Do you believe in second chances?

Marj

Reaction score
Hi!

I was cheated on for so long before I built up some guts to tell him off and to quit cheating on me. He didn't seem to care that he was hurting me so I f-k'ed him over and grabbed a next boyfriend to prove him that I am not going to wait around for him...

That's part of a story from my diary. It was written over a year ago. Now I'm with him again and life has been great. Tis all because I gave him a second chance.

Do you believe in second chances?

Once cheat, always cheat = Once hurt, always pain the ass!

Follow your heart.

Yes, I believe in second chance. I was given second chance when I was in High School. Whew. Long story and I don't want to talk about it again. Sorry. But anyway, I do believe in it. It's like a warning to me. If my boys do something "bad" or anything like that... like "lying to me" or "stealing and not telling me," I warn them and give them only one more chance to see if they learned something about it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, I take away what they want.

About second chance with relationship, I have never had that experience before because I knew I found my guy and I'm married to him.

Yeah. Well, it really depends on why the relationship ended in the first place, and WOULD the relationship get any better?

depends on situation if it was givien 2nd chance... but after all

once a cheater always be cheater.. ;)

2nd chances are a good thing earning trust is another thing, working as a team deffy says it all :)

NOPE cuz there is always doubt or suspicious - trust me .......... the relationship doesnt have the same spark or the connection cuz the trust is gone........you now wonder when they say they are going out with their "friends" or they come home late you wonder.... hmmm hmmmm maybe he is............

i was once a cheater and so far i haven't cheated :p

sure i will provide a second chance if they want to work things out unless its not worse than before but if it is.. tsk :dunno: i dont think i owuld let myself to give another chance if he cannot work it out with me..

Good luck on your relationship. I hope you 2 are happy now and no one will cheat again. I would give someone a 2nd or 3rd chance if I really love the person.

second chance is answer yes for after few months to see if things change or not ... I grew up with my wife ... since we met each other in 81' and we have been break up and got back together over the years along with thousand chances !!! until finally in 95' I move out of state for awhile like 6 years later and ran into my wife before we got married ... she asked me back together again ... while i was engage with someone else from other country... so i had to do the pro and con list and compare. that something hit me with the realized that i have a great heart for my wife ... so it is our first time 6 years aparts !! right now we are pretty good with the marriage . Of course it is so many struggle for us to get through ... Thanks God that She gave me that chances even i return her the chances to share too... I am telling u that sometime the aparts of times like a year or so then see if the chances get better or not ... Won't hurt to try again...

yes i would give 2nd chances AFTER we have had *sat down* and *talk* civilly and express all that needs to be put on the table -- if i get a sense the ex gf who wants a 2nd chance still hasnt learned the mistakes i would not allow it -- just remain friends and be respectful with eachother without the screaming and other BS

but then again there ARE some ex partners that just wont be civil and be an adult with the screaming matches, stalking (either online or IRL) and all that *smh* those are the ones i DEFINATELY WILL NOT give another chance to --

it all depends on WHO they are and the kind of history we had together to begin with

I do believe in second chances if me and other person sit down and discuss thru depend on what situations. Have to chance to learn the lesson than NEVER.
Won't give another chance that make that person might not able to feel the heartbroken or might repeatly with next relationship. That is my theory.

Originally posted by Lasza
I do believe in second chances if me and other person sit down and discuss thru depend on what situations. Have to chance to learn the lesson than NEVER.
Won't give another chance that make that person might not able to feel the heartbroken or might repeatly with next relationship. That is my theory.

*nodding* in agreement -- i totally agree Lasza gurl!!!!! :D

Yes I do believe in 2nd chance but on depend what situation it is... I'd not go for 2nd chance if it's cheater, lairs, etc u named it. If I truly love a person so much and nothing that are on list I'd not go for 2nd chance.. I will go for 2nd chance if we both discuss and work it out for few months to see how we goes.

Yes, I do believe 2nd chance. But if that person cheats on me, It's OVER! I don't want to get hurt and go through those craps. I don't want to waste myself time if that person kept doing cheating on me. Forget it! I would give another chance if we want to sit down and find out what's conflicts in our relationship, discuss. I used to give my ex many chances but I continued hurt myself inside of my heart so I learned my lesson that I don't want to hurt again. If that person that you really love, it's kinda hard!! I had through that before with my first love. But the positive was good experience and learned love. :)

myself, I once had a ex-gf... She cheated on me 3 times. I guess, I gave her another chances. Yes I did. I believed that she can do any better than that. So, On march, I told her many things which it impacted on her. so, She stopped to cheat on me ever since.. and we ended our relationship last summer. We lasted for 9 months.

Second chances for some things yes, but a second chance after cheating is NOT an option.

Back