Ditch vehicle, you would?

reba is an interpreter.. an interpreter needs a transportation to get to work on time. and most interpreter have a full schedule have to be at dr office by 1 pm.. then be to meeting 10 miles away at 2 30 pm and list goes on.

even riding a cab is much more expensive than driving ur own car. and a bus.. takes time to get to there, walk then get to another bus or so.
Exactly. For example, twice this week I got phone calls at 7:30 a.m., requesting me for a terp assignment that started at 8:30 a.m. That gave me less than one hour to eat, take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, fix my hair and make up, pack my bag, get in the car, drive thru rush hour traffic, and arrive at my assignment, check in, sit down, and start signing. Ha! Try to fit a bus schedule into that routine! :D

That's practical given you live near a bus route. I done that for many years before I lost my ass in vegas in August 98.

Richard

I need a car cuz the bus routines here are crazy, and it would take me a hour to get somewhere.. espeically if I only have 20 min to get somewhere. So I think, personally.. that having a car is a good thing. I used the mass transist system in my home state for years.. it sucks and waiting long periods of time for a bus is not fun. Subways are easier IMO, but it depends on where you live.

I need a car cuz the bus routines here are crazy, and it would take me a hour to get somewhere.. espeically if I only have 20 min to get somewhere. So I think, personally.. that having a car is a good thing. I used the mass transist system in my home state for years.. it sucks and waiting long periods of time for a bus is not fun. Subways are easier IMO, but it depends on where you live.

Move to LA, that's solve your problem. :D

Me ditch my two gas guzzling SUV? HELL NO WAY!!!

I do not want to be stuck in snow storm! These gas guzzling SUVs gets me anywhere! Even places really inaccessible by cars

You live in North Pole?

Most USA is only snow for 1-2months and nothing happen for 10months. It's waste. Most jobs closed during snow storm.

Edit for add.

My friend had Jeep wrangler "97 V6 for 4-5 years and no one care about him. He is very upset about gas problem and spend lot $$ plus not great for highway. Engine keep shake like hell when he push gas to 70mph but no problem on 40mph. He sold it and bought used 2006 Honda Accord V6 from junkyard (accident and rebuild) He spend it for $17k and only 11k milesage. He said much better! it's more faster and save lot gas than Jeep and very smooth on highway at 80mph. Now many people told him Nice car!

Believe or not, polices have NO PROBLEM with RWD during snow storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving to a city where there are more people does NOT solve the problem, because frankly, you're just exchanging one headache for another. I've lived in a city most of my life, and the problems are still gonna be there.

You live in North Pole?

Most USA is only snow for 1-2months and nothing happen for 10months. It's waste. Most jobs closed during snow storm.

Edit for add.

My friend had Jeep wrangler "97 V6 for 4-5 years and no one care about him. He is very upset about gas problem and spend lot $$ plus not great for highway. Engine keep shake like hell when he push gas to 70mph but no problem on 40mph. He sold it and bought used 2006 Honda Accord V6 from junkyard (accident and rebuild) He spend it for $17k and only 11k milesage. He said much better! it's more faster and save lot gas than Jeep and very smooth on highway at 80mph. Now many people told him Nice car!

a savage car isn't a good choice... have it accident and rebuild is a bad choice. i won't pick a car that has an accident history. because the problem will happen later in long run. like what if a frame is bend a little.. and you barely can notice this.

You live in North Pole?

Edit for add.

We have police vehicles that is SUV up here! Where we live is really a snow belt, we get lots of snow, more than most of area in the United States and some areas in Canada, and business and stores closes? It is only a dream up here! The only time they would close is when the area is declared as state of emergency and that happens only once every 10 years. Even with 3 feet of snow dumping overnight, most business and stores here STILL open for business. Also, where I work, I can't miss work no matter what.

I would think differently if I live in areas with less snow.

I just took transportation today for first time since 1999. It's a hour to my workplace. It's not bad, at least, I have something to keep me company by play either video game, treo and nap. :D It's less headache for me. No more bitching over other driver. haha.

If I keep go like that. I would save probably 40 to 50 precent a month on spend for gas.

ah yes.. for being Disability, cost me only a buck for all zone, for a day. Or I would want to pay $15 for a month unlimited ride. woot

I read somewhere probably on the TV news about a super fast train. It will be installed in Eastern states. I don't know when they will do that. I am sure that there will be more super trains in Western states. I probably like to go on that train to ahead my schedules.

a savage car isn't a good choice... have it accident and rebuild is a bad choice. i won't pick a car that has an accident history. because the problem will happen later in long run. like what if a frame is bend a little.. and you barely can notice this.

Not my problem. It's him. Everyone think it's bad idea and no warranty. Screw it!

We have police vehicles that is SUV up here! Where we live is really a snow belt, we get lots of snow, more than most of area in the United States and some areas in Canada, and business and stores closes? It is only a dream up here! The only time they would close is when the area is declared as state of emergency and that happens only once every 10 years. Even with 3 feet of snow dumping overnight, most business and stores here STILL open for business. Also, where I work, I can't miss work no matter what.

I would think differently if I live in areas with less snow.

Well. My car have no problem with ~4 inch snow. In 2005,I drove from work to home in 40miles during snow storm and I passed Ford Explorer at 40mph on 3-4inchs snow on highway, Few seconds later Ford driver was out of control and crash on the wall. It's scary me! Thank god it missed me. Chicago area is very few SUV here not much. Same day airplane is crash. Probable Factors Contributing to the Meso-scale Snow Band

I just took transportation today for first time since 1999. It's a hour to my workplace. It's not bad, at least, I have something to keep me company by play either video game, treo and nap. :D It's less headache for me. No more bitching over other driver. haha.

If I keep go like that. I would save probably 40 to 50 precent a month on spend for gas.

ah yes.. for being Disability, cost me only a buck for all zone, for a day. Or I would want to pay $15 for a month unlimited ride. woot

I will laugh if u miss stop when you take nap or play video game too much.

My car is Honda Accord, also not alot of problem when drive on snow day.

Understandable, nothing wrong with it. SUV is not designed as inevitable. It is great vehicle *IF* you know how to drive it properly, especially driving in snow. It was not designed to speeding in heavy snow accumulations, even if it is in 4x4 mode. Yes, it does go faster in snowy road... BUT, STILL BUT if you need to do brake, or stop fast, it is no different than 2 wheel drive vehicles. Those SUV drivers who thinks they can speed and go as fast as they want to in snowy or icy road, they are purely IDIOTS!

Anyway, my Jeep Willy was able to drive though 18 inches of unplowed snow, no way any car can do that. I do not think I can drive though more than 18 inches unless I get it lifted more. :)

Well. My car have no problem with ~4 inch snow. In 2005,I drove from work to home in 40miles during snow storm and I passed Ford Explorer at 40mph on 3-4inchs snow on highway, Few seconds later Ford driver was out of control and crash on the wall. It's scary me! Thank god it missed me. Chicago area is very few SUV here not much. Same day airplane is crash.

It is all political talks! Yak yak yak since when? I still remember, 1970's and it is almost 40 years, what have been done? NUTHIN!!!

I read somewhere probably on the TV news about a super fast train. It will be installed in Eastern states. I don't know when they will do that. I am sure that there will be more super trains in Western states. I probably like to go on that train to ahead my schedules.

It is all political talks! Yak yak yak since when? I still remember, 1970's and it is almost 40 years, what have been done? NUTHIN!!!

Really? I guess that they are not doing it. I remember that it was on the news last year. I didn't hear anything about it this year. I guess it's all BS.

Yea, one good example is from Philly to Pittsburgh, PA. never made it, same as here in Upstate NY.

Really? I guess that they are not doing it. I remember that it was on the news last year. I didn't hear anything about it this year. I guess it's all BS.

The only time I will ditch my vehicle is when my car drop dead/dies permanent...

Not my problem. It's him. Everyone think it's bad idea and no warranty. Screw it!

Well. My car have no problem with ~4 inch snow. In 2005,I drove from work to home in 40miles during snow storm and I passed Ford Explorer at 40mph on 3-4inchs snow on highway, Few seconds later Ford driver was out of control and crash on the wall. It's scary me! Thank god it missed me. Chicago area is very few SUV here not much. Same day airplane is crash. Probable Factors Contributing to the Meso-scale Snow Band

I will laugh if u miss stop when you take nap or play video game too much.

Not just for SUV, it was from tire issue, that need replace into new tire that can running on snow day.

Not just for SUV, it was from tire issue, that need replace into new tire that can running on snow day.

No matter. My best friend's older brother work at Illinois state of the police for seven years and he told me everything what's happen. I just shocked he don't use snow tires for Crown Victoria Police(right now he own Dodge Charger Police ) for snow storm. He use very cheaper tires and no problem.

I don't have snow tires and don't need. You need to learn how to control on snow. Dry roads = hold brake and high speed, heavy rain and snow = pump brake to slow down and stop.

My mom own BMW RWD and no need snow tires so no problem so far.

Hubby and I have jobs that require vehicles.

Why should we move to areas that have a higher cost of living? That would just make the financial situation worse. That doesn't make sense.

What so? You can get lucky in anytime in NYC.

There's alot of rent apt in NYC for reasonable if you are looking for 5 boroughs.

or apply for HUD (housing project) but oh wait... I don't think that you will quality because interpreter is usually to make alot of money.

I can careless if I work at fast food and enjoy to live in housing project with other person.

I love NYC cuz no need car then I will buy alot of games, DVD, clothes or whatever.

Back