Deaf schools/ Mainstream and how long?

Gatorboy00 said:
Went to hearing schools when I grew up until the middle of my 8th grade year. That was when I moved to Florida School for the Deaf and graduated there. Class of 2000, Go Dragons!

P.S. I also met Aberrrcrombie03 when she was a young student at FSD. Hope I didn't spoil your secret! :naughty:

;) Secrets doesn't exist anymore...Don't get me wrong, I love growing up at FSDB, but damn...I need a break. :)

Aberrrcrombie03 said:
;) Secrets doesn't exist anymore...Don't get me wrong, I love growing up at FSDB, but damn...I need a break. :)

Lol, Why would you need a break?

I want in mainstream for my life.

Soon, I will return to college for another degree. Yes, in mainstream again. :D

I was in mainstreamed for a long time since age 3 til high school - went to Model Secondary School for the Deaf for two years then went to Georgia School for the Deaf for the last two years. class of '88

:repost: I think...I think it's in here somewhere...have to find it. But I do know there's another thread similar to yours.

MODS: If this is a reposted thread, could you please merge this with the existing thread? Thanks! :thumb:

From the age of 3-5 I was in a intervention program for the Deaf- therefore, that was where I learned how to sign. From the age of 6 to 9, I was in a deaf program down at Ithaca Elementary School. Then by the time I got into 4th grade, I've been in a hearing school, and am the only deaf student out of all the school districts in my town. Currently, I am a junior in high school. Hoping to attend RIT or University of Rochester. We'll see. :) Peace out y'all.

I went to oral school for the deaf in Wichita, Kansas from 2 to 4, then to another oral school for the deaf in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Went to mainstreamed school from 2nd grade until I finished high school in Oklahoma City. Went to both deaf and hearing colleges. I learned to sign english when I was 13 years old, and when I graduated from high school, I learned ASL from the deaf community. I can speak well even without any hearing left in my ears.

deaf program in mainstreamed elementary for 6 years (did go into a hearing class for several months but the teacher was NOT deaf-friendly.. made the class difficult on me especially on purpose (gave me more hw, more tests than other kids... totally unethical when i looked back... to push me back into deaf class so i un-mainstreamed in 4th grade), mainstreamed ever since middle school (7 years now... 3 more years to come at the university!)

Was a former FSD student too from 2nd grade to 6th grade n then ever since I've been to 2 different public schools. Great experience, though!

Simba- do u keep in touch with the Peterson every once in a while?

went to mainstream public school from sperm until 3rd grade then went into CSDB as 4th grade until class of 2001!

I went to mainstreamed school from preschool until 7th grade in Lincoln, NE then I enrolled Oregon School for the Deaf and graduated there (Class of 2001!)

I grew up in mainstreaming school until 8th grade I moved to Illinois school for the Deaf and I graduated 1995 :P

Fly Free said:
K to 3rd grades was mainstreamed then 4 to 9th grades at MarylandSD til i ended up getting expelled then finished out HS at MSSD

and it took me over a year to mention what class i was with :Oops: i graduated with MSSD class of 1989!

class of 1989!
'89? Wow....that was the year I was in third grade! Few months before I had my foot surgery! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago!

deafdyke said:
'89? Wow....that was the year I was in third grade! Few months before I had my foot surgery! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago!

:lol: deafdyke -- yea its LONG time ago! hahaha -- awww u in 3rd grade hehe cute! :thumb:

I think I seem to be the only person in AD to have survived all 12 years of Deaf school and never stepped even a little wee toe into a hearing/mainstream public school.

<--Tenn. School f/t Deaf all the way, through all the grades I could muster then tossed my graduation cap off in 1990.

Went to the mainstream school with a deaf program for 8 years then both deaf program and some hearing classes with interpreter from 8th or 9th grade until 12th grade. Graduated in 1980. Oral class from K to 6th grade. Started to learn sign language (total communication) when I was 12 years old in 7th grade.

I went to Mainstream school when I was 3 yrs old to 15 yrs old. Then I joined WSD in Cheese state as 15 yrs old until 1992.
Mommyof3

LOL....yeah...well I have friends here at school who were in kindergarten or preschool when you graduated high school! :mrgreen: I don't have any friends who weren't born yet.

Back