Did this woman lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!!! She may have cost votes. Sitting on Daddy's lap is just an embelishment to give you warm fuzzy feelings but the time line cannot be over looked and I am sure a few knew rather quickly the story was not accurate. Michelle's fault or the promters, doesn't matter the responsiabilty falls on Michelle's shoulders and she shouldn't of spoke something that was obviously not the complete truth or was a mistake.

As the President's wife she has to do better than this, people expect better.

And that's what got me thinking. IOC officials know their Olympics history. I'm sure eyebrows were raised when she said that. How would you feel if you were an official judge at an event where you knew your history and somebody comes up and did a speech about his/her history and you knew the person's lying would you want to give him/her that vote?

And, so, another possibility of why those votes were lost. It may or may not be the case but it's just as probable as the rest of them as to the ultimate reasons why Chicago received the lowest number of votes out of all of those cities to be the Olympics pick.

Jiro, that's an unexecusable justification. I never target anybody's families or their relationships in AD.

Banjo, not unusual? Er, ok.

I'd say it's unusual and implausible to have three different time events at three different age period at three different Olympics games all taking place on Daddy's lap?

kokokokokokokokokokonut - please re-read it again. I cannot believe you're seeing it negatively. that should explain your delusion

btw - it's inexcusable, not unexcusable.

I'd say it's unusual and implausible to have three different time events at three different age period at three different Olympics games all taking place on Daddy's lap?

Who cares?

You need to get your mind out of the gutter.

It's the inanity and implausibility of Michelle's speech. She's the one who made the assertion that she sat on her Daddy's lap. Not me. Oh, wait, let's blame the teleprompter while we're at it, too. It's never Michelle's fault.

I question the administration's handling of this and why do a fib like that knowing she'd get caught in all this. This just reeks something that doesn't smell right.

And that's what got me thinking. IOC officials know their Olympics history. I'm sure eyebrows were raised when she said that. How would you feel if you were an official judge at an event where you knew your history and somebody comes up and did a speech about his/her history and you knew the person's lying would you want to give him/her that vote?

And, so, another possibility of why those votes were lost. It may or may not be the case but it's just as probable as the rest of them as to the ultimate reasons why Chicago received the lowest number of votes out of all of those cities to be the Olympics pick.

It could be. None the less I find it embarrassing. Mistake, lie, whatever. She was there to represent not just Chicago, but The US. The embelished feel good story, designed to pull at your heart strings but ended up making her look like a liar and a fool is a reflection of all of us in a way. She did a poor job in judgement, and frankly, if she could do this?? What else could she do?? :hmm:

She said she was in Daddy's lap. Why does that mean any one's mind is in the gutter?? It is a very questionable story. What is the likelyhood she would watch all three sitting in her Daddy's lap!? It sounds silly and untrue. If she did sit in Daddy's lap for every single one of them, I would think Daddy would of said "get off my lap" when she was 20!! She would of been too heavy to watch it from his lap. I have sat on my Daddy's lap at the age of 38 but only for a few seconds because the poor guy's lap cannot hold my heavy butt any more.LOL (Michelle is not a "little" woman by any means.):whistle:

That picture Ronald McDonald rolling up his eyes while he is reading a book with a thought cloud "What the fuck am I reading" made me laugh.

:rofl:

oh damn I forgot to transcribe my pix. :ty:

She said she was in Daddy's lap. Why does that mean any one's mind is in the gutter?? It is a very questionable story. What is the likelyhood she would watch all three sitting in her Daddy's lap!? It sounds silly and untrue. If she did sit in Daddy's lap for every single one of them, I would think Daddy would of said "get off my lap" when she was 20!! She would of been too heavy to watch it from his lap. I have sat on my Daddy's lap at the age of 38 but only for a few seconds because the poor guy's lap cannot hold my heavy butt any more.LOL (Michelle is not a "little" woman by any means.):whistle:

I'm sure his daddy isn't a little man either :lol:

methinks some people who think "that" way are probably perverts

Oh geez! I guess all the girls that are ten pounds more than I shouldn't be sitting on my laps either!

Michelle is not overweight, and I am sure her father can tolerate someone between 100-160lbs on his laps.

The fact that you are devoting a large amount of your day of your time questioning such an irrelevant matter is a sign you need to get out more. The same goes for the original poster.

The fact that you are devoting a large amount of your day of your time questioning such an irrelevant matter is a sign you need to get out more. The same goes for the original poster.

I would if I could but I am currently stuck on the couch with a rare form of RSD in stage 3 of my right foot. I can barely walk, so I decided to spend my day in conversation with people I find interesting. Talking about Topics that I find interesting. Not that what or how I spend my day is any of your business. You can keep your advise on well being to yourself. I did nothing to promote this personal attack and I quite frankly find it offensive. I was having a discussion and if you do not wish to read about it, perhaps you should go and spend some time outside, unless you are like me and physically unable. Then I would suggest that you to kindly leave me alone. I will decide what is irrelivant to me in my life and what is important, unless of course you plan on being my nurse for the next year?:ty:

Oh geez! I guess all the girls that are ten pounds more than I shouldn't be sitting on my laps either!

Michelle is not overweight, and I am sure her father can tolerate someone between 100-160lbs on his laps.

That is not what I meant. I was simply trying to show how her story just doesn't ring true. The part of her sitting on her Daddy's lap was an embelishment desinged to pull on the Judge's heart strings and it could of backfired. I didn't say she was overweight, but she is not little either, she is quite tall and IMO a solid build. I on the otherhand freely admit I have a huge bum! LOL

Wait until your daughters are 20 years old. I'm sure they'll be sitting on your lap too. You'll understand :)

No way! I wouldn't let one of my kids to sit on my lap over the age of 20. Neither their dad. They are OLD ENOUGH to sit down on the COUCH or CHAIR. :ugh:

I would if I could but I am currently stuck on the couch with a rare form of RSD in stage 3 of my right foot. I can barely walk, so I decided to spend my day in conversation with people I find interesting. Talking about Topics that I find interesting. Not that what or how I spend my day is any of your business. You can keep your advise on well being to yourself. I did nothing to promote this personal attack and I quite frankly find it offensive. I was having a discussion and if you do not wish to read about it, perhaps you should go and spend some time outside, unless you are like me and physically unable. Then I would suggest that you to kindly leave me alone. I will decide what is irrelivant to me in my life and what is important, unless of course you plan on being my nurse for the next year?:ty:

take it easy. Banjo's quote is not meant to be taken literally. It doesn't always mean you should get out and have some fresh air. Just that you should spend your time reading on something..... intellectual rather than obsessing over Michelle sitting on her daddy's lap, ya know?

I mean I understand you have a medical condition that causes you to be confined at home. While it's none of my business on how you spend your time, let me say this - it's rather pitiful to spend most of your time on this michelle lap thing, right?

Last edited:
No way! I wouldn't let one of my kids to sit on my lap over the age of 20. Neither their dad. They are OLD ENOUGH to sit down on the COUCH or CHAIR. :ugh:

:lol: Then stay away from my family or some of my Japanese friends. :lol:

No worries... I haven't seen my family in a year. Hoping to keep it that way too. :lol:

:lol: Then stay away from my family or some of my Japanese friends. :lol:

No worries... I haven't seen my family in a year. Hoping to keep it that way too. :lol:

LOL! Good! :P

I wasn't aware of your medical condition. Sorry to hear that though. Jiro is correct regarding on what I meant by what I said. Regardless, I meant what I said. No point in trying to soften the impact of it because then I would be lying.

I just believe we should be debating on issues that actually matters rather than a gaffe one may had made during a presentation to the IOC. Frankly, they are better off without the Olympics though, but that's for another thread.

I'm sorry for unintentionally offending you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back