Dinner Party of Four

G

Gemtun

Sue me if this is a repost but Im going ahead anyway :)

If you guys could invite 3 people (celebrities, famous people, etc from the past or present) for a dinner party at your house this coming Friday. You will provide a gourmet dinner and wine to please them.

Now, who would you invite? And why?

For me, I would invite

Mother Theresa (in my opinon, she was the most inspiring person I ever knew and admire her works with the poor and sick. I would ask her how to help me cope with this ever increasing world cynicism yet apathy)

Rumi (12th century Persian poet/philosophist. I admire his works greatly and he is timeless. Again, I would ask him to share his thoughts of this modern world and how I could achieve peace within myself despite chaos)

Eleanor Roosevelt (I collect all of her quotes and just love her work in social causes. I think that FDR would never have made this far without EDR's behind scene influence. She is a perfect example of this saying " Behind a successful man, there is an even more successful woman.")

Now I d like to know your answers. :popcorn:

Levonian said:
Easy—Einstein, Linus Pauling, and Jose Cuervo. :P

Now tell us why?

You're gonna serve tequila to Einstein and Pauling? And ask Cuervo how he made tequila?

That is if I understood you correctly about Cuervo ..I gave up on tequila long time ago after one totally wasted night on tequila. I even gag now at the memory.

Sabrina said:
Princess Diana, Oraph and John Tavola

You didnt say why...but I can assume that you want to learn how to do disco dancing with Travolta, huh? ;)

Meg said:
Now tell us why?

Oops—you’re right. My bad. :mrgreen: I would invite Einstein and Pauling because they were the two greatest minds of the twentieth century—‘nuff said. As for Jose, he would be there to make sure we all had a good time. Yep, that blender is gonna be going all night. :)

I would invite:

Princess Diana; I have always admire her and want to sit down with her and discuss her fullest advantage, How big heart warmth person she is when she first became saint to victims, the sick, the discriminated, hugging AIDS patients, the homeless people.

Tom Cruise, the all-time sexiest man, I watched all his movies had a major crush on him when he played in the movie Endless love, Risky Business, Top Gun, Cocktail, Days of Thunder and more....Would love to just stare at his eyes and just listening to him for hours I've always found him so interesting and his eyes and body damn can't refused that.. LOL!

John Kennedy, In facts I never knew him in reality because he died in 1963. Back in high school I have wrote a report on him, how he became a Democratic Congressman. he took action in the cause of equal rights, which that I admire about him so much. I am also a democrat person and would love to sit and have a good conversation on polities with him.

I don't know about the 4th person yet, I would have to get back to you on that one. ;)

Probably my grandmother who died in 1992 at the age of 92, my grandfather who died when I was 3, and my father's brother who died in 2000. It will be great to see them again and catch up with the news and good times together.

Meg, I want to say something... I love your thought-provoking topics.

I would invite --

My grandmother (my mom's side): for kept her family together when her ex-husband, my grandfather left her for other woman. If not for her, I probably will not have my mother as she is right now. My grandmother always deserve my respect and my love for her because of that. She sacrificed her health by giving her foods away to her children (my uncles & aunts) when she don't have enough money or foods. I am sad when she passed away approx one year ago. I love her for her amazing instincts and kept the family together thru hard times plus her knowledges.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy: possibly the best president of America in history. I'd love to sit down and discuss with him about politics and such... He knows what he was talking about politics. (it is difficult choice to pick.. Abraham Lincoln or JFK but I pick JFK. I'd love to sit down and discuss with Abraham Lincoln, the last republican president of America with a brain).

William Wallace: His history always amazed me.. Ever since Braveheart movie, I studied the history about him. Wallace's devotion to his lover, it inspired me.. That's what I want to do for my lover. His philosophy and his belief, what can I say? Almost everything about him inspired me. Nowaday, chivalry is dying... or even mocking by. Grr. Also discuss with him about philosophy, chivalry and such.

Last edited:
4 people I like to have dinner with.

1.) Princess Diana - Admire her humanity included AIDS, Land mines, and many things for her to do. Feel her as more than just being a princess. Without her, the royal family will not be in spotlight as well.

2.) Angelina Jolie - Bet u aren't surprise that I mention her name. She's my fave one. Angelina involves in the humanity, too.

3.) Peyton Manning - One of my fave sport players. He broke some NFL records included the total of touchdown and Quarterback rating for a single season.

4.) My grandfather (mother's side) - Dearly miss him all with my heart. He passed away in 1990. Love to have a dinner with him again. Used be worship on him mostly during my childhood. He took role model as "father" to me while my real father is in nowhere (long story).

I would invite Princess Diana and her 2 sons William & Harry to share with us (family).

I would inivte Ben Affleck to have candle lit dinner alone with me :naughty:

Liebling:-))) said:
I would inivte Ben Affleck to have candle lit dinner alone with me :naughty:

LOL! I somehow had a feeling about your respond Liebling, I knew you love Ben Affleck and I was thinking "Would she put Ben Affleck on her list?" I have to wondered, Even if you are married, would you still invite Ben over for a candle light dinner? :naughty:

1. Jesus - He is the son of God and died for our sins, He heals, given us strength, our comforter, giving us his LOVE, his peace, his promise, protecting us, grieves for us, carry us and given us enternal life...

2. Mother Theresa - She helps alot of people inculding children who are poor, hungry or needs love, she is the most amazing person who cares so much for alot of people....

3. Joyce Meyer - Loves the way she pour her heart into writting, she talks about God and forgiveness,and I love her books, she the type of person I would want to sit down and have a chat with her....

Cheri said:
LOL! I somehow had a feeling about your respond Liebling, I knew you love Ben Affleck and I was thinking "Would she put Ben Affleck on her list?" I have to wondered, Even if you are married, would you still invite Ben over for a candle light dinner? :naughty:

Why not! :lol:

My hubby knows that I´m crazy about Ben Affleck :lol:

Jesus is my Number ONE Choice, I had a dream once and it was so real, that we were in a beautiful mansion and everyone said, 'Jesus is coming'.. I saw him enter the room, I felt sooo nervous, and excited, OMG the feeling was so real, and then he could read my mind and he came over to me and smiled. I woke up... AWESOME dream!! :mrgreen:

JFK- My hub is a fanatic for him, and I know my hub would looove to have him for dinner lol. (p.s. I had to watch the movie a bajillion times w/ my hub cuz its his fave) :lol:

Hmm.. third choice is James Woodrow Myers.. the grandpa I never met. He's a legend in my family. He died when my mom was 15. They were so close and she would tell me stories about him growing up.. and to me, hes like the last gentleman on Earth... named my son's middle name after him. :hug:

Back