Do you wear Bifocals?

I'm up for new glasses also...had surgery on the right 2 months ago...but cannot have surgery on the left until it's determined that I don't have fluid behind the right eye first....(next month)...my vision is still off somewhat...I have around 5 pairs of glasses that I can't wear right now....and when I get the new ones, hopefully no problems!...Will again have to get another pair after the left eye surgery....seems it never ends....

So guessing I'll go for bi-focals, since I'll have to get new glasses after the surgery on the left eye...am thinking (to save $$)...just go for the lens and use my own frames that I have...

I just hope they can fix whatever needs to be done so I can have glasses that don't make me nauseous. It's been such a long time trying to get this taken care of.

Good luck RR!!!

carlos.jpg

i have bifocals for study, only for study, and i switch back to normal glasses for essay typing (UNLESS I have to type a quote from book)...I can only tolerate bifocals for couple hours...its a hassle to walk around with that on

I gave up on the new glasses over the weekend. I saw the eye doctor today. He did another exam and switched my prescription around hoping I can tolerate it. New glasses will be ready in 7-10 days. I hope they work this time!!!

I wear bifocal glasses as long as I am awake. I used them for a long time since I was about 40 years old when I started having eye problems. I changed bifocals every 5 or more years to get new bifocal glasses. I have to have prescription glasses with bifocals. Pretty soon I will have to get another set of new bifocal glasses again. :)

No, also I'm 25 and too younger to get bifocal.

I wear power 125 bifocals when reading things up close (I have to). My optometrist explained that one of my eyes had been hit by something and scarred up pretty bad. I wear them over prescription contacts.

I would like to learn more about lasik surgery though.

On another note, my mother had cataract surgery at Emory last month and lost her vision in that eye almost immediately after the surgery. An infection grew and she had to be taken back. They think the operating instruments were not sterile :shock:

Anyways, the infection is gone, but she still cannot see out of that eye :( we are hoping it returns.

I wear power 125 bifocals when reading things up close (I have to). My optometrist explained that one of my eyes had been hit by something and scarred up pretty bad. I wear them over prescription contacts.

On another note, my mother had cataract surgery at Emory last month and lost her vision in that eye almost immediately after the surgery. An infection grew and she had to be taken back. They think the operating instruments were not sterile :shock:

Anyways, the infection is gone, but she still cannot see out of that eye :( we are hoping it returns.

God that is awful what happened to your mom. That surgery is fairly simple and quick. If they messed up I hope you make them pay. I had RK surgery 20 years ago and am not a cannidate for lasik. My eye doctor tells me now that the incisions from the RK surgery after a long time dry out and my vision fades in and out. Also causes dry eyes.

Oh really, I have cataract so I think that I will be too hesitate for surgery. :ugh:

God that is awful what happened to your mom. That surgery is fairly simple and quick. If they messed up I hope you make them pay. I had RK surgery 20 years ago and am not a cannidate for lasik. My eye doctor tells me now that the incisions from the RK surgery after a long time dry out and my vision fades in and out. Also causes dry eyes.

It's been a nightmare for her, but she is trying to stay brave.

I am trying to remember when I got my first bifocals. It was sometime in the 1980's probably. I had no real problems getting used to them. But, the one time I tried progressives I did not like what it did to perifical (sp) vision when trying to look to the side. Such as checking cross traffic when driving. I have been told they have since improved that. I have since gone to lined trifocals.

When I first got single vision glasses back in high school (late 1950's) I was inclined to take my glasses of when eating and going down stairs. I have long used a cord on my glasses and sometimes find myself taking them off when walking.

Thought some of you might find what some relatives of mine did of interest.

An aunt of mine who got bifocals rather than taking reading glasses on and off and had her doctor say that she was the first woman he had that wanted to wear her glasses all the time before she had to. That was so long ago that when if was may have had something to do with his reaction.

Then there was a cousin of my dad's (what does that make him to me?). He owned an auto repair shop/gas station and had a bifocal type section put at the top of his work glasses for use when under cars. That was at the time when they could still get under some cars using a "creeper" (plywood on wheels to lay on under cars).

...Then there was a cousin of my dad's (what does that make him to me?). He owned an auto repair shop/gas station and had a bifocal type section put at the top of his work glasses for use when under cars. That was at the time when they could still get under some cars using a "creeper" (plywood on wheels to lay on under cars).
Yes, that's popular with mechanics and assembly workers.

Hi i too wear bifocals mine are no line bifocals better than ones with line make me dizzy and headache too have good day :)

Hi i am new here i got no line bifocals they better no line to make me dizzy or headache :) have nice day

Well I picked up my remade glasses yesterday and I thought they were good. Today I have a really bad headache, flashing color spots and nauseous. I don't know what else to do. If my old pair were not so scratched up I think I would just give up!!!!!!!

I asked them to just copy the prescription I have now and that is what was suppose to happen.....no such luck. God I am so tired of this.

Autofocus glasses would be really nice. I'm sure someday it will happen in the future, anything is possible.

Back