• I'm not deaf and I care a little

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I'm not deaf and I love music in ASL

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
I only like songs signed in PSL i know i know ... ASL is better

I just don't like songs signed in ASL at all. because the words don't fallow the flow that the song was ment to have. ASL is better for every day signing but not so good with songs.

edit: I dont like songs in SEE because my eyes cant keep up with it

I only like songs signed in PSL i know i know ... ASL is better

I just don't like songs signed in ASL at all. because the words don't fallow the flow that the song was ment to have. ASL is better for every day signing but not so good with songs.

edit: I dont like songs in SEE because my eyes cant keep up with it

I can't understand the glossing. Straight ASL, fine. But very glossed ASL song is confusing for me.

I love AllyASL's songs.....especially the duet song "Lucky"[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2vDzDKwXug]YouTube - "Lucky" in ASL (DUET!!)[/ame]

I'm hearing and when your hearing songs are generally the most popular method of learning any language. I speak swedish so when I learned Swedish I learned tons of songs because for me (and most hearing people) the patterns and the rhythm really help you remember the words. And when I learned some french in school I learned primarily from songs.

I think hearing people naturally use music as a method of enhancing their memory so I could understand why signing songs would be used in ASL classes.

I'm late-deafened but have been signing music long before I ever had a hearing problem. I don't sign songs as much as I used to now because it does take me longer to learn new songs, timing, words, etc., since I have absolutely no hearing left. I do it more for myself. It's fun to do and it's just another way for me to express myself since I'm an artist. I do get quite a few responses telling me how much people appreciate it; Deaf or hearing. :)

religion song is very soft heart because relax! soft happy! song hear your hearing aid If supposed can hearing music!

Music is an important part of my life because I grew up with music when i was a little girl. I started taking piano lessons when i was about i think 8 years old and I started playing percussion in middle school and i ended up playing the marimba in the Centerville Jazz Band for 3 1/2 years. I think it would be awesome to have ASL being signed in musics because 1) when i listen to music on my ipod, i put lyrics on my ipod to follow along to the music, kind of like reading closed captions. 2) You can express how you feel when you're signing music. 3) if you don't sign the music, how are you going to enjoy it? I mean yeah its rare that not alot of deaf people listen to music, but signing it for others would give them a chance of what the message is about in the lyrics. So, why not try it for a change?

Every now and then someone will sing in ASL, and it's just remarkable. For the most part, people don't do it right and it really looks stupid (no offense to anyone). I often end up yawning and starting a mental shopping list when someone is "signing a song." If I go to church, I refuse to copy an interpreter to "sing" in sign language. I only will sign a song if it's truly in ASL and truly something I can express. Otherwise...*yawns*

Back