Do you believe in second chances?

I do believe in second chances, only if it depends on the circumstances.

Second chances should not be easily handed out. If one wants to have a second chance, they need to earn it in order to succeed the second chance to prove it otherwise.

Yes I second that.

i think forgiveness really depends on how well you knwo your own philosophy in life, 9and i dont mean christian thoughts!, i mean PURE self-knowledge that also decide how well you conduct yourself unto others and how it reflects back to you, so in a way its "power" but then again dont get confused with "power to rule" i meant more "power to attract and show inspiration to others - like charisma. So, you you are willing to forgive , you'd have to know WHY you're willing to do so, in the same vain, also have to know why you are not willing to forgive, this spans further than 'trust', i think its more if you can or can not recognise another person's character's ability to develop/grow or wise up. That's what I reckon.

Very, very interesting perspective. Especially the part about where it is more than just trust, but whether or not you can recognize another person's ability to develop and grow. This statement has me thinking now.

I think before you can forgive someone who has cheated on you, you need to find out what caused the cheating from the start.It will not help to just blame the cheater. Have a discussion with your partner to get to the cause so that even if you let her/him gio you can not repeat the same mistake in your next relationship

I usually believe in 2nd chances when I think I'm going to give on one. sometimes you do need to give a person a 2nd chance. soemtimes not.

We all deserve a second chance to find the love we crave. But giving someone second chances is not always easy or simple thing to do. But I think we all do believe in second chances so denpending on the situations. But if about relationship, then If both couples have determined that yes the relationship is fixable. But both couple have to be fully committed to making the changes necessary, then a second chance could work out beautifully. I have known a number of happily married couples that tell tales of huge breakups that almost ended in divorce during the early years of their marriages. However, they were fully committed to fixing the problems and did so. Sometimes it takes losing someone to realize just how much they mean to us. I have also watched dear friends take someone back into their lives over and over again; only to have their heart shattered each time. No matter how much they loved the other person, they could not fix the relationship all by themselves and the other person kept on behaving the same old ways repeating the same old patterns. Without a real commitment to fixing and changing the problems, there is no way the second, third, fourth, or fifth chances are going to make the problems go away. No one said relationships are easy. It take lot of guts for two people willing to changes and give each other second chances. Sometimes we have to changes for the better to make the relationship work better. But it don't just happen over night so it will takes time.

Absolutely, I do believe that there's still a room for second chances but like the others said it depends on the circumstances and the situations..There's no guarantee that ALL people will change because some unwilling to change themselves and continue to repeat the same mistakes while the others do change when they become wiser and more mature..

Since, this topic is on "cheating" and giving that person a second chance, for me it would be very hard to give a second chance to the cheater. I know myself, the thought of him cheating again would always be in the back of my mind with no trust, no confidence and no gurantee a change in the guy who cheats on me. That's just who I am, once a cheater always a cheater.

Giving a second chance to person in general depends on the situation where I can actually forgive, solve the problem and be friends again with a guy or gal. In a relationship, there's no chance it would take a mighty, mighty miracle from heaven above to change my heart and mind to get that guy back in my life again for a second chance into the relationship. Bottom line, my answer is No.

Back