Did this woman lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do take it literally when someone determins for me what is important, or not. I decide what I feel is irrelavant, not someone else, because this is my life and not any one elses. I happen to think this is an important topic because she is the presidents WIFE, She was obviously caught in a lie, not a very good one at that, because now she looks bad, when she looks bad her man looks bad and when he looks bad WE look bad. Some of us seem to think wealth and war are the way to show the world we are a respectiable country, others like myself think it has a lot more imapct when your leaders and their families are honest and not so pahthetic they need to lie and embelish a story to pull at heart strings. Being a Moral person means a lot to me, being one that can show dignity means a lot. She showed neither that day.

Allow me to follow my moral compass, and do not proceed to tell me what is important to me. I chose my arguements quite carefully and respond to only those that have a deep meaning to me. Weather I agree or disagree.

My telling you that I have a heath condition was not for your sympothy, it was to teach you a small lesson. I am on the computer as I stated to chat with interesting people and interesting topics, that is my OPINION, I would rather not be outside "like you" looking at what you call more interesting topics, and avoiding engaging in what I consider a very good question and a very thoughtful question. You litter these threads with nonsense arugements about the OP not the topic and it's rather tiresome to those who do enjoy posts such as these. (the ones you find "wasteful")

Now can we get back on topic?

I am sure when you take the attitude of "whoa" take it easy itis much like my response to Banjo's comments to me.

I wasn't aware of your medical condition. Sorry to hear that though. Jiro is correct regarding on what I meant by what I said. Regardless, I meant what I said. No point in trying to soften the impact of it because then I would be lying.

I just believe we should be debating on issues that actually matters rather than a gaffe one may had made during a presentation to the IOC. Frankly, they are better off without the Olympics though, but that's for another thread.

I'm sorry for unintentionally offending you though.

Apology accepted.:wave:

that's my point, buttkisses. To call it a LIE.... ya'all need to come up with some kind of proof to dispute that. There's a huge difference between "lie" and "gaffe".

let's face it. It's still lose-lose for Obama. If Chicago won a bid for Olympic, ya'all will be complaining that we'll be in bigger debt for next several years. If Chicago lost a bid for Olympic, ya'all will be complaining that Michelle's "lie" cost us a few votes and Obama not spending enough time at IOC meeting.

oh boy oh boy......

This is EXACTLY why personal vituperative responses shouldn't be done in here. This is about the thread, not about commenters. People are getting way, way too personal against commenters.

The Examiner takes a closer look at the inanities.
RightBias idiot awards

BK, I hope you get better!

My view is that she was recalling the earlier events when actually sat in lap. And had thrown in Lewis name......we are talking about 1984....come on...memories are famous for becoming vague and dulled. Especially our youths as we move forward past that stage.
for the editors to not catch the timeline....so what.....it is only gutter dwelling that targets this type of HUMAN mistake. And trying to turn it into something else.....especially when including an MS victim......I find it despicable. And someone seems to have a pattern of using people's misfortunes for political points.
And also bashing people's humaness for political points. I'd rather have a human person as First Lady than a robot.
I for one am done listening to despicable type garbage.
Am putting the TROLLER child on ignore. peaceout.

And it's quite interesting that people want this thread to be locked up rather than discuss why would Michelle say those things when it's the most implausible thing she would say. Rather a campy little speech for the IOC officials who probably raised their eyebrows at her claims. Maybe even lost votes because of that?

They would rather see it locked because the fact that Michelle said she was sitting on her father's lap is not important in the grand scheme of things. People are sick and tired of you bringing up completely innane and petty issues and then attempting to carry out your personal vindetta against the Obamas. Your behavior is bordering on pathological,and people are, quite simply, disgusted with your complete lack of ehtics, your dishonesty, your finger pointing, and your hypocrisy.

This is EXACTLY why personal vituperative responses shouldn't be done in here. This is about the thread, not about commenters. People are getting way, way too personal against commenters.

The Examiner takes a closer look at the inanities.
RightBias idiot awards

BK, I hope you get better!

Such as accusing people of stalking? Yep, way too personal and hypocritical, as well. :cool2: Dish it out, and expect to get it back.

Just checked it out. How come you're not in that list? :dunno:

Is it necessary to say ? This is not about ADers. This is about the articles any ADer would like to post and share their thoughts and pieces. It is not very nice to put a finger at ADer and make that judgement about his/her motives. This is very wrong. You are detrailin' this thread for doin' that.

oh good god, you are the one that brought up the topic and accused her of lying therefore you are going to ask for trouble.

She looks like she simply misspoke or recalled incorrectly. You are the one that decided to declare her a liar and that's irritating as hell.

Before you get so judgmental, read about "false memory"

"These results show that people will create false recalls of childhood experiences in response to misleading information and the social demands inherent in repeated interviews."

The Formation of False Memories

Is it necessary to say ? This is not about ADers. This is about the articles any ADer would like to post and share their thoughts and pieces. It is not very nice to put a finger at ADer and make that judgement about his/her motives. This is very wrong. You are detrailin' this thread for doin' that.

and it's wrong to put words into people's mouths too as well.

honey - this thread was already derailed before it started :lol:

Do you really want to listen to this crap? I feel like this thread is a place for perverts to gather around and gossip about Michelle sitting on daddy's lap :ugh:

Jiro is now a Janitor. I will clean this shit up! :mad2:

and it's wrong to put words into people's mouths too as well.

Well, if you guys don't like to read what OP would like to say, then don't go there. Just don't post anything. Find elsewhere where it will interest to some ADers. No hard feelings here. :)

oh good god, you are the one that brought up the topic and accused her of lying therefore you are going to ask for trouble.

She looks like she simply misspoke or recalled incorrectly. You are the one that decided to declare her a liar and that's irritating as hell.

Before you get so judgmental, read about "false memory"

"These results show that people will create false recalls of childhood experiences in response to misleading information and the social demands inherent in repeated interviews."

The Formation of False Memories

That's fine if you want to defend her gaffes and lies. Was it her fault or the teleprompter's? I think the IOC officials saw right through her story.

Well, if you guys don't like to read what OP would like to say, then don't go there. Just don't post anything. Find elsewhere where it will interest to some ADers. No hard feelings here. :)

well if you don't like our posts, put us on your ignore list :)

no hard feeling either.

So according to you, it is perfectly okay for someone to put words into your mouth? You clearly condone his actions for doing so even though you didn't say so.

See what I'm doing here? I'm putting words into your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back