Do you have single mom/dad?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
If so, how do u deal with it? And why did either one left you and/or your siblings.

If you are a single parent with kids..how do u deal with the situaton and etc.

I'm adopted. My real mom was 15 and single when she had me. My parents now are already married so I can't comment much on that.

WildKaTReSS said:
If you are a single parent with kids..how do u deal with the situaton and etc.

I am A Single Mom for 9 years And I have lived with my son' father for a year or so he never helped me with our son or even pay half of anything and I lost alot alot.. my brand new car my apt. everything.. He would always hit the bar drinking and doing drugs I finally end up leaving him after his 3rd time in Jail. It has not been easy I lived with my dad for a couple months and Have lived with Twin sister for a few months too.. and then finally I got my own place I worked real hard to support my boys and even when I was pregnant...with my second child i was the only one getting up every 3 hours feeding him changing him and even working. I have not gotten any child support from the father but only 1,200.00 and he owes over 10,000.00 I know I cant depend on the child support so I had to do whatever it takes to Support my Children Alone. and I did a great job I see myself as a Great Mother to my boys They are the best thing that is in my life and I would never trade them for anything in the world no matter how life is tough. There are always ways to work it out even If I try hard. :)

I am retired with my 4 grown up children. They have their own kids already. LOL I have my own 3 grandsons so far. :)

Yup - My parents divorced when we were three so I would have to say that I grew up with a single mom who basically raised us twins and my cousins (her sister's two daughters as well.) People would think that my mom had triplets *me, my twin and our cousin who's 12 days older than us* It was us four girls - imagine living in a bedroom with four beds - it was always a battlefield!
It was hell for her but she managed to get thur with us. We visited our father every other weekend and dad did his job with child support as well. I truly :bowdown: my mother for bearing with us even during our rebel years and I've realized she've done her best to keep us well-fed, all that. Thanks, mom! :mrgreen:

I was used to be single mom when My eldest son when he young.
Single mom was taking 2 years and nice managed fully with my 1st child..
without child-support.. doesn't mind at all Least Im not worry about ex!
At last long, Im very happy and have my own child (1st) in my life.

Then found mr right guy become seriouis relationship 10 years then married the most recent from 2001's

I've seen single mother who battle struggle their lifestyles and uneasy being manged how much without child support. Of course I do certainally understand how much your hands are tied up fully.. Hope you will find a way somehow and better.

CyberRed said:
I am retired with my 4 grown up children. They have their own kids already. LOL I have my own 3 grandsons so far. :)

What? U already become grandmother? Myself thought u were young lady. The way ur talking sound energic and forever young. :eek2:

Lasza said:
What? U already become grandmother? Myself thought u were young lady. The way ur talking sound energic and forever young. :eek2:

Yeah I already became grandmother startin' in 1997. Lots of experience and live long life. :)

My parents divorced - I was 2. I lived with my mom, but my father took me on weekends, came to see me, came to events, you know...they always did things together.

Mom got married again, and so did dad....

Guess I can say they're married, just not to each other. :)

Malfoyish

My mother is single and never been married. I was rasied by my grandparents (my mother's side). Wish I can answer this if I know my life looks like if my single mother raises me instead of my grandparents.

Lasza said:
My mother is single and never been married. I was rasied by my grandparents (my mother's side). Wish I can answer this if I know my life looks like if my single mother raises me instead of my grandparents.
Do you hold anger toward to your mother for giving you up? Does she ever visit you?

Cheri said:
Do you hold anger toward to your mother for giving you up? Does she ever visit you?

I used be angry but not anymore. Feel tired of feel angry daily. Even my mother still refuse tell me the truth about why did she gave up on me right after I born. Let her deal with her mistake not mine.

Yes, she visited and enjoy watch me grow up. But I credited my grandparents for raised me most of my life.

My parents got a divorce back when Cheri and I were in high school...My dad left her and we lived with my mom and visit my dad sometimes.....then things became worse when Cheri and I live with my mom...so I left and live with my dad .....

My dad got remarried before Cheri and I finished high school ...then my mom remarried after Cheri and I had children ourselves..

In time I will be able to forgive my mom.....( Its a long story , I rather not to say )....

My sister, Cheri is still a single mom and she is doing a wonderful job at it!....

*Hugs* way to go sis!...

my mom was divorced when i was 3 months old in Arizona.. then moved with my mom to Minnesota.. grew up hare all my life with my mom.. finally my mom meet a guy when i was 11 yrs old.. got married.. then my dad adopt me :D

I'm single father myself growing my son alone since he's 2 months old.. now he's 21 months old...

Hard to be single father.. it's not easy.. I always struggle through time... cleaning the whole house... do repairs on house, mowing lawn, blowing snow.. full time Job... taking 1 class at college.. AMEN to that!

My big sister will be the first single-mom in our root family. Actually, she is adopted two babies from USSR.

illustrator said:
My big sister will be the first single-mom in our root family. Actually, she is adopted two babies from USSR.
USSR? what is USSR? FYI the country name changed....

Mom divorced my dad when I was seven years old. My dad didn't leave me. Mom and my half-brother (his stepson) left him.

[shrug] I don't know how one is supposed to deal with that. I thought my parents' relationship was normal, you know? I never really associate my parents to the concept of "parents" as in BOTH roles... I only know "parent", singular. I do have a lot of unresolved issues with both of my parents but [shrug] it does have a major influence in my love life. I don't want to get married at all. I have a very twisted sense of what "love" is because i dont grow up seeing one life-lasting love (mom: many boyfriends after divorcing my dad so I don't believe that anybody can love somebody else enough to last a lifetime... sad, i know) so I only know one type of love: unconditional love of family and friends.

I don't think single parent is good idea. It give very hard life. It's important to have a team who can help each - show support for their kids as long as their love are strong. Important is faith each other.

Unlike my big sister - she seem have plenty time and very weathly - sadly, couldn't find future husband. So, she decide to adopted for herself to create her own family. I hope that work out for her.

Back