do you marry deaf person or hearing person?

:applause: I am hearing, I am a child of deaf parent's. I found I always got along better with the deaf and hard of hearing, than I did with hearing people. The deaf and hard of hearing always seemed more honest than the hearing.

I did marry a deaf man, it will be 27 years this coming October. I learned to sign when I was 4 years old, so we didn't have a problem with communicating with each other.

We have 2 hearing daughters, as babies, when they learned to say a new word, we would teach them the sign that goes with that word. Today they both sign fluently.

We can't forget our little foster son Tiger, who is deaf and 8 years old. When we took him in, he couldn't sign at all. My husband and I taught him to sign and for the last 3 years he has been signing fluently.

Life is great with my deaf/hearing family.
;)

CODAchild said:
:applause: I am hearing, I am a child of deaf parent's. I found I always got along better with the deaf and hard of hearing, than I did with hearing people. The deaf and hard of hearing always seemed more honest than the hearing.

I did marry a deaf man, it will be 27 years this coming October. I learned to sign when I was 4 years old, so we didn't have a problem with communicating with each other.

We have 2 hearing daughters, as babies, when they learned to say a new word, we would teach them the sign that goes with that word. Today they both sign fluently.

We can't forget our little foster son Tiger, who is deaf and 8 years old. When we took him in, he couldn't sign at all. My husband and I taught him to sign and for the last 3 years he has been signing fluently.

Life is great with my deaf/hearing family.
;)

Wow, thats wonderful.

There are also more hearing men and women than deaf men/women, so that may be why it's hard to find deaf people to marry, and that deaf people tend to marry hearing more often.

I'm not married yet, but will be married soon.. He's deaf also.. I'm not sure if I know how to date hearing men anymore.. last time I dated a hearing guy was when I was 16.. now I'm 30.. But now I'm settled down with my deaf fiance.. I think I'll stay with that.. heh

cokewife72 said:
Hello everyone, do you marry deaf person or hearing person? I married a hearing husband but he know sign language so good. I am deaf and proud of it. I married a deaf man but we ended up divorced. He was creep!

Cokewife

( I am not doing coke, I am big fan of Coca Cola and my husband work for Coca Cola. that why I use cokewife! smile
I'm profound deaf, and I married a profound deaf gentleman. Been married for almost 8 years now. :thumb:

I have dated both hearing and deaf men, and I did "better" with the Deaf because of communication.

Mine is opposite always tho of married to hoh but ended up marrying to deaf. Really, I do not expect that happened.

what different does it make, if men are hearing or deaf, they don't listen anyway.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
what different does it make, if men are hearing or deaf, they don't listen anyway.
I disagree. My man listens to me. He's a good listener. I guess I'm lucky. :D

either i would

but i was engaged to a hearing man but it didn't work out oh well
but i am happy

ill marry who ever i fall in love with, deaf or hearing.

AJ said:
ill marry who ever i fall in love with, deaf or hearing.

I'm hearing, but I feel the same way. I don't care about anything other than a person's heart.

I was married to a hearing impaired man for 7 1/2 years. He was a headache to begin with...no adventure, no social life, no goals. I divorced him. I ended up falling in love with a hearing woman who has it all! It was hard at first..I admit..but she's a very good listener, and wants to be involved in both worlds. I have been with her for more than 4 years, and I can't be more happier!

So it all depends who you are going with, deaf or hearing. :)

Just got married to a wonderful Deaf guy I met at college. I did date a hearing guy AND a deaf guy in high school (not at the same time), but nothing ever came out of it.

I'm very happy with my husband and can't imagine life without him. :kiss:

I have never married as I'm still single. I have dated hearing guys and dated deaf or HH guys.

I have dated one hearing guy and he is slow learning. So it doesn't matter to me as long as he treated me good and respect me. :)

My Bf (starrygaze) is profound deaf. He can't talk but i don't mind cuz i love him the way he is. :)

my bf was married to an interpreter.

i have married to hearing man communication poor alot misunderstanding, remarried to deaf husband now, unhappy, oh well, some of u re right not matter deaf and hearing as long as they got not only communicate, also listeners, understanding and respect each other :/

Been married twice. Both ex-husband and current husband Deaf. 1st Deaf Hubby was married for 9 and half years then bam! wanted a divorce (found out he was having an affair...go figure!). Very work alcoholic and work all time...less time with wife. Thank heavens NO kids with him! :nono:

Now am married again for 2nd time to another Deaf guy. Been married almost 3 years in November. I have Deaf step-daughter who is 11 now (pre-teen...yikes!) and am adopting a baby boy in November of this year. Life has never been better. :dance2:

Don't matter if marry hearing or Deaf....Important what? is COMMUNICATION!and follow your feelings!

cokewife72 said:
Hello everyone, do you marry deaf person or hearing person? I married a hearing husband but he know sign language so good. I am deaf and proud of it. I married a deaf man but we ended up divorced. He was creep!

Cokewife

( I am not doing coke, I am big fan of Coca Cola and my husband work for Coca Cola. that why I use cokewife! smile

cokewife72 said:

Cokewife

i am not marry..............YET.....but my bf is deaf *winks*

Back