events. Remember, when there is a trial for murder it is "the State of ___ vs. the Accused"; it is NOT "the Family of Victim vs. the Accused". Crime is not just an offense against an individual; it's an offense against civil society.

Mod's Note:

This thread is going offtopic. Please stick to "Ted Kennedy has malignant brain tumor".

As for other subjects such as "Mary Jo and Nicole & Ron". Please create a new thread.
Oops! I'm sorry. I've been catching up with the posts chronologically. If you want to move my posts elsewhere, I'll understand. :)

Exactly, I am wondering the same... We are suppose to talk about Ted Kennedy´s health issue, not his past background or compare them with OJ´s scandal.

Forgive me for not pay my attention on your previous post over Dad as I was busy to make posts. I am sorry to hear about your Dad. He is continue in my though and hope everything goes well for him. :hug:

Oh okay... Thanks for the explaination...

I email you update about my Dad at your work. :hug:

Oh okay... Thanks for the explaination...

I email you update about my Dad at your work. :hug:

I will view your email when I am back to work on Tuesday. I took 2 whole weeks to follow my boys´ school holiday. You can email me at home if you like to. :hug:

:ty: Liebling, I just logged in AD... I will move some of those post after my message to the new thread you created. :)

:ty: Liebling, I just logged in AD... I will move some of those post after my message to the new thread you created. :)

Willkommen... Yes it would be good idea to make separate to respect Jolie_77´s thread here.

Sorry, SG. I just saw that there was another thread after posting a couple of replies. I didn't realize the discussions had been separated.

Yeah I heard about Ted's diagnosis the other day and the news went on all day about him. Imagine him laying in bed with TV on and have him listen to the news about how much time he has? The news can't just mind their own business and leave him and his family alone. Now that I know about his illness I do feel bad and I wish him luck with the treatment.

It's a horrible condition (and situation to be within). Senator Kennedy has lived a full life and, fortunately, he has a forewarning of what is to come.

Still doesn't justify dancing on one's grave with the body warm . . . and alive.

Back