Doctor Says Woman Has Sleep-Sex Disorder

Nancy

Reaction score
Doctor Says Woman Has Sleep-Sex Disorder

URL: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...fe_st/sleep_sex

CANBERRA, Australia - A woman seduced and had sex with strangers while she slept and later had no recollection of her infidelities due to a sleeping disorder, her Sydney doctor said Thursday.

The middle-aged woman had no idea that she was sneaking from her house at night in search of sex with random strangers until her partner awoke, discovered she was missing from the bedroom, and found her having sex with another man, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital sleep medicine physician Peter Buchanan told The Sydney Morning Herald.

Her partner was already aware that she was a sleep walker and also had been confounded by condoms he found strewn around the house, Buchanan said.

Buchanan will discuss the case when he lectures on sleep sex — the disorder has yet to be given a formal title — at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian Sleep Association in Sydney at the weekend.

"It is very complex, elaborated motor behavior during sleep," Buchanan told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio Thursday.

"People are often stunned and overwhelmed when they're told what they've been doing," he added.

The partners and doctors of people suffering from the disorder often do not believe the acts were committed while they slept, he said.

"It's very stressful both for them, for their partner or for their relationship," Buchanan said. "It also promotes an intense sense of embarrassment on their part, their partner's behalf and this inhibits people coming forward to seek potentially helpful professional intervention."

I'm not sure if I buy this story :ugh: I mean... she gets banged up enough that'll just wake her up! Funny how she remembers how to get back to her own bed.

*cough* :bsflag:

now this is very rare...but of course interesting...lucky i dont know anyone who would have that kind of disorder...or otherwise they would be called "the whore of your dreams"...lol

That is werid, what if she gets murder asking for sex and she doesn't even know what she is doing. :crazy:

Cheri said:
That is werid, what if she gets murder asking for sex and she doesn't even know what she is doing. :crazy:

True.

Most people don't realize they are doing stuffs while sleeping. Of course it's called sleepwalking. At the same time, she could be striving for more sex. I think she has a high sex drive during her sleep period. I don't know, but it could be.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I've heard of stories where sleepwalkers kill people. There was one guy in Texas who killed his girlfriend's parents in his sleep. He drove to their house, killed them, then sat in his truck. The police arrived and found him sleeping on the drivers side. They woke him up and he went into shock when he found blood all over himself. :crazy:

Very interesting the article... Ummm, mmm, I don't think A woman is the Sleep-Sex Disorder. She aware what her planned about having sex with other men. her partner was sleep-disorder. bvecause he was heavy sleep all overnight. In late midnight,there is only sex image for time to tapped him and he tried to get her in hot bed but he realized that her disappear from bed. LOL!! all i assume that.. heheh

But she is sux h*e!

VamPyroX said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I've heard of stories where sleepwalkers kill people. There was one guy in Texas who killed his girlfriend's parents in his sleep. He drove to their house, killed them, then sat in his truck. The police arrived and found him sleeping on the drivers side. They woke him up and he went into shock when he found blood all over himself. :crazy:

I thought he was married to her and murdered his parent in law.. if that the same story you are thinking of? He said he did not remember killing them or even remember driving over there either. He was free as I think.

Cheri said:
I thought he was married to her and murdered his parent in law.. if that the same story you are thinking of? He said he did not remember killing them or even remember driving over there either. He was free as I think.
I think he may still be under observation...though some ppl don't believe he was only sleepwalking...he proably did it for a reason anyway..besides, why did he kill his g/f's parents? because her parents didn't like him or something?

anyone who has that kind of sleep disorder and go out on a killing spree isn't a smart move to excuse them just because of a sleeping disorder and let them go because they may do it to other people, though they would proably fake it that they do have sleeping disorder but...whatever. I think he did it on purose anyway.

Katzie said:
I'm not sure if I buy this story :ugh: I mean... she gets banged up enough that'll just wake her up! Funny how she remembers how to get back to her own bed.

*cough* :bsflag:

:lol: I'll have to concur with your opinion. ;) I find it very hard to believe that a woman would go and have sex without being aware of doing it, etc. :roll:

Back