Did this woman lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, talk about grasping at the straws.

In response to the quote that banjo posted:

Context, kokonut. Context.

Post a video with spoken audio, or post a clip with spoken audio on a deaf forum, you would have to provide a transcript. Post a video with visual components or a picture on a blind forum, you would have to describe them. Post all four on a deafblind forum... yeah.

This is a predominately a forum catering to the deaf population as a whole. Of course members would not think about describing pictures because the blind isn't a large part of their world.

I don't expect people to post transcripts for me on online forums where hearing are the majority; I may ask someone what it is since my "speakers are dead" or something along that line. Kinda like... why would you post in English, when you're on a German forum? Why post an audio when you're on a deaf forum?

I don't expect you to describe pictures or videos, however I do expect you to provide transcripts for spoken audio and environmental sounds.

If you do end up describing pictures, then it show that you are willing to go above and behind to include the minority.

In response to the quote that banjo posted:

Context, kokonut. Context.

Post a video with spoken audio, or post a clip with spoken audio on a deaf forum, you would have to provide a transcript. Post a video with visual components or a picture on a blind forum, you would have to describe them. Post all four on a deafblind forum... yeah.

This is a predominately a forum catering to the deaf population as a whole. Of course members would not think about describing pictures because the blind isn't a large part of their world.

I don't expect people to post transcripts for me on online forums where hearing are the majority; I may ask someone what it is since my "speakers are dead" or something along that line. Kinda like... why would you post in English, when you're on a German forum? Why post an audio when you're on a deaf forum?

I don't expect you to describe pictures or videos, however I do expect you to provide transcripts for spoken audio and environmental sounds.

If you do end up describing pictures, then it show that you are willing to go above and behind to include the minority.

This isn't about me, souggy. Note the thread topic.

Mod note:

Thread is closed for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back