Votes: 24 88.9%
  • Neutral: Explain why?

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pinky

Reaction score
What is your opinion? I saw someone's post a comment about Deafness is a disease. And other members disagree with guy's post.

Can you explain do you think deafness is a disease or not?

No, I think it is just one way of being.

Some forms of deafness can be caused by disease, but the deafness itself is not a disease.

Any qualified doctor would say that deafness is not a disease.

Deafness is not a disease, it is not life threatening and not serious. It is just being unable to hear.

Deafness might be caused by a disease but it's not a disease in and of itself.

I knew a girl that was HOH because her tonsils were removed , the doctor
cut her tonsils wrong! .

cut her tonsils wrong! .

Nonsense! Her parents probably neglected infection, which spread up the eustatian tube to cause problems in the middle ear. Thus causing conductive loss.

The removal of the tonsils does NOT cause deafness.

cut her tonsils wrong! .

:confused: I have never heard of such thing..the removal of tonsils causing deafness. I have studied audiology and the causes of deafness..never once that was mentioned .

Not a disease. Not a sickness. Just a different way of being.

Well, that's where it makes no sense.

Deafness OR blindness is not considered a "disease" but I don't understand exactly what defines a "disease." If deafness or blindness is an impairment of health, then it should be called a "disease" but it's not exactly the way it's defined. Not even doctors would call it a "disease." Is mental retardation a "disease?"

I dunno.

Deafness is not infectious nor can it be transmitted. Just an opinion, not an authority.

It's not a disease at all, deafness does not create any type of damage, it is a consequence from different possible causes, including disease.

Back