Do you ever sleep with your HAs on (or off)

I get the itchy ear thing too. My ear wax is kinda clear and thin and a dries crusty. If I scrape it off, it often leaves me ear sore, and itchier than it was before. I have found that abit of polysporin on a q-tip to rub in my canal at night helps alot.

I almost fell asleep with my HA but i kept hearing banging noises so it kept waking me up so I decide not to go back to sleep. It was 1pm

it is VERY difficult for me to get much sleep if I leave my hearing aid on. Enough noise around is distracting enough for me. EVen if it's just a small quiet sound, if my hearing aid picks up on it it bugs me haha.

I normally take my CI off when I go to sleep... but there has been times that I fell asleep with my CI on. And there were times while I have fallen asleep with CI on, strange noises have woken me up. I have to have Absolute silence to be able to go to sleep....and stay asleep, and in order to do that... I have to have CI off.... It's how I've been sleeping ever since I was born, lol

I like the silence while i am asleep.... My hearing house mate loves the fact i take my ears out at nights... She doesn't need to keep quiet!

I sleep with one on. I still have a 3 year old who I need to hear in case she needs to go to the potty in the middle of the night.
My free ear is the one I use with my pillow, so basically I stay sleeping on one side only.

I have to take my hearing aids out or I'll never get any sleep! :roll: If there's something that I have to be made aware of, Snickers (pictured below with me and Scorch) will wake me up. Besides, sleeping with a pistol under my pillow is NOT an option nor is calling 911 everytime something goes bump in the night! :Ohno: I'm a guy and ya know, I'd never hear the end of it if I did either one of those!

Another reason is that the aids press against my ears and head and gives me a headache.

You don't want to be around me when that happens! :eek3:

I always get my HA off during sleep. Because it's not comfort on my ear and pillow between. I waited for thunderstorm to come our city when I was in bed. I put my CI with coil magnet on and get controller bte off my ear. It was comfort on pillow. I was tired and take my CI off and not want to wait for storm so long.

By the way, CI with magnet and sound processor is the best than my previous HA! I can take a nap with CI on with coil/magnet instead BTE.

Hmph. I take my aids or ld off the minute I am in the door. Ahhhh... sigh.. that's better! I have itchy ears too. I do the creams or have a steroid cream from doc. If it's bad, and it has been, they have me go in for "powder" at the audiologist's office. It is a mist bottle of powder, I get a few puffs - better. I think they said it is a mix of antibiotics and such. I really do prefer the quiet!

I don't sleep with my ha's on ...i have once and i woke up with my ears hurting cuz they had no air flow and they need that sometimes..or at least i do or i get an ear infection...i fall asleep on the couch with them on sometimes or a nap but never to bed at night

It happens to me too.....but sometimes i sleep with my hearing aids on when i am alone in home or room(sometime after i returned to home from school, i locked my room, acting i am changing my school uniform , and i steal this moment to sleep! and keep my HAs on incade someone knocked my door!):naughty:

I prefer to sleep without the hearing aid. But, sometimes when I watched the program on T.V., I fell asleep with my hearing aid on which is very uncomfortable to sleep. It can happen when I get bored or tired of the same old things and trying to stay awake. :lol:

I always fall asleep with my CI on... and them those stupid seaguls wake me up at 4 am.

A quiet sleep must be one of the top advantages of being deaf :D

I never forget to take them off at night because sleeping without them guarantee a great night's sleep. Lots of people have told me that they are jealous of that fact. :P It's one plus to being HOH.

Back