Divorce

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I know that some of you guys are divorced but if you don't mind me askng. why did you have a divorce? Just curious.. not trying to be rude or anything. I know a friend of mine had an divorce last year because of her ex husband's cheating and got another girl pregnant plus she was in an abusive relationship with him. Thankfully she's fine now and is in Las Vegas with her new man and shes pregnant with his baby. :)

Why? - well there's a lot of good reasons to get divorce!

No one want to put up with cheat partner, and there's no trust in their marriage, what is the point to keep it continue!

Lots of domestic rows is unhealthy for kids, and please remember they are watching adults as an example and will do it same to their future spouses!

There are lots of divorces in my family, some people are too blind in love when they got married, eg my sister married her man and after 4 years of trying to start family, and the test show her husband is infertity, and she divorced him because of it!! I have lost respect for her but accept her silly decision, I believe she could have save her marriage by adopted or donor sperm.

Marriage is for better or for worse!!
I am still married for 16 years - its up and down like everyone!

Last edited:
I have friend of mine was divorce two years ago. He learn the mistake and it different when you married someone.

Sometime when my friend married someone and that person can turn out monster. The monster can take all your money, limited your dream to success, and lot demaned. The woman decide to divorce because my friend don't made enough money and told her that they can't go out for fun due she spend money for her clothes, make up, and thing that never use that cost more than 100 dollars. She doesn't cook the dinner when my friend come home from two job. She demand my friend to cook. So thing has harder on him because she didn't help anything. She work as teacher assist and easy job for only 6 hours for 5 days even my friend work for 12 hours for 7 days. She left him with no reason and my friend blaming himself that he is not good husband. So my friend went see divorce adsiver to heal himself to seek if he do anything wrong. He has some admint the mistake because she push his button on. The main reason she want married my friend: leave her familiy, want to have baby, house and until all her goal is met. She is going to kick him out. Today, she rumor that my friend abuse her and end up my friend into jail. All kind ugly lying about the ex wife or husband to made person look good. I hate when that happens. So we end up to against her with POV (Protection Order Victim). She don't bother us for one year and thank for it.

My friend told me about the mistake to relateship with someone. He have not know her for 24 hours such as spend family camp, deaf union camp, and stuff to know each other by 24 hours. Talk about the job career where the place to be settle down because you might don't like person's plan if he or she say, 'oh i don't know. probably stay home and get ssi. my parent will help me." he or she not good enough to be partner relationship. Many thing that people can lead mistake to marriage. I only think it because the person want have baby, money or leave the family.

One of my other friend decide to not friend with me because his girlfriend told him to. So one thing I sometime don't understand why can't person decide say no or whatever to stand for themselve because its who they are. if person don't like it and then leave.

RedRum said:
Why? - well there's a lot of good reasons to get divorce!

No one want to put up with cheat partner, and there's no trust in their marriage, what is the point to keep it continue!

Lots of domestic rows is unhealthy for kids, and please remember they are watching adults as an example and will do it same to their future spouses!

There are lots of divorces in my family, some people are too blind in love when they got married, eg my sister married her man and after 4 years of trying to start family, and the test show her husband is infertity, and she divorced him because of it!! I have lost respect for her but accept her silly decision, I believe she could have save her marriage by adopted or donor sperm.

Marriage is for better or for worse!!
I am still married for 16 years - its up and down like everyone!

True...I agree with you, RedRum. I asked for a divorce when I was first married to a deaf ex-husband after I gave birth of his 2nd child. He was involved with another woman when I was pregnant with his 1st and 2nd child. So, the marriage wasn't lastin' long..only 3 1/2 years. After 20 years later, he came back and asked for a room mate to where I live now. I turned him down, because he saw my success. I had my own job. Got my own place and all. The reason he asked me for a room mate was because, his credit was bad and when he applied for an apt. to rent, most of the landlord/manager turned him down. He lives in his own car. Sad, isn't it?

i explained a long story in other thead.. i forget which thead... so i had good reason divorce him....

The only thing I cannot stand about Marriage couples are the cheating. If you married a person U are to be faithful. U the one who took the vows and if you thought about not being faithful to your marriage then don't get married... I am seeing those happen a lot. That is the Major reason why I never got married is based on forever to the person u that is right for you your soul mate your lover for lifetime ... Sometimes. I wondered why get married you could live with that person for the rest of your life. but then if that doesn't happen then the person is free to go. I know that Divorce can be a bitter thing cuz you have to spilt everything up in equally and sometimes they take more than what u have. or worked hard for they take your share of company etc. I was engaged twice and I do know that both of the guys I was engaged to didn't work out. one cheated on me one became abusive. I was not in rush and IM glad I never got married. Some do stay together in a marriage longer cuz they did the right thing make sure they are the love of their life with eachother.

Short version: I got a divorce because the exwife wanted it. Now her second husband hates me and she wants me back. I don't want her back! Ugh!

I'll make this short....

I asked for a divorce because, of the abuse.....and my soon to be husband hates me because he wants the marriage to stay.....too late after 15 years of chances....

Deaf258 said:
Short version: I got a divorce because the exwife wanted it. Now her second husband hates me and she wants me back. I don't want her back! Ugh!

She compared with 2 men and prefer you over him, she can't take the clock back! I know a friend married to same man TWICE and divorced him TWICE!! :crazy:

after a few marriage proposals,
i could have gotten married earlier but
I choose not to get married for
a few reasons: 1) not enough trust
with the great fear of infidelity/cheating
ending up getting hurt badly
2) too much hassle
with the finance management...
i learned that most divorce occurred
because of money issues as the number one
reason for these disagreements over money,
the next number 2 reason "cheating"
That's why I never got married....

Last edited:
CyberRed said:
He lives in his own car. Sad, isn't it?

Why wouldn't you help a father of your children a place to live?..instead of him living in his own car...How does your children feel about this?...

RedRum said:
She compared with 2 men and prefer you over him, she can't take the clock back! I know a friend married to same man TWICE and divorced him TWICE!! :crazy:

sound like that Deaf528's ex-wife probably
realize that it's her BIG Loss... oh well.

i even know a real handsome hunk deaf guy who
got married three times, and during that partial life phase
time span all of his ex-wives even followed him
all the way to Utah temporarily for a few years
and he's my ex-beau who gave me a marriage proposal
after his 1st wife, then i was not ready that time and
then he got re-married to someone else,
and then he wanted another divorce from her and then
he gave me another 2nd marriage proposal to me again
and then he got re-married to a third wife. There was a talk
around joking that I might become his fourth wife
eventually. Who knows ? ha (I'm strong believer of fate)
I love him so much as a person, but i think
there was a problem with
too many women going crazy after him, sigh....
He knows how to enjoy life being active outdoors
such as waterskiing, snowskiing, racquetball,
camping with RV, cooking, conversations, etc...

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
Why wouldn't you help a father of your children a place to live?..instead of him living in his own car...How does your children feel about this?...

Good point, Angel. I think both Angel and CyberRed
are wonderful people.

Dear CyberRed: I do NOT know you, but at least
I can share with you from Christian's perspective:
Forgive him. Forgive him. Forgive him.

I understand that this is very very difficult
to forgive your ex-hubby for what he's done
with you in the past.

Dear CyberRed again: Please do forgive and do consider
to take him back for family and children.
You will feel much better afterward...
That's almost what happened to me in the past 2 times,
another long story about someone else being homeless
only because family did not forgive him so he recently
passed away sleeping in the RV even in a warm weather.
His family regretted that they should have forgive him
and let him back, but it's too late. I have another
long story, but thats enough for now.

You and him are in my prayers !!! (Smile)

^Angel^ said:

"Co-dependency" is not a good idea!

Y said:
Good point, Angel. I think both Angel and CyberRed
are wonderful people.

Dear CyberRed: I do NOT know you, but at least
I can share with you from Christian's perspective:
Forgive him. Forgive him. Forgive him.

I understand that this is very very difficult
to forgive your ex-hubby for what he's done
with you in the past.

Dear CyberRed again: Please do forgive and do consider
to take him back for family and children.
You will feel much better afterward...
That's almost what happened to me in the past 2 times,
another long story about someone else being homeless
only because family did not forgive him so he recently
passed away sleeping in the RV even in a warm weather.
His family regretted that they should have forgive him
and let him back, but it's too late. I have another
long story, but thats enough for now.

You and him are in my prayers !!! (Smile)

Yeah, I can understand what you mean. But, the word "co-dependency" is not a good idea and even thou, I already forgave him in a long time ago. We are still friends for the sake of our children. That's all there's to it. :)

CyberRed said:
Yeah, I can understand what you mean. But, the word "co-dependency" is not a good idea and even thou, I already forgave him in a long time ago. We are still friends for the sake of our children. That's all there's to it. :)

i agree that co-dependency is not a
good idea (that's another long story
for this exactly same reason here but
it's a too long story anyway) Glad that
you both are still friends :)

CyberRed said:
"Co-dependency" is not a good idea!

I do understand what you mean by ' Co- Dependency '....It's obvious that in some cases or situations ' Co- Dependency ' doesn't work...Let me tell u about myself here...My soon to be ex husband abused me...If he was somewhat in a similiar type of situation as your ex husband , I would be happy to put my feelings aside and help him by asking around or help find him a place to live but not with me but somewhere than being out on the streets or in his own car...I would do it for anyone even strangers, that's the kind of person I am....

God would want people to be good samaritans besides acting out of doing something such as doing good deeds, etc....

I would want my children to see that I am helping their dad because I do care and wouldn't want my children to see where their dad is living in....Children do need both parents and sometimes, we just have to put our feeling aside and do the right thing for the sake of the children....Reaching out in certain ways despite our own inner sufferings or what the past has brought upon me or anyone else with whatever kind of experiences (both good and bad) have gone through, yet by being a good samaritan reaching out in any way that I'm able to contribute, help...without being co-dependent on each other...

I agree with u ^Angel^ I did the same thing with my Son's Dad.. He was living in New Jersey and Came back to Ohio Last two Summer's Ago.. And I let him stay with me for a Couple Months until He found a Place to live on his own.. I did it for My son Markus and Plus I didn't want him to live on the Street... He had No Job No Place to Live,, He got Laid off and I offered Him to stay at my place just for him to get back on his feet even through he doesn't pay Child Support Only 900.00 I ever gotten from him.. But I do not do this Out of Anger.. I do this Cuz I am that type of Person with a heart to care...

Back