Dental work

i gave up smoking and started using plastic nicorette inhalator shoved one in mouth to sharply and knock three teeth out.cost me 500quid in all get plate.what i paid out for in ciggs i ended up paying treble for at dentst.

Foxrac - why are your teeth decaying? are you eating a lot of candy or drinking acidic stuff like sodas? not enough vitamins and protein? do you brush your teeth regularly?

tumblr_lknn1urCIs1qjxsouo1_500.jpg

Foxrac - why are your teeth decaying? are you eating a lot of candy or drinking acidic stuff like sodas? not enough vitamins and protein? do you brush your teeth regularly?

One reason: I didn't floss on regular basis.

The decay is side of teeth to other teeth, so when not flossed and food got stuck in, so cannot removed with toothbrush only. My decayed teeth are impossible to notice without x-ray.

I have dental work tomorrow in afternoon.

They finished to work on right side today so they will do left side in next Monday because work in all combined cause more hard to chew.

I have two crowns, and for the most part my insurance covered them. I had to pay 200 dollars for them each. So instead of it costing over 2000 dollars it was only about 400.

As for the experience i've had with them- they aren't too bad.. At first they feel really awkward because they are a lot smoother than your regular teeth, but after they get used enough they feel natural. No pain really, didn't hurt to get them in, and it's been about 2 years since I've had them put in and no problems yet.

The dental work is so-so painful, but I only feel extremely pain when they inject to numb, so before they inject, they gave me a numb pop.

After dental work, I had to take bite test to ensure that filling isn't broken and if dentist see some parts on it, so they have to crown it, but lucky, I passed it as all clean.

The filling is white and many dentist offices no longer to use silver filling anymore.

I had dental work in last afternoon for left side and it was more painful than right side.

After dental work, I saw a lot of bleed in my mouth. :ugh:

I had dental work in last afternoon for left side and it was more painful than right side.

After dental work, I saw a lot of bleed in my mouth. :ugh:

They might have hit a nerve as happened to me. The right side of my tongue still feels like it was burned with Coffee.

See how it feels after a few days.

I remember about dental work - first time in 1994, so again in 1997 as last one for silver filling, so I had one decay in 2003 after my brace got off and again in 2010 for only one tooth. I got 4 decay teeth in 2013 - ugh... :ugh3:

Couple of my old dentists don't use silver filling anymore, but back in 1994, there were no stronger resins (white) for molars.

This thread reminds me, I'm dreading the visit to the dentist myself knowing I will need a filling redone. Yikes, sorry this happened to you. Dental work isn't cheap anywhere I even have dental insurance and its not cheap even with insurance when I need dental work done.

I still have a silver filling on a tooth that yet have not given me any problems for over 20 years but its the tooth that I have a feeling will need to be redone soon!

I have silver fillings almost 50 years old, and none of them have needed replacing. Hubby had a few of his silver fillings fall out, and they had to be replaced.

Back