Do you wear Bifocals?

Angel1989

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have posted this in another thread but thought I might get some more opinions if I start this one.

I have worn bifocals for the last ten years........

I am on my third try getting new bifocal glasses. Every time, I wear them for a few weeks to "try to get use to them". All this does is cause headaches, dizziness and I become nauseous. I did some research on "how to get use to bifocals" and it says to wear them all day, every day for a full week, or maybe even longer.

Since I became deaf, I have pretty bad balance issues. Plus after breaking my leg, I watch very carefully where I walk. Well, with bifocals this does not work very well.

I am going back in and they are going to replace my lenses with the bifocal part lower. I would really like to know what others might do in this situation. Should I just give up and get two pairs of glasses, one for reading, one for everything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am supposed to wear them but I wear half glasses instead. Works much better for me.

no-line or line bifocals lens? I had worn line bifocal glasses long time ago. I dislike it because my neck hurt while reading. Changed to progressive lens (No-Line Bifocal lens) That s much better.

no-line or line bifocals lens? I had worn line bifocal glasses long time ago. I dislike it because my neck hurt while reading. Changed to progressive lens (No-Line Bifocal lens) That s much better.

They are no-line progressive also photogray.

Wirelessly posted

I am currently waiting for my new glasses. They will be my first Bifocals ever. I hope I can get used to them quickly. I will let you guys know how it works for me. Any pointers or tips on how to wear them and use them will be greatly appreciated.

Babyblue.....good luck!!! Only thing I can say is IF when you put your glasses on and things seem just not right, make sure you have them check your prescription repeatedly if necessary. You don't want to go through "getting use to them period" only to find out the RX is wrong. I can see really well, just dizzy, headache and nauseous. If the bifocal part is not very strong you probably will do well. I'm going to try one more time with new lenses and if that does not work I give up!!!!

Wirelessly posted

Angel1989 said:
Babyblue.....good luck!!! Only thing I can say is IF when you put your glasses on and things seem just not right, make sure you have them check your prescription repeatedly if necessary. You don't want to go through "getting use to them period" only to find out the RX is wrong. I can see really well, just dizzy, headache and nauseous. If the bifocal part is not very strong you probably will do well. I'm going to try one more time with new lenses and if that does not work I give up!!!!

I asked for Bifocals since I find myself putting my single vision glasses on my head to read the scripts and typing on the computer. Then putting them on my face when I move around. I will definately have them check and recheck since they ordered it wrong in the first place.

I got some bifocals at an eye Dr. office and when I went to pick them up my
eyes Dr. was off and I saw another DR. he said "aren't you HOH , " I told him "yes" . The Dr. then said " bifocals are not good for people that are HOH as it could made their balance worst" I wish I was told that before I had the glasses made , as I could not wear them. I only need glasses for reading.

i did use them now got multifocal..tried two pairs but kept losing one or the other..i wondering if this making neck hurt because swan neck position you use without realising

Wirelessly posted

My mother has Trifocals and she said it takes time to get used to them but once you do train your eyes to look through the different focal points you dont notice.

My mom wears them and has done for years. She won't have anything but bifocals.

She recently got a new pair and has said its very strange and causes her headaches.

I got some bifocals at an eye Dr. office and when I went to pick them up my
eyes Dr. was off and I saw another DR. he said "aren't you HOH , " I told him "yes" . The Dr. then said " bifocals are not good for people that are HOH as it could made their balance worst" I wish I was told that before I had the glasses made , as I could not wear them. I only need glasses for reading.

That's interesting. I'm gonna research as my mom said if I ever need glasses, your better of getting bifocals.

Day 5 and still not good!!!! I have definietly given it a good go. I thought things would be at least a little better by now:-(

I have been wearing bifocals for the last 20 years or so. I use progressive (no line) bifocals and all has been well. I did have about a month where I had to adjust, I fell down stairs and such during that period.

After about 8 years, when getting my 4th pair of bi-focals, they made them wrong and I fell again. Went back and found they were made incorrectly. I was given all my money back and they made a new pair and fired the lady arguing with me on the spot.

I used to wear bifocals (no-line progressives) until I had surgery for my distance vision. I never had any problem with them. Now I wear just reading or computer glasses.

Wirelessly posted

Still waiting for them to call me to pick up my bifocals. If I do not get a call by Tmw noon. I will call them.

I feel a little lost in this conversation. But... I do wear prescription glasses. 24/7 as one eye is near sighted and the other far. Plus an astigmatism.

Today I went back to the place that made my glasses. I wanted then to lower the bifocal part on my glasses with the new lenses. They determined I need to see the ophthalmologist again. Waiting for them to schedule another appointment.

Back