do you marry deaf person or hearing person?

cokewife72

Reaction score
Hello everyone, do you marry deaf person or hearing person? I married a hearing husband but he know sign language so good. I am deaf and proud of it. I married a deaf man but we ended up divorced. He was creep!

Cokewife

( I am not doing coke, I am big fan of Coca Cola and my husband work for Coca Cola. that why I use cokewife! smile

oh yea i know what u mean!!! hehehe!!

yea i was married to HOH but i am divorced... i am so HAPPY!!!

I always thought I'd marry a deaf or HOH guy. I ended up marrying a hearing guy instead. But he is so sweet to me, and even took time to learn sign language (and he did a good job at it.) :) We've been married almost four years and we are still happy. ;)

I am not married and It wouldn't matter if deaf, hearing, Hoh, CI.. Whatever...;)

I wouldn't mind marrying a hearing gal, but I'd prefer a deaf gal since I can communicate with her and she understands my needs.

I dated a lot of deafies but ended up marrying a hearing guy -- am still married to him today. 6 years and nearly 2 months. :D

I was married to a hearing man and in the end, we got divorced because he could not handle my Deaf Culture. He wanted me to be totally immersed into the Hearing Community so to speak.

Now Im single and have been dating both deaf and hearing men. I find it much more easier with a deaf man but there are not many educated deaf male professionals around here so I can't be too limited. Next time if I do date a hearing man again, I will insist that he learn ASL and meet my deaf friends to see if he can handle it or not. I refuse to give up my identity again.

Been married to both and don't see any significant differences....for me, anyway....

I'm deaf and I've dated a lot of deaf guys, but ended up marrying to my hearing husband. He picked up sign language from me and he's doing remarkably well at it. We have known each other for 10 years this month and been married for 3 1/2 years now. :mrgreen:

I´m deaf and married to deaf for 19 years now.

I´ve dated few of hearing but I prefer Deaf, HOH oder CI due communciation.

I was married to a hearing man for 15 years and in June, our divorce was final...It has nothing to do with my Deafness but he became an abusive man which it was hard to live with....Now, I have a hard of hearing boyfriend who is nothing like the man I married....

It really doesn't matter who I married whether he's Deaf, Hearing, Blind, etc....as long he has the personality that knows how to treat a lady right!

I am profoundly deaf, and married to a hearing husband.

We are still together for 17 years but speaking from my experience I wish my husband is deaf as we are totally opposite in life but respect and trust each other's. He is nice bloke.

I am married to a deaf man. In my early youth, I grew up thinking I would end up marrying a hearing person because I didn't like all of my deaf male friends due to their crass humor so I told myself, "well you haven't met a deaf guy you like, you better move over to hearing to test the water out..." [I was isolated in a SUPER small world... didn't realize there are more deaf fish in the wide ocean! ;-) ]

After reading all of those posts in this thread... I have been asking the question myself. I really want to find a deaf gal to get married, but the problem is there's not much of choices if you narrowed your search to deafies, comparing to the hearing sides. So quick question... Is it worth to wait for the right "deaf" woman, or go ahead and marry hearing and enjoy the marry life? Half of me say to wait and see what time will tell, or look at the best of now, and marry? TO be honest, its hard to find those educated deaf people like Meg mentioned in her post above.

Nightwarriorjin

Just follow your heart.....and marry the one you have now, you might die tomorrow and don't think about waiting for an educated
deaf woman to come along because you might be waiting forever.

Make the most of your life today, after all you have only one life.

however, if a eductaed deaf woman does enter in life later then follow your hearts desire :)

Back