Doctors: Ted Kennedy has malignant brain tumor

So, because Kennedy authored a crappy peice of legislation, he deserves to die a painful and miserable death?

Come on, Reba... I respect you, but you're being a bit cruel here. Lets just leave it at your above comment.

For the record, I don't care for the man, but I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anyone!

Amen, girl! exact my sentiments!!

We will know the truth about what happened that night
the girl drowned..WE WERE NOT THERE, so we really cannot
judge him and Ted will have to answer to God
when he dies but since he is Catholic, he probably already
repented for that terrible sin, that is IF he is guility
of what happened.

Apparently, MaryJo's parents forgave him or they would have
filed lawsuit. :dunno2:
Leave the man alone...cancer is a terrible disease and i think if
i understand, he may not have too long to live.

My sister had a lunch with Senator Kennedy and their sons last week.

My Dad is in ICU same day when Senator Ted into hospital. They ages are same. Wow!

Pray for Senator Kennedy and my Dad !

Wow! interesting!!
Im sorry to hear about your dad, so he is in my thoughts
and prayers, Kalista!!

it is sad to hear about another tragic story of the kennedys...but his cancer as they say, is fatal especially to the elderly....the prognosis is not good, they were saying for the younger ones about 3 yrs...elderly a lot quicker....the kennedys have had their share of tragedies....

He did tried to rescue her and failed.

Well it occurred in the wee morning and no cell phone or phone booth nearby It was pitch dark out there. Ted was drinking (literally drunk? I doubt it) at that time which I believe. He is now a recovering alcoholic and remarried. His ex-wife is still an alcoholic and seeks a serious mental health help. I am sure Ted was trying to do his best ... It's still fishy anyway -- no evidence of what happened at Chappawick (sp) If he had a cell phone with him then it would've made a lot difference .. who knows? His time is different compare to today.

Apparently, that's what they wanted. Kennedy was never charged with a crime beyond leaving the scene of an accident. The parents never filed any lawsuit or pursued this in any way. So, any assumption of Kennedy's guilt is conjecture and will remain so.

And the key phrase here is "leaving the scene of an accident."

We will know the truth about what happened that night
the girl drowned..WE WERE NOT THERE, so we really cannot
judge him and Ted will have to answer to God
when he dies but since he is Catholic, he probably already
repented for that terrible sin, that is IF he is guility
of what happened.

Apparently, MaryJo's parents forgave him or they would have
filed lawsuit. :dunno2:
Leave the man alone...cancer is a terrible disease and i think if
i understand, he may not have too long to live.

Well said, Defee!

Hmmmmm. Not exactly the history of events as I remember them. Mary Jo Kopechne's family did seek answers which were not forthcoming, until they suddenly became quite well-to-do. Inquiries into the Chappaquiddick incident quickly became dead ends. "Accident" is the convenient euphemism for "crash," but doesn't change that Ted Kennedy got away with a homicide.

It's funny how partisan blinders encourage "forgive and forget" without even knowing full facts on one hand while demanding the full measure of culpability on the other based on partisan rhetoric alone. That's not logic or compassion; that's inequity and injustice.

I'm sorry for Ted Kennedy . . . on several levels.

Hmmmmm. Not exactly the history of events as I remember them. Mary Jo Kopechne's family did seek answers which were not forthcoming, until they suddenly became quite well-to-do. Inquiries into the Chappaquiddick incident quickly became dead ends. "Accident" is the convenient euphemism for "crash," but doesn't change that Ted Kennedy got away with a homicide.

It's funny how partisan blinders encourage "forgive and forget" without even knowing full facts on one hand while demanding the full measure of culpability on the other based on partisan rhetoric alone. That's not logic or compassion; that's inequity and injustice.

I'm sorry for Ted Kennedy . . . on several levels.

Are u saying the Kennedys "paid" Kopechne family to keep quiet? mmm?
If so, can you prove it?

I'm repeating reports remembered from late 1969 and early '70. One headline I remember is Mary Jo's father repeating "No comment, no comment" when asked why the family was not seeking information from the inquest. What you're saying is speculation even less substantiated. It's based on political rhetoric, and that's the point of my comment.

I'm repeating reports remembered from late 1969 and early '70. One headline I remember is Mary Jo's father repeating "No comment, no comment" when asked why the family was not seeking information from the inquest. What you're saying is speculation even less substantiated. It's based on political rhetoric, and that's the point of my comment.

It was not my speculation about them suddenly became well-to-do,
Chase, it was you! haha..It was nothing but pure speculation since
it was not proven. How they suddenly became "rich" is nothing but
speculation, it could be that they came into fortune from family
after death or something like that. You know what i mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
I referred to your speculation in Post #42, but have it your way. Anyway it's begging the question by misdirection and "at the person" attacks, not just at me but at anyone not following official party sympathy.

The point remains that politics-as-usual has little or no base in logic or reality.

Still, even though some of us remember a time that was not Ted Kennedy's finest hour, I hope his last hours are without suffering.

So, because Kennedy authored a crappy peice of legislation, he deserves to die a painful and miserable death?

Come on, Reba... I respect you, but you're being a bit cruel here. Lets just leave it at your above comment.

For the record, I don't care for the man, but I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anyone!
I did post that I don't wish cancer for anyone. When I heard the news about Kennedy, I didn't celebrate.

But I don't feel that just because he has cancer that we need to shower him with unearned accolades.

On the human level, cancer is awful, and no one "deserves" it.

On the political stage, Kennedy isn't worthy of praise.

On personal character, there's nothing to admire in him.

He did tried to rescue her and failed.
No, he didn't try to rescue her. He left the scene, walked past other houses and a fire station, not stopping for help. The first people he contacted for "help" were his lawyers, not rescue personnel. From the very beginning, he lied about the circumstances, time line, and events.
http://www.ytedk.com/chapter3.htm

Back