Did Jesus Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Many Christians say Jesus never sinned. My question is did he ever say he doesn't sin?

Depends on what you define as sin, and how you regard Jesus. Personally, if Jesus wasn't partly man with the same motivations as a normal man - some jealousy, some anger, some doubt, maybe even lust - I don't see his sacrifice as particularly meaningful. It is a man who strived to be holy and serve God that made the ultimate sacrifice. Dieties don't die and don't feel pain - so it doesn't move me much to think of a diety dying.

Did Jesus murder or rape or big things like that? I doubt it, but most of us don't commit that kind of sin. Was he kind of a normal guy? I hope so.

Jesus didn't say I have not sinned or I'm a sinner. And also, never bragged about it. Jesus gave up His glory to become human like us, but no sin. He is a Sacrificial Lamb of God. During the crucifixion, our sins is upon Him, which meants He sins for us, He bored our sins upon Himself, and God, The Father turned His back on Him, bec of our sins in Him and He conquered the power of sin to save us and bring us Hope and to be with Him forever. The point is if Jesus sinned before crucifixion, then no hope for anyone, bec sins remained and we will have everlasting punishments. That's why God has a plan to prevent that happening. That's the whole message of the Gospel or called Good News.

Sin

The Bible has a rich vocabulary for sin:

1) " to miss the mark, " as a person shootin' a bow and arrow and missin' the target with the arrow. A person sins by missin' the mark God has established for the person's life;

2) " crooked or perverse spirit, " seen as persons pervert their spirits and become crooked rather than straight;

3) " violence " with the connotation of evil breakin' out. Sin is the opposite of righteousness or moral straightness. Sin is a lack of fellowship with God. Anythin' which disturbs or distorts this fellowship is sin. The NT defines sin against the backdrop of Jesus' perfection as the standard for righteousness.

Jesus traced sin directly to inner motives, statin' that the sinful thought leadin' to the overt act is the real sin. The outward deed is actually the fruit of sin. Anger is the same as murder ( Matthew 5:21-22 ). The impure look is tantamount to adultery ( Matthew 5:27-28 ). The real defilement in a person stems from the inner person ( heart ) which is sinful ( Matthew 15:18-20 ).

Sin brings separation from God, estrangement, and a lack of fellowship with God. If a person dies not havin' corrected this problem by trustin' Christ, then the separation becomes permanent ( Romans 6:23 ). Sin also produces estrangement from other persons. All interpersonal problems have sin as their root cause ( Jason 4:1-3 ).

The only hope for peace to be achieved on either the personal or national level is through the Prince of peace ( Jesus ).

So, it sums up pretty much that Jesus is God and He is never sinned. IF, He does really sin, then everythin' will be distorted. :)

CyberRed said:

So, it sums up pretty much that Jesus is God and He is never sinned. IF, He does really sin, then everythin' will be distorted. :)

But Jesus´s mother is sinned... Correct? If yes, it mean that Jesus is sin because he born to his sin mother.

The only hope for peace to be achieved on either the personal or national level is through the Prince of peace ( Jesus ).

Accord my both sons, Jesus was born King of Israel or King of the Jews. :dunno:

Last edited:
Liebling:-))) said:
Accord my both sons, Jesus was born King of Israel or King of the Jews. :dunno:

Both!! He was prophesied about throughout the Old Testament as being the Jews promised Messiah. The old (Jews) are done away because they rejected Jesus (Yeshua) as Messiah, hence, they are no longer Jews. The 'new' Jews are Christians.

Yes Mary is a sinner. You gonna have to remember, Jesus wasn't born from human sperm. That sperm is pass along which sin carries. But will not affect Jesus, bec born of the Spirit, not human sperm

hottiedeafboi said:
Yes Mary is a sinner. You gonna have to remember, Jesus wasn't born from human sperm. That sperm is pass along which sin carries. But will not affect Jesus, bec born of the Spirit, not human sperm

Don´t forget about mother´s egg and blood. Jesus was in sinned mother´s womb. :)

Interesting. Well, my view is that Jesus clearly did sin.

For example, Jesus harvested on a Sabbath Day which is a sin. Jesus ate and drunk excessively which is a sin. (He was called a drunk and a glutton). Jesus told his disciplines to steal animals and stealing is a sin. Jesus physically assaulted the people at the temple and that's a sin.

Jesus was not a perfect man.

And the Old Testament never predicted Jesus as the Messiah. The Jews rightfully rejected Jesus as the Messiah because it's not what's said in the Old Testament.

Lieblin, correct about the part of it, GOd does human couldn't. Netrox, that's ur opinion. You gonna to have to remember what Jesus said in each of the incident. Did you know its even against the law, for helping a person who fall into the ditch and risk for life on sabbath? Jesus point out, about King David and the temple? That's what religious is looking for, TRAPPED JESUS. Religious leaders couldn't figure it out how to answer it and knowing themselves that Jesus is right and not only that, you know thru the old testaments, religious leaders killed the prophets. And yes, you know one of the religious leader actually believes Jesus is the Messiah, bec what it been prophisied in the old testaments.

Good Lawd!

Wow, it seems like everyone is beating up a dead horse.... if you want to know the truth, take a time machine and go back 2,000 years back in time to witness that stuff. TOO MANY INTERPRETATIONS make it too confusing and unnecessary blahs...

Catholic Church believes that Mary is the virgin and it was between the Lord and Mary that produced Jesus. That is their belief....

so regardless, we are not in position to "JUDGE" it... it is the man upstairs who "JUDGES" the life...

:dunno:

netrox said:
For example, Jesus harvested on a Sabbath Day which is a sin.
You're right - by Jewish law this was clearly seen as a sin. Good looking out.
netrox said:
Jesus physically assaulted the people at the temple and that's a sin.
No, he only knocked thier table over. There is no indication he was physically violent to their persons.
netrox said:
Jesus was not a perfect man.
That's kind of the point I was making. He was human - or at least partly so.

Many people think that to believe in him, we must consider him without flaw so they try to prove he was, when there is no Biblical indication he was an infallible being.

Jesus was a drunk and a glutton. I didn't say that. The Gospels said that.

Matthew 11:19 - "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

Luke 7:34 - "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners.""

MT, you said he only knocked over tables. These verses do not support your claim:

John 2:14-16

14In the Temple area he saw merchants selling cattle, sheep, and doves for sacrifices; and he saw money changers behind their counters. 15Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and oxen, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables. 16Then, going over to the people who sold doves, he told them, "Get these things out of here. Don't turn my Father's house into a marketplace!"

It's clear to me that he assaulted people with whips. That frigthened the Jews which led to a call for the killing of Jesus.

Netrox, I read the whole chapter of Matt 11. U picked the verse and missed the point. Jesus did not actually drunk and glutton. The is Jesus saying. Now, Jesus is talking about John the Baptist, about there is noone like him, as Jesus said " In the Scriptures God says about him (John the Baptist) "I tell you thay noone ever born on this earth is greater than John the Baptist. But whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John. From the time of John the Baptist until now, violet people have been trying ro take over the kingdom of heaven by force. All the Book of the Prophets and the Lawof Moses told what was going to happen up to the time of John. And if you believe them, John is Elijah, the prophet you are waiting for. If you have eats, pay attention! You people are like children sitting in the market and shouting to each other. We played the flute, but you would not dance! We sang a funeral song, but you would not mourn!" John the Baptist did not go around eating and drinking, and you said, "That man has a demon in him!" But the Son of Man goes around eating and drinking, and you say, " That man eats and drinks too much! He js even a friend of tax collectors and sinners." Yet Wisdom is shown to be right what it does. You get it? Jesus is telling them how people thinks, why Jesus knows their thoughts. In Luke 7 is similar this about after Jesus healed people of all kinds and told Johns follow to tell John of this. And Jesus said to the pharisees how pharisee rejected God and not obeying Him. And claiming Jesus eat and drink too much. Bec Jesus knows their thoughts. You misquote that.

MorriganTait said:
Dieties don't die and don't feel pain - so it doesn't move me much to think of a diety dying.

Offtopic, but this reminded me of a book Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) wrote, called "God's Debris". It's more of a Gedanken (thought experiment) than an actual statement of belief. He writes from the position that God is omnipotent (and thus, omniscient), and that life is all about challenging ourselves. From there, we say that since God is omnipotent, the only challenge left for Him/Her/It is self-destruction - suicide. Sort of an explanation for one interpretation of the omnipotence paradox ("Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot even he couldn't eat it", as Homer Simpson would say). From there, one of the characters goes on to reveal to the young narrator that we as human beings (and more importantly, the interactions that make up society) are all "God's debris".

Interesting book, regardless of its internal (and, I suspect, knowing) inconsistencies.

netrox said:
John 2:15 15Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and oxen, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables.
Again, no indication that he whipped anyone or anything - but it seems to me he drove out the animals with the whips, if anything, and this is the only passage you will find like this I am sure. In Mark and Matthew where the same scene is recalled, no whips mentioned.

About the temple, its not long before Passover, jesus went into temple and very upset, grabbed the whip and tossed the table and make people go away and take the dove out. Now notice this saying, " Get those doves out of here! Don't make my Father's house a marketplace." Now notice this part, The disciples then remembered that's the Scriptures say, " My love for your house burns in me like a fire." The jewish leaders asked Jesus, "What miracle will you work to show us why You have done this?" Jesus answered, " Destroy this temple and in three days I will build it again!" The leaders replied, " it took 46 yrs to build this temple. What makes You think You can rebuild it in three days?" But Jesus was talking about His Body as a temple. And when He was raised from death, His disciples remembers what He had told them. Then they believed the Scriptures (old testaments) and the words of Jesus...." That is why you misquote it. And missing apoint of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back