do you marry deaf person or hearing person?

Katzie said:
Opposite attraction works wonders sometimes huh?

I definetly agreed!

Wendy

in my life.. I have had few date with both hearing and deaf..

and have had steady bf in past 4 times 2 time with deaf and 2 with hearing.. now I married to hearing guy..

Personally I don't see any difference between hearing and deaf... as long I am comfortable speaking with my own soulmate... if He can patiences etc..

husband now learning basic sign language since my baby everett learn how to sign mama and dada.. (he use universal mama/dada) He's too cute!

Husband also say no (full hand not two fingers) to everett lol I said 2 he said let me use my own sign I laughed he's too cute..

He does not know all sign so some of my deaf friends can speak so my husband can speak clearly and made sure that he spoke clearly and slow (not too slow or fast)... so that is good, If a person doesn't understand him they either ask me to see what he or she said which is rarely to asked..

Wendy

I have dated deaf and hearing. My ex bf was hearing and knew sign language and he is now ob gyn dr that helps hearing, deaf and spanish women. What a lucky guy.

I married my DH, he is deaf (grew up oral) and he just learned how to sign in 92. He has some homemade signs that he just makes up which is more funnier. Been married 6 1/2 yrs now, but known each other for 10 yrs.

he has a lot of patience as he learns more signs everyday and signs to our two hearing boys. I would date anyone who is willing to participate to learn how to sign for the communication reason.

deaf or hearing spouse

I have enjoyed reading all of these responses. Speaking from a hearing side who dated a deaf man, I learned so much about deaf culture! It was very eye opening for me. The blunt way of speaking and the teasing were two things I kind of had trouble with. The communication was pretty good but as I learn to sign better ASL, I knew it could be better. I realize not all men are alike and that goes for deaf men too, but I felt kind of smothered by him. He seemed very dependent on someone helping him do simple enough things like make a medical appointment or find out the details of his medical insurance... and he is in his 40's! I talked to a deaf girlfriend of mine and she was of the opinion that most deaf men are clingy and dependent and she doesn't like dating them. I hope this isn't true. I love ASL and I find it to be one of my favorite ways to "express," and I like the way HE can express back!

When, and if, I do meet another man. I think I would like him to be deaf and enjoy being in both the deaf and hearing world. What a great way to share.

xx :wave:

Wow, mostly of them married to hearing guys...

Im not married yet, but my boyfriend is hearing, he is very patient guy and learn sign language for me *grins* what sweet of him *chuckles*

hola i am new here

cokewife72 said:
Hello everyone, do you marry deaf person or hearing person? I married a hearing husband but he know sign language so good. I am deaf and proud of it. I married a deaf man but we ended up divorced. He was creep!

Cokewife

( I am not doing coke, I am big fan of Coca Cola and my husband work for Coca Cola. that why I use cokewife! smile

hola! i am going to marry a hoh guy soon! heh :angel:

PurpleRose71 said:
I dated a lot of deafies but ended up marrying a hearing guy -- am still married to him today. 6 years and nearly 2 months. :D

hey my fav color is purple too so i guess that u love puple color too cuz i saw that fairy pic icon it is so cool! where can i find those kind of fairy and also how can i put those pic icon in mine? thanks :ty:

Deaf person

Because deaf people fuck better hearing people. :boink:

And where did THAT comment come from? You must have (obviously) meant that as a joke.

Last edited:
Well because

I was just giving out my opinion.

I think hearing men are too strict and less fun to have sex with.
They make a big deal out of their sperm cum out.

But deaf men are more playful and more fun to have sex with.
:)

oh sheesh :roll: whatever

ive been with both hearie or deaf -- i personally prefer deaf cuz better understanding and knows the culture

I'd say something about this thread, but I just know my opinion about Hearing/Hard of Hearing/Deaf marriages will piss off everyone. So, I'll just keep it to myself and apply it to only myself.

I married to hearing man for 22 years and been together for 26 years. We communicate with each other very well.

Well.....I would prefer either deaf or hard of hearing, mostly because it's kinda hard to get along in the romance department orally when aids and CIs get in the way :mrgreen:

TTT said:
I was just giving out my opinion.

I think hearing men are too strict and less fun to have sex with.
They make a big deal out of their sperm cum out.

But deaf men are more playful and more fun to have sex with.
:)
Ok, whatever.

Meg said:
I was married to a hearing man and in the end, we got divorced because he could not handle my Deaf Culture. He wanted me to be totally immersed into the Hearing Community so to speak.

Now Im single and have been dating both deaf and hearing men. I find it much more easier with a deaf man but there are not many educated deaf male professionals around here so I can't be too limited. Next time if I do date a hearing man again, I will insist that he learn ASL and meet my deaf friends to see if he can handle it or not. I refuse to give up my identity again.

AMEN!

I have been married to a hearing man for a year and a half so far. I am so much in love with him. We speak and sign to each other.

Yes, sometimes its tricky.. like he needs to learn that I dont always know if Im being loud or too quiet. I want him to learn to sign more fluently.. but it doesnt matter, because we are the same inside. ;)

I am deaf....rather to be with a deaf or hoh man. Because I learned my big lesson from my past that I was dating a lot of hearing and it was some huge mistakes so I like to date deaf or hoh guys that I can communicate with and understand about deaf culture.

I am married to hearing guy for almost 3 years and been together for 4 years. He is wonderful to me and he said once, he is glad that he doesn't have to worry about me hearing his snoring at night. :giggle:

Back