Do you like spicy food?

Of course. I like jalapenos and hot sauce mostly. Habanero is good when paired with mangos.

Hot spicy thai noodles i have it every week, sometime i make my own thai chicken curry (green)...yum!

Hot spicy thai noodles i have it every week, sometime i make my own thai chicken curry (green)...yum!

I like Thai food too, but I don't like coconut milk, so I stay away from most of thai curry; that's why I prefer Indian curry over thai curry. Indian food doesn't use coconut milk in their curry sauces. I do like the thai food that doesn't have coconut milk in it, like basil beef. Thai food has a great spicy kick.

I'm not crazy into very spicy foods, can't stand it... I'm okay with mild spicy food.

Oh, AmyLynne, that is hysterically funny! She's not over-reacting either! :P

I screamed when she took that second bite. I couldn't believe it. She'd obviously started to experience the heat. I'm yelling "no no no what are you doing?!?!?!" That stuff doesn't hit you with its full force right away.

I think some heat makes food taste better, but I like to stay a little short of physical pain. I'm really curious, given how intensely bad that can hurt, if eating those things could do real physical harm. I've never heard of that happening. It would be interesting to know how that stuff works.

That's impressive. Makes me think of a youtube video of a woman who didn't do so well with that. She's talking about eating healthy, substituting fruits instead of candy, and eats a habanero thinking it was a cherry.

Girl Eats A Habanero Thinking Its Was A cherry. - YouTube

(the automated captions are a joke, so I typed up as much as I could stand.)

So I went to the store and I just want you to know that just like candy, you can have different types of fruits.

This is just, like, mango slices. okay? And then you could have, like, I got some blueberries. They're good, yum yum yum yum yum. (eats blueblerries)

And then, oops. oh man. I dropped my cherries. (eats cherries) All right, there's cherries, got your bananas, and, uh, I forgot what kind of cherry this is. (holding a habanero) But isn't it cute? Ok, so you have all kinds of different type of, and, they're all good for you, so make sure you try some sometime! (eats habanero) Ok. Ok, this is probably a pepper. Peppers are- (can't speak - spends the rest of the video saying it's hot and asking for water etc. She's in too much pain, I couldn't watch the whole thing.)

drinking water will make it much worse. it literally spreads fire all over her mouth.

biting on seed will just make it burn baby burn. that's why I remove seeds before eating hot peppers.

I screamed when she took that second bite. I couldn't believe it. She'd obviously started to experience the heat. I'm yelling "no no no what are you doing?!?!?!" That stuff doesn't hit you with its full force right away.

I think some heat makes food taste better, but I like to stay a little short of physical pain. I'm really curious, given how intensely bad that can hurt, if eating those things could do real physical harm. I've never heard of that happening. It would be interesting to know how that stuff works.

yes it can cause physical harm to your gastrointestinal tissue and skin but that's if you eat world hottest pepper :lol:

it's so hot that just by touching it will burn :lol:

drinking water will make it much worse. it literally spreads fire all over her mouth.

biting on seed will just make it burn baby burn. that's why I remove seeds before eating hot peppers.

Yeah, natural inclination, looking for relief, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Then when she went to drink that soda, I just put my head in my hands.

I remember learning that eating is better than drinking (don't eat more hot stuff, just mild foods) and that dairy can help.

Yeah, natural inclination, looking for relief, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Then when she went to drink that soda, I just put my head in my hands.

I remember learning that eating is better than drinking (don't eat more hot stuff, just mild foods) and that dairy can help.

be careful not to touch your eyes or nose after handling a dang hot pepper :lol:

Oh no, you sound like you write from experience:shock:

:lol:

just a wise warning from my friend who ate one of the world hottest pepper in Fiji Islands. let me show you how small it is. you have to hold it by the stem and carefully bite it or you'll need a fire extinguisher :lol:

the_hottest_pepper_ever.jpg

Hard core.

I have a friend who cooks with alot of hot peppers. Not that one, but hot enough. She wears gloves in the kitchen.

Hard core.

I have a friend who cooks with alot of hot peppers. Not that one, but hot enough. She wears gloves in the kitchen.

:lol: very wise

any idea what cuisine?

She does lots of different things, I think she probably changes or adds to recipes or makes up her own. When I think of her I think of southwestern (U.S.) cooking, but I know she's into cajun stuff too. But then she makes a mean hot and sour soup, so she's kind of all over the map.

She does lots of different things, I think she probably changes or adds to recipes or makes up her own. When I think of her I think of southwestern (U.S.) cooking, but I know she's into cajun stuff too. But then she makes a mean hot and sour soup, so she's kind of all over the map.

hot damn! I likey!

Oh no, you sound like you write from experience:shock:

I bought little chillies (very hot ones) at the supermarket, and I'd cut them up very finely and add them to food. Gave it a nice added kick, but not too much because they were spread around. Next day, gf goes to do the dishes and washes the cutting board. Halfway through, she rubs her eye.

I heard this really strange noise from downstairs and went to investigate: it was her moaning in pain! I realized what she'd done and made an improvised eye bath - the big plastic cap from a toothpaste pump, filled it with slightly warm water, and told her to keep using it.

A few minutes later she was okay.

I love hot food: Indian curry, Caribbean curry, Thai food, wasabi, buffalo wings, chilli, kung pao. I keep a good selection of hot sauces and seasonings in my cupboard to 'improve' my food.

Mmmm spicy food... ate a ghost chilli once on a dare... it was terrible... still like spicy food! Just not melt my throat and tongue spicy... =/

Back