Did Jesus Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only am I the resident journalist, but I'm also a theologian. Would you like to back yourself up with Scriptural proof?

You're a theologian asking me to back up with scriptural proof?

The burden of proof rests on you, not me. The Old Testament did NOT predict Jesus Christ. The New Testament made serious mistakes about the prophecies in the Old Testament - attempting to say that the OT predicted Jesus's coming which in fact, the OT said nothing about Jesus.

You gonna give us time, bec there's som much in the old testament fullfilled and I know several in Book of Psalms mentioned it and also popular part is Isaiah 53.

Get these things out of here. Don't turn my Father's house into a marketplace!"
OT, but that could be seen as being anti-Christian marketing/christian bookstore.......like all those WWJD things, and specificly Christian thingys.
There is none like Him and not one person after Him compare.
No, that's inaccurate. Some scholars think that Jesus may have been built on the story of the Krishna (as in the Hare Krishnas) or on the ancient myth of Mithras. Both the story of Krishna and Mithras are STRANGELY simlair to the Jesus story, AND predate the Jesus story too!

True, not only them, hundu quoted Jesus and many religion has. But all of them still in the grave, but Jesus isnt

If we were to send a modern doctor back in time to meet Mary and determine whether she was a virgin or not, what would he find? ;)

VamPyroX said:
If we were to send a modern doctor back in time to meet Mary and determine whether she was a virgin or not, what would he find? ;)
M & M CANDIES - PEANUT

hottiedeafboi said:
True, not only them, hundu quoted Jesus and many religion has. But all of them still in the grave, but Jesus isnt
There is noooooooooooooooo proof of this. Hinduism predates Christianity by many many years.

pek1 said:
The blood comes from the father's line. Medical experts will back that up, as does the Bible.
There is NO blood passed from the father to the fetus at all ever. The ONLY material a father passes is in the one single sperm cell that fertilizes the one single ovum (egg) cell in the mother. Both parents contribute exactly 50% of the genetic material. Even when in utero, the mother's blood and fetus' blood is separated by the placental barrier - though the mother's blood feeds the placenta, so in some sense, material that passes from her blood does indeed pass to the fetus. ...and you bring this up as if "sin" was a physical material passed in blood to begin with. As if.

You gonna give us time, bec there's som much in the old testament fullfilled and I know several in Book of Psalms mentioned it and also popular part is Isaiah 53.

I am aware of those prophecies and none of them do NOT predict Jesus whatsoever. Many are so vague and anyone can make predictions but the prophecies that Christians claim to fulfil Jesus's arrival are totally false and it's 100% clear to anyone who don't have a preoccupation with Christian faith.

Let's take one prophecy for an example: "Isa.7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."

The Gospel writer claimed it prophecised Jesus but that is not what the OT is saying. Oddly, Christians won't even see the apparent contradiction. The OT was talking about an immediate event in their TIME, not several centuries later! Jesus was never... not once... called "Immanuel" in any verses of the New Testament therefore that prophecy does not fulfil. Additionally, the KJV mistranslated "virgin" when it's really a "young woman", not a virgin. It clearly reveals the writer's mistake.

netrox said:
Jesus was never... not once... called "Immanuel" in any verses of the New Testament therefore that prophecy does not fulfil.
Immanuel is not a name, it's an exclamation meaning "THE LORD HAS COME!" It's like saying "A child will be born and you will say that child is all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips" - that's not his name - it's what people will say about him.

Yes, thanks Morrigan, Hinduism and Mithrasism predates Christianity BY THOUSANDS of years!

netrox said:
Many Christians say Jesus never sinned. My question is did he ever say he doesn't sin?
Your question reminds me of this passage:

John 8
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. 19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. 20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

I was in a mission trip where is strong hindus and islam on the island of Trinidad and Tobago. I was at the airport and celebrating Hindus holiday called Divali got a big poster and couldn't spell the persons name. Quote after Jesus ask about who will be the light and who will be the truth and who will feed the people and etc. So that person of Hindu said, "I am the light and the truth and I will feed my people........" That's where I met those hindus believing it.

Netrox, as I have seen you quoteing it and making appear what it said and all of that, you couldn't understand it. And also, Immanuel is not a name, its mean" God with us" is born from the virgin. That is why the name Christ, mean who saves.

deafdyke said:
Yes, thanks Morrigan, Hinduism and Mithrasism predates Christianity BY THOUSANDS of years!
...Hinduism was fully formed around 1500–1300 BCE. (3,500 years ago)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism#Origins_of_Hinduism

Mithraism was an ancient school of thought prominent from the 7th century BC. .. The veneration of this school of thought began about 4,000 years ago in Iran....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraism

The worship of God Jehova was established with Adam and Eve in the year 0 (roughly 6,000 years ago). After that, subsequent generations of people perverted God and His word, and various cults developed.

Christianity is the worship of the same Savior that Adam and Eve looked forward to, thru faith in the same God. The name "Christian" is only 2,000 years old but faithful believers have existed since Man has touched the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back