Deaf Muslims Outreach?

sakinah111

Reaction score
Hi (Salaam Alaykum) :wave:

I am very new to these online comuities and posting blogs or threads.
Currently I have found that there are no decent chat rooms to just general chat and share interests with one another regardless of age, gender or religion.
So I am having a go at posting a thread on here and see the outcome? :hmm:

Anyway, I am deaf and a hearing aid user all of my life, what got me started is that in all my life I have never gone without the u[/I][/B][/FONT]se of my hearing aid, I have been totally dependent on it and ignorant to the deaf community due to my unbringing and influences from family members. Two months ago my hearing aid just fell apart on me in my hands::jaw: Ultimately leaving me in a panic state!! So much for the present NHS, years ago i could just walk in to the hospital clinic and would be seen to straight away, Now! :shock: I had to wait a month for my GP to refer me to hospital and the hospital cant see me until three months time!!!

So over these last few months i have been in total isolation, not being influenced in my younger days to learn sign language as I have always ignorantly relied on my hearing aid :roll: My only means of survival is my lip reading skills, my phone and my computer!

So thats about my present situation so far, the reason for my thread is twofold 1) I would like to learn more about the deaf community :roll: since I have been ignoring them for so long after being influenced to act "Normal" within normal society. 2) I am a muslim also, dont worry Im not some fanatical radic, I am very broad minded and not ignorant of other peoples faiths. It would be nice to know of other deaf muslims like myself, I was brought up catholic, married a born again pentecostal christian orphan, who was lead into islam and as I studied islam I followed and converted too.

One of my main peeves is that being muslim I have noticed a severe limitation in resourses not only for the deaf muslim community but also for anyone with any disabilities, because not only am I deaf but I suffere with physical disabilities too and the difficulties I have in obtaining information, education and even entering a mosque is profound and this has led me to much isolation. Since losing my hearing aid I have felt even more isolated and this has made me realise how so many people out there are ignorantly and maybe not deliberately being totally ignored and isolated from society on a grand scale!! This realisation had shocked me to the core and have become so frustrated, because not only is the Muslims community suffereing, but in all socieities and all faiths.

I feel a great burden within in me that so many people are suffering from isolation, and that this problem is on a grand scale, because it needs a great outreach from all walks of humanity to take this into account. I know there are many indviduals and charities that do try there best, but sadly there are still many wholes that need filling.

I live in the south east of london and regarding outreach for the deaf, disabled within the muslim community is seriously lacking, even for other walks of faith there is limited resourses. Because I feel such a burden within me I had post this thread and put my feelings and points across.

feel free to post your opinions back to me, i would love to hear from anyone relating to my topic. :ty:

Sakinah111 :deaf:

Currently I have found that there are no decent chat rooms to just general chat and share interests with one another regardless of age, gender or religion.

Anyway, I am deaf and a hearing aid user all of my life, what got me started is that in all my life I have never gone without the u[/I][/B][/FONT]se of my hearing aid, I have been totally dependent on it and ignorant to the deaf community due to my unbringing and influences from family members. Two months ago my hearing aid just fell apart on me in my hands::jaw: Ultimately leaving me in a panic state!! So much for the present NHS, years ago i could just walk in to the hospital clinic and would be seen to straight away, Now! :shock: I had to wait a month for my GP to refer me to hospital and the hospital cant see me until three months time!!!

So over these last few months i have been in total isolation, not being influenced in my younger days to learn sign language as I have always ignorantly relied on my hearing aid :roll: My only means of survival is my lip reading skills, my phone and my computer!

So thats about my present situation so far, the reason for my thread is twofold 1) I would like to learn more about the deaf community :roll: since I have been ignoring them for so long after being influenced to act "Normal" within normal society. 2) I am a muslim also, dont worry Im not some fanatical radic, I am very broad minded and not ignorant of other peoples faiths. It would be nice to know of other deaf muslims like myself, I was brought up catholic, married a born again pentecostal christian orphan, who was lead into islam and as I studied islam I followed and converted too.

One of my main peeves is that being muslim I have noticed a severe limitation in resourses not only for the deaf muslim community but also for anyone with any disabilities, because not only am I deaf but I suffere with physical disabilities too and the difficulties I have in obtaining information, education and even entering a mosque is profound and this has led me to much isolation. Since losing my hearing aid I have felt even more isolated and this has made me realise how so many people out there are ignorantly and maybe not deliberately being totally ignored and isolated from society on a grand scale!! This realisation had shocked me to the core and have become so frustrated, because not only is the Muslims community suffereing, but in all socieities and all faiths.

I feel a great burden within in me that so many people are suffering from isolation, and that this problem is on a grand scale, because it needs a great outreach from all walks of humanity to take this into account. I know there are many indviduals and charities that do try there best, but sadly there are still many wholes that need filling.

I live in the south east of london and regarding outreach for the deaf, disabled within the muslim community is seriously lacking, even for other walks of faith there is limited resourses. Because I feel such a burden within me I had post this thread and put my feelings and points across.

feel free to post your opinions back to me, i would love to hear from anyone relating to my topic. :ty:

Al walicum al salam (or somethng like that, forget how to spell the reply)
welcome to alldeaf.
Have patience and learn sign, stick with it. Sign will set you free. It wont fall apart, in your hands like your aids, love the image though, its via our hands and eyes we breach the wall that is desfness as an afflction and curse in need of cure to Deafness as a gift.
Im not muslem.
BuT there are s few on here, a couple from saudi arabia, im friends with one, havnt seen him for a long time, anyway they are around.i posted an article about pakistani sign language a few weeks ago...if your interested...
Just keep learning sign, im sure the uk has a few more muslem deafies. Over their.
Just remember.
Your not alone.
And sign will....(refer to my sig)

you need referral to whipps cross hospital and if you HA was nhs in first place then just contact audi....I believe there Pakistani deaf club in the Ilford area.....if you Know City Lit,central line holbien you get certain amount of help...if you want uk deaf site it limping chicking or go to bbc site.

oh don't expect top dollor HA they not bad but could be better

hI,

THANKS FOR ALL YOR FEEDBACKS AND WELCOMING ON ALLDEAF, AS I BROWSE AROUND AND TYPE NORE THREADS ETC u GET THE HANG OF THE WEBSITES SOCIAL ETTIQUEITTES'

SO MANY TOPICS FROM TRIVIAL DOMESTIC ISSUES TO DEEP DEBATES, BUT HEY ITS FUN AND KEEPS US IN CONTACT. :) X

SAKINAH1111

Last edited:
I cringe when you yell with Capital Letters. Just don't get excited. Glad that we can help you with your hearing aids and where to look for in your area or in the big city like London. Is London in England (UK)? There is London in Ontario in Canada and probably others London in other states, I think. Let us know where London came from.

:welcome: to All Deaf Forum. :wave:

I cringe when you yell with Capital Letters. Just don't get excited. Glad that we can help you with your hearing aids and where to look for in your area or in the big city like London. Is London in England (UK)? There is London in Ontario in Canada and probably others London in other states, I think. Let us know where London came from.

:welcome: to All Deaf Forum. :wave:

he talking about a part of London England...I tried pm him some facts where get help but think maybe problem him getting pm...If he reading this now then bbc good starting place.

maybe op got eye problem easier do uppers..i know I typing away often forget still in uppers think oh no not doing that again...I wish there something could do change it back without retyping

Still trying to get hang of rreplying to messages.
Love some of these post.

Lol im in london uk.

Whipps cross and ilfors too far to travel.

Gonna keep searching for resources in my locality
Or mauybe try and make my own group see how it goes.

Dont expect too much as im such an amateur and bit dubious in my self esteem

he talking about a part of London England...I tried pm him some facts where get help but think maybe problem him getting pm...If he reading this now then bbc good starting place.

maybe op got eye problem easier do uppers..i know I typing away often forget still in uppers think oh no not doing that again...I wish there something could do change it back without retyping

Still trying to get hang of rreplying to messages.
Love some of these post.

Lol im in london uk.

Whipps cross and ilfors too far to travel.

Gonna keep searching for resources in my locality
Or mauybe try and make my own group see how it goes.

Dont expect too much as im such an amateur and bit dubious in my self esteem

Both of you who were trying to do Private Message each other. sakinah111 has to wait until sakinah111 can post more than 10 posts or more. I see that there is only 5 posts so that mean it need to be up to 5 more posts before you can have private message to Caz or Caz to private message to sakinah111.

Okay?

hI,

thanks for all yor feedbacks and welcoming on alldeaf, as i browse around and type nore threads etc u get the hang of the websites social ettiqueittes'

so many topics from trivial domestic issues to deep debates, but hey its fun and keeps us in contact. :) x

sakinah1111
Easy. Just selected the above text, went to Safari toolbar>Edit>Transformations>Make Lower Case.

thanks BEB I did not know that either..
OP whipps not that far but if you prepared to wait for your local audi then ok....Try City Lit that Holbian on central line again you may get fast tracking for BSL or just go to limping chicken that british web site.
I know Pakistani who felt and tOld his life had no value bc deaf THEN he got his CI he was treated like normal Pakistani man after that...He went out of his way tell me to have CI I tried explain it was not my fate to have one...His family refused let him do bsl or go to school,it been dreadful stiuation and I have wonder how many more are treated like this....the OP has knowledge of this treatment

I believe that there was an European Deaf Club in Chicago area. Maybe you can check and find out.

Back